Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, Umon's right. Michael Gough is the person I was referring to. Gough is credited in Castlevania SOTN's credits but for some odd reason no one has added it to the IMDb, but his credit appears exactly as it does in Silent Hill - "Michael G." It is listed, unliked to Gough's profile, on Mobygames - http://www.mobygames.com/game/castle...y-of-the-night and in order of credits, including Scott's, on GameFAQ's - http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/data/196885.html

The IMDb isn't exactly reliable and is user updated "just like wikipedia", so just because it's not there doesn't mean it doesn't exist as a credit, but instead of stating the obvious I will link some video that will show as much.

Firstly - a bit of history - prior to 2005, there was no voice cast credits other than the fake names from in the game listed on the IMDb. The RE1 voice cast was added to by Lynn Harris a few years ago, she according to her own provided details, provided Rebecca's voice... apparently... because I haven't heard her IRL to be sure. But I did have some long e-mail conversations about the creation of the game (let's just say she spent a lot of time tooting her own horn about having to be impromptu voice director). If what she said was true, she did say a number of the actors were visual and voice, and some were voice only and some were visual only. I was trying to put together an interview for the site (following the several others I'd done at the time), but she made it very difficult because she'd been contacted by some major gaming site for the same thing - which never panned out or we'd have heard about it.

Back to the video I mention... oddly enough, in the opening of Castlevania SOTN there is a discussion between Richter Belmont and Dracula... one of these characters is Scott, the other is Michael. Check this video at 2:25 onwards and tell me which of the two characters, and therefore voice actors, sounds like a particular STARS member from the PS1 original...

Last edited by Rombie; 03-18-2009, 09:24 AM.

Comment

well hot damn, someone actually found out who the actors are. this is awesome news.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
        Back to the video I mention... oddly enough, in the opening of Castlevania SOTN there is a discussion between Richter Belmont and Dracula... one of these characters is Scott, the other is Michael.
        You're right the actor who voiced Richter also voiced Chris in RE 1. The problem is that Michale G who also voiced Saddler doesn't sound like Chris or Richter at all so my explanation is that someone messed up with the credits of SOTN. Take a look

So I think that Scott voiced Chris and Richter and Michael G voiced Dracula and Saddler.
        sigpic

Comment

The other explanation would be that as a voice actor, he can do a variety of voices without sound similar (and undetectable through digital compression). I would've never guessed that Saddler's and Harry's VA's were done by the same person.

Comment

Or maybe Michael G and Michael Gough are different people and their imdb pages got merged. Because it's obvious that Saddler and Richter weren't voiced by the same actor.

he can do a variety of voices without sound similar
            Come on man we all know that the guy who voiced Chris is a bad voice actor, do you really believe that he can change his voice.
            Last edited by aris13; 03-18-2009, 11:20 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Michael G and Gough are the same person, confirmed by other sources since he's still doing VA to this day. And I'm not an actor but can do 3 voices and still be able to carry on a normal conversation, so that's not much of a point. And Dracula doesn't sound like Saddler either.

So unless there is another source to go by, we both stand by our respective takes.

Comment

If you want to go by sources then Scott McCulloch voiced Chris according to Lynn Harris and yes you can change your voice but the tone will be the same.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
                  If you want to go by sources then Scott McCulloch voiced Chris according to Lynn Harris and yes you can change your voice but the tone will be the same.
                  Great, so instead of dragging this on, post a link confirming that it was indeed confirmed by Lynn Harris to be McCullough and put an end to my and Rombie's take. You could've done that from the get go

And that's a no on the second matter. Look at the cast of The Simpsons, particularly Harry Shearer's and Hank Azaria's performances.

Comment

Rombie said and I quote "there was no voice cast credits other than the fake names from in the game listed on the IMDb. The RE1 voice cast was added to by Lynn Harris a few years ago." and with all due respect we are talking about shitty actors not good ones so don't compare the Emmy winning performances of Azaria with this ones. And if you want to back up your theory about Michael G then post your links.
                    Last edited by aris13; 03-18-2009, 12:55 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

I wasn't comparing those VA actors to Azaria; that was a general point that someone can disguise their voice successfully but you're hung up on the RE1 voice cast on that matter.

Pardon me while I jog my memory as to which forum post confirmed Michael G's credits some years ago

As for the IMDB bit, if Harris did in fact add McCullough, then I would suppose Rombie should be 100% certain that it's him but he thinks that it's Michael Gough. Obviously the IMDB listing changed quite a bit over the years and as noted, anyone can change the listings (look at the director credit for the game). It could be that someone saw your earlier posted source at some point and changed the listed.

So to re-iterate what I said earlier:

So unless there is another *SOLID* source to go by, we both stand by our respective takes.
                      In other words, you stand by your take and I'll stand by mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                        Firstly - a bit of history - prior to 2005, there was no voice cast credits other than the fake names from in the game listed on the IMDb. The RE1 voice cast was added to by Lynn Harris a few years ago, she according to her own provided details, provided Rebecca's voice... apparently... because I haven't heard her IRL to be sure. But I did have some long e-mail conversations about the creation of the game (let's just say she spent a lot of time tooting her own horn about having to be impromptu voice director). If what she said was true, she did say a number of the actors were visual and voice, and some were voice only and some were visual only. I was trying to put together an interview for the site (following the several others I'd done at the time), but she made it very difficult because she'd been contacted by some major gaming site for the same thing - which never panned out or we'd have heard about it.
                        That's very interesting Rombie, it's such a shame that a full detailed interview didn't go through.. It could have put a bunch of lingering questions to bed. We should try and track down her current e-mail, or even Chris or Barry's

Edit: Reading up on Lynn Harris, it seems she also served as a casting consultant... She'd probably give us a goldmine of information.
                        Last edited by Vilmer; 03-18-2009, 02:12 PM.

Comment

OMG, if Una Kavanagh was the original Jill, I'd be so proud that she's Irish!!! If it's true I will hunt her down here in Dublin!!

Comment

Originally posted by Biokk View Post
                            OMG, if Una Kavanagh was the original Jill, I'd be so proud that she's Irish!!! If it's true I will hunt her down here in Dublin!!
                            do it anyway! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Umon Daisuke View Post
                              anyone can change the listings (look at the director credit for the game). It could be that someone saw your earlier posted source at some point and changed the listed.
                              You didn't know that Mikami directed RE 1?! As I said earlier IMDB is not like wikipedia, yes you can change the info but it takes 3 weeks to process it and then making the update. Anyway I hope that Rombie will shed more light to this subject.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
                                You didn't know that Mikami directed RE 1?! As I said earlier IMDB is not like wikipedia, yes you can change the info but it takes 3 weeks to process it and then making the update. Anyway I hope that Rombie will shed more light to this subject.

How did you conclude that I was oblivious to the director position from me asking you to check out the IMDB list? Mikami is listed in addition to the live action director by the name of Misumisa Hosoko. Point is, Hosoko shouldn't be credited as the director of the project.

For years, CV's director was listed as Shimako Sato alone (the CG director alone) and when I submitted Hiroki Kato with an explanation that there wasn't a co-director only to have his name added with Sato. Seems that now someone made a separate list for the Japanese version with only Kato credited.

Aside from the fact that you can instantly edit content on Wikipedia, IMDB is pretty much the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X