No announcement yet.

Best Resident Evil couple.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm probably the only person who thinks this, but I like the chemistry between Chris and Sheva. Chris being this father-like figure to her, this experienced veteran with years of history between himself and bioweapons. A man who has struggled to come to terms with the death of his original partner, who has lost friends along the way and suffered a great deal. Then you have Sheva, a young woman who has her own troubled history but younger and having the same spark to fight for what's right that Chris himself once possessed.

If anything, I think Sheva reminds Chris of how he used to be. Young, idealistic and determined. In RE5, Chris is more jaded and cynical. His comments regarding American culture reflect upon this. Though he does retain that marvellous character flaw back from his days in the U.S. Air Force, his single-minded mentality. No more prevalent than here:

JILL: Listen. I'm gonna be alright. You two need to stop him.

CHRIS: We can't just leave you here!

JILL: You have to! This is your only chance! If Wesker succeeds, Uroboros will
    be spread across the globe! Millions will die!

CHRIS: Well yeah, but--
    And that's part of what I like about Chris, especially in RE5. Flawed protagonists are the best protagonists.
    See you in hell.

Comment

• Thread-ending post incoming:

&

'hanks for reading.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
        Thread-ending post incoming:

&

'hanks for reading.
        <3 Officially the only true couple in the entire series.

Thread is over. Everyone go home.
        sigpic
        Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
          <3 Officially the only true couple in the entire series.

Thread is over. Everyone go home.
          Haha, god I'm such an idiot. Agreed, that's all she wrote. Of course, you always have Barry and Kathy Burton as well
          Last edited by REmaster; 04-16-2009, 02:45 AM.
          "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
          Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

• There I am, painstakingly going to great lengths to elaborate on the relationship between Chris and Sheva and then you two troglodytes come galavanting in here with your Birkin pictures and premature thread lock demands!

I won't go home at all, I don't have a home to go to.
            See you in hell.

Comment

• Good effort Spencer, I believe in your theories.
              "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."

Comment

• Subscribe to my newsletter!
                See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                  There I am, painstakingly going to great lengths to elaborate on the relationship between Chris and Sheva and then you two troglodytes come galavanting in here with your Birkin pictures and premature thread lock demands!

I won't go home at all, I don't have a home to go to.
                  XD Cry more. I was tired and ready for bed...and didn't feel like posting much. Chris/Sheva is cute, but Annette and her crazy husbando are lovely. Barry's wife is awesome too, though...she doesn't exactly have any personality aside from a concerned look in a single image. Which is very sad. Barry married her so she must be awesome.
                  sigpic
                  Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

• Yeah, in the few minutes that Leon and Claire interacted prior to being separated in RE2, Claire was able to not only tell Leon (simply that she was searching for her brother), but she was also able to provide him with pictures of Chris, samples of Chris's DNA, and a list of Chris's favorite snacks.

But please, continue.

Well after the events of RE1 , chris did make headlines and appear on TV ( shown in chris ending of original re1 playstation ,1996 ) and that would obviously have kept leon informed of who chris is , even before he reaches chris desk or looks at that picture(which is obviously NOT chris) on Jill's desk

Please indicate where the viral ad is deemed canonical.
                    It may or might not be canonical but capcom are hinting at something . Its not like chris is dating his own sibling claire , that would be retarded

Yes, there I have it. Thanks so much for sharing.
                    Well have it your way and we'll soon see in future episode if they would ever jump into bed as you gamble on , when in reality there are nothing more than an overhyped and fictious fan-made "couple"

Well, seeing as this thread is pretty much based on the "potential" for certain pairings being a couple, and no actual confirmation for any of the RE people to actually be involved...I'd say ChrisxJill have the most "potential" to be more than partners than any of the others mentioned in the thread.
                    I'd say the Carlos -Jill pairing is stronger than chris-jill .
                    In Re3, Jill and Carlos got quite close. In Remake, you have this one hug scene and sleep on the shoulder ( which could be because she is tired), nothing else.

That was good enough but when she lets another man touch her face,

and one thinks she must've also developed strong feelings for that man too. In other words, she's not with Chris anymore,
                    if she was, she must've kung-fu's Carlos's neck for dare touching a member of STARS like that.

