Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mikami on Live Action - IIRC the Birth of Biohazard VHS which has some of the making of the live action opening, shows Mikami's involvement in the direction of the opening. Someone else will have to confirm that for me that has a copy. All I do recall though it reading a quote a few years later that basically said the team regretted going for a young and relatively inexperienced cast.

aris - Gough has one of the biggest ranges of voices of one person I've ever heard... and I'm not saying this because I've the work that (could possibly) be miscredited, I'm saying it because I've heard his complete demo reel. It ranges from stuff like Saddler to a pitch perfect Mike Myers's sounding Shrek, numerous accents and narrative voices. He imitates and creates voices very well.

So I can try and put the whole thing to rest... I'll put out the trump card I've been holding off for a while, and just see if I can ask Michael Gough himself in the interview I was lining up for the site. If I hear back from him, I'll let you know.

Vilmer - Yeah, Lynn said she basically ended up taking a casting director role on the project because very little direction was given, she also said she brought some people in for voices IIRC. This basically was her first role of that type due to this. After she e-mailed me this, she updated her own profile on the IMDb to state as much. I should try and dig out the e-mails again if I can.

My overall issue is that at this stage I can only take Lynn's word for what it is, and I have no idea if she was trying to build up her experience in my e-mails with her and she was just shooting her mouth off. For a first time directing job... well, we all know what an industry joke the original games voice acting is.
    Last edited by Rombie; 03-18-2009, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Rombie, this is the video correct?

I remember seeing bits of it years ago, but it wasn't in english so I didn't really know what was going on...

That would be sweet if you could find some of those old e-mail conversations with Lynn
      Last edited by Vilmer; 03-19-2009, 10:59 AM.

Comment

For what video are you guys talking about??
        sigpic

Comment

where's that screen from ?

youtube plz !

Comment

That screen is from the Birth of Biohazard VHS yes.
            http://www.the-horror.com/forums/alb...&pictureid=164
            sigpic

Comment

i think this is it...just...take a LOOK at THISSSS

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Daargoth View Post
                i think this is it...just...take a LOOK at THISSSS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW5sKneU0o0
                Haha, a young Jun Takeuchi at 8:29 of part 1. Off to watch the rest now.

Comment

^I saw that too. He looks so young. Did he design the characters?

Comment

Thanks for the links Daargoth. These vids are EPIC WIN!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
                      ^I saw that too. He looks so young. Did he design the characters?
                      Designer and animator for both RE1 and 2. IIRC, he did some animations for RE3 and Onimusha 3 (which he also produced), though a now-freelance designer by the name of Makoto Tsuchibayashi designed the characters (and then was contracted to do the first RE4 that turned into DMC).

Takeuchi's first breakthrough was directing Onimusha 1, and that's when he pretty much left the game design side; aside from pitching in for some animations in Oni3.

Comment

I guess it's redundant to say now, but yeah that's the video.

Just an FYI, I've heard back from Michael Gough and he's keen to answer some questions, so I'll definitely be asking if he's previously worked on the original title.

Comment

That's great news Rombie.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Umon Daisuke View Post
                            Designer and animator for both RE1 and 2. IIRC, he did some animations for RE3 and Onimusha 3 (which he also produced), though a now-freelance designer by the name of Makoto Tsuchibayashi designed the characters (and then was contracted to do the first RE4 that turned into DMC).

Takeuchi's first breakthrough was directing Onimusha 1, and that's when he pretty much left the game design side; aside from pitching in for some animations in Oni3.
                            That's cool to know. I think that would contribute to his caring a lot for the characters that were in RE5.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                              I guess it's redundant to say now, but yeah that's the video.

Just an FYI, I've heard back from Michael Gough and he's keen to answer some questions, so I'll definitely be asking if he's previously worked on the original title.
                              Maybe he'll sidestep and denounce it. I mean, would you really want to be associated with the voice acting in the game? Seriously.

Gough is a good voice actor, so I'll certainly be surprised if he was in it...

Comment

I'll be sending off the questions in the next day. He's currently doing a play in LA until April 5th, so he said he'll get back to me when he either has free time or at worst once the play is over. I'm not fussed waiting, but I'll keep you posted and link the full thing when it's done.

If anyone has any other questions you want me to ask him about RE4 or anything too, let me know in the next 12 hours or so.

Comment

Working...
                                X