No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 5 - a “new direction” for the franchise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I absolutely love Sheva. Her adorable demeanor, her fighting skills, her unlockable outfits(mmm). I liked her as it was, but then I read her 36-page file and fell in love with her. She's a very cool character with more backstory than many Resident Evil characters. I have such a crush on her.

It sucks though, I'll soon know how the Barry and Rebecca fans feel as she'll be buried and never heard from again.

Comment

I'm okay with new characters and new plots so long as there is always a connection to the original storyline of Resident Evil. This can be done numerous ways, but I think it's most plausible to have a character we're already familiar with be the new main villain, preferably Sherry. Ada also has a lot of potential, considering she can be viewed both as a villain and as a "good guy." Also, we need to always keep the roots of Umbrella. Always. Capcom should also never introduce a new character without associating them with an original character. Sheva worked out nicely because she was with Chris in RE5, and if Sheva were to appear in another game and become a main character, I'd be over the moon with happiness.

I prefer they avoid some long-lost relative of the main characters (i.e., Jill has a younger sister that suddenly shows up and shit like that). Just... please no.

I don't think any of this is too much to ask for, and I pray Capcom realizes that they need to be careful in order to retain the series' roots. Gradual introduction works better than a complete makeover.

Comment

if RE5 is the last game RE game to have Chris and Wesker and RE3 the last time we'll ever see Jill again as the main character then you can sign me out , not fucking paying a penny to see my fav franchise get raped to death for money , fuck you capcom for screwing over your fans, maybe you should watch how Koei and konami treat their fans before you make a stupid move like this , RE is the #1 survival Horror and will always be , i got used to RE4 new gameplay and now they're going to take the only thing that makes RE5 worth playing? don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out to bankruptcy, the same morons who only played it because it plays like gears of war will move on to other games ,the ratings show that everyone thought that RE5 was too slow and should be an action game, and even if they added strafing and completely turned it to an action game then it will STILL suffer in sales.
        Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
        I'm gonna have to seriously consider buying RE6 when it rolls around. As far as I'm concerned, the Resident Evil storyline died Spoiler:
        Spoiler:
        Last edited by ThWorldGreatest; 03-20-2009, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ThWorldGreatest View Post
          Spoiler:
          Wesker wasn't in RE4? Hmm...that's news to me. And that's besides the point, because
          Spoiler:
          Last edited by Vector; 03-20-2009, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Wesker wasn't in RE4? Hmm...that's news to me. And that's besides the point, because
            Spoiler:
            Spoiler:

Comment

Spoiler:
              Spoiler:

Comment

Spoiler:
                Spoiler:

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Spoiler:
                  sigpic
                  Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        Spoiler:

Originally posted by A-J View Post

Spoiler:
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Last edited by Henry Spencer; 03-21-2009, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X