And Jill Breaks down emotionally hard outside the gas station when she thinks that carlos is dead And Outside the ClockTower, when Jill is infected by the NE-T virus Nemesis plants in her, Carlos shows the same emotions. Goes of his way to help her, has lines like 'Don't Die on Me' and 'Don't worry, i'll take care of you' as below

The word "DONT DIE ON ME " are very common romantic words and lyrics and to further complement that there is a strong romantic art in the end of the game,

Well as far as romance is concerned ,I'd say carlos has the upper hand and chris has an upper hand only in working together with her professionally.There is nothing else going on between them
                    Last edited by Hellwarrior; 04-16-2009, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• ^Anyone know where to get the epilogue/ending screens without text to save me some photoshop trouble?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hellwarrior View Post

Well as far as romance is concerned ,I'd say carlos has the upper hand and chris has an upper hand only in working together with her professionally.There is nothing else going on between them
                        Upper hand indeed. And Carlos becomes such a staple in Jill's life, so much so that she follows him around the world, documenting his every action in her diary. And let's not forget that Carlos is featured in more games where he too is searching for Jill, despite thinking she's dead. Definitely has a one up on Chris. No doubt.
                        sigpic
                        Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Upper hand indeed. And Carlos becomes such a staple in Jill's life, so much so that she follows him around the world, documenting his every action in her diary. And let's not forget that Carlos is featured in more games where he too is searching for Jill, despite thinking she's dead. Definitely has a one up on Chris. No doubt.
                          Ya know, thinking about some more Chris and Jill interaction, I found a few things:

- REmake had the chance to completely remove any hint of a romance between Chris and Jill by taking out their hug and Jill leaning her head meaningfully on Chris's shoulder...but it stayed there.
                          - In Jill's scenario where Chris dies, Barry says something along the lines of "I'm sorry" and Jill says something like "No...I know he's still alive." Who could they have been talking about?

Again, there is nothing CONCRETE about any of this...all we have is assumptions and allusions. The only true couple in RE history is of course, William and Annette Birkin. But yeah, Carlos x Jill FOREVER, bro.

...this thread is starting to wear thin.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                            Ya know, thinking about some more Chris and Jill interaction, I found a few things:

- REmake had the chance to completely remove any hint of a romance between Chris and Jill by taking out their hug and Jill leaning her head meaningfully on Chris's shoulder...but it stayed there.
                            - In Jill's scenario where Chris dies, Barry says something along the lines of "I'm sorry" and Jill says something like "No...I know he's still alive." Who could they have been talking about?
                            Originally posted by blaze View Post
                            Capcom also placed a few little physical shows of affection between Chris and Jill. RE1/REmake, they hugged or held hands when they saved each other (depending on how the player chose to save the other). At the end of RE1, Jill places a hand on Chris thigh, which he then grabs and holds.

NONE of these little things were necessary, or really conducive to the plot. But they were placed in there anyways, and they did stand out. If all of that was just "buddies comforting each other", then everyone should've had a big 'ole group hug on the helicopter ride home; or Barry should've comforted Jill in the scenario where Chris dies, and Rebecca should've held hands with Chris where Jill dies.

Obviously there was something unique about Chris/Jill's relationship that made Capcom reserve such gestures for JUST the two.
                            I concur. Just in an unnecessarily long winded way xD

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                            The only true couple in RE history is of course, William and Annette Birkin. But yeah, Carlos x Jill FOREVER, bro.
                            JARLOS FTW. dey r oviusly destind 4 each other

Comment

• "I won't go home at all, I don't have a home to go to."

That's what homeless shelters are for.
                              ___

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                                But yeah, Carlos x Jill FOREVER, bro.
                                Originally posted by blaze View Post
                                JARLOS FTW. dey r oviusly destind 4 each other
                                Haha...sadly, I don't think "hellwarrior" will know that you all are actually mocking him/her.

Anyway, "hellwarrior," so...who is Jill with, exactly? First you are adamant that she has a boyfriend in RC (supposedly pictured on her desk), and now it is Carlos that is her soulmate, even though he slipped into the "unimportant RE character" void along with Billy, Ashley, etc. Next you're going to tell us all that Wesker & Jill are actually lovers? Maybe even Barry & Jill? Why not Jill & Brad Vickers?

It's funny that in your posts you scoff at ChrisxJill pairings as "fan-concocted fantasies," yet here you are suggesting multiple JillxAnyone-besides-Chris pairings. But of course your suggestions are not "fan-made speculation" AT ALL.

EDIT: Vogue_Dirge, you asked me about the Takeuchi comment about ChrisxJill. It was from the Capcom Unity interview awhile back. Blaze referenced it on page 2 of this thread. Here is the post again: http://www.the-horror.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=23

Maybe "hellwarrior" can read that and come up with some sort of inane rebuttal toward the producer of RE5 who also happened to develop the characters back in 1996 for RE1. But, what does JT (that's Jun Takeuchi, not Justin Timberlake) know? Even JT cannot deny the awesome power of CarlosxJill!!!!! BTW, I haven't played RE3 in awhile, but doesn't Jill get irritated by Carlos's immature pick-up line, AND smack him around when he's losing it? But yeah, must be love.

And CR29 was totally right on when he said this thread is getting stale...
                                Last edited by Jill's Boob; 04-16-2009, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X