No announcement yet.

RE games need REmakes for nex-gen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I want a CV remake because it needs a remake. RE3 doesn't. The only way CVX was superior is because it was 3D and graphically it was better too. Saying that though, we get REmake which came out later on, and that had gone back to pre-rendered backgrounds; so really, CVX didn't evolve in gameplay in any way at all, as a matter of fact, it went back. RE3 had the dodge mechanism and you didn't have to press X to walk up stairs if it didn't require a loading screen. CVX didn't have that and the gameplay was much more archaic. The game was structured in a way that if you didn't prepare for certain events (Steve battle, T-078 Plane battle, Nosferatu, the Claire/Chris swap overs, etc), you were completely screwed and had to replay the WHOLE thing again. CVX had a lot of potential story wise but the gameplay makes it hard to enjoy. With the technology they have today, it could be made into a masterpiece. If any game needs remaking, it's CVX. There were no major issues with RE2 or RE3 and they are good as they are at the minute. There's not much a remake could expand on except graphics, gameplay and perhaps add in a story twist or two.

DSC is far from what I want, it'll probably be a quick skim through of the game to give new fans a quick overview of what happened. It has a lot more potential than that.

Comment

Agreed. Aside from a graphics improvement, RE2 is damn near perfect the way it is. CVX has more gameplay elements that need improving.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill Lover View Post
        Like Rebecca sacrificing herself for someone

Wait, wait... When it was said that Jill "died" somewhere between mission in Russia and RE5, or when someone suggested that Jill should die sacrifacing herself (or just simply die) to push the story forward and to give Chris motivation etc., lots of Jill's fans (you included) bitched about this in "Jill thread". And now here you are, suggesting the very same thing, but this time it's Rebecca that should sacrifice herself, and this time for no real reason - just to add something new to RE3 plot...

Comment

You'll have to resign yourself with DSC as you might get only that from Capcom.
          Anyway, the only thing you'll get from "potential" RECV if it is remade of course, it's a RE4 styled-camera with lots of changes in the plot you just called "wise". It could be worse though. Like I said, I wouldn't mind a RE3 remake, that doesn't change the fact that it can happen or not. It's not up to me, if you ask me.

@spencer - I wasn't supposed to quote you, but you see. Wow, I see you gotta love most of the forums you're in, that's what I call a memory made of gold!. What's the deal if I said that or not? Does it change the fact of something important in people's lives? You like bitching at those you call "fanboys", did anyone ever tell you that?. I'm ok with whatever you say, dude.
          Last edited by Jill Lover; 04-27-2009, 06:08 PM.

Comment

I know it will never happen but RE2, RE3, and RECVX remade for 360 and/or PS3.

I would love to play RE2 all remade *__* not just DSC but the entire game.

And Steve Burnside in high-def in CVX <3

Comment

I would prefer they don't remake anymore games because there is a good chance that they will screw it up. Remake worked because the creaters of the original were limited on what they could do at the time, so they wanted another shot at it. RE 2 and 3 should be left alone, the games are fine as they are and the only thing that would be needed is better graphics. If CV was remade it should be called Resident Evil CV: Redo.

Comment

I could go for some more Carlos and Nemesis in updated graphics. UC made me pants-happy with that. Though RE3 is my baby, so I would be upset if they didn't remake it in the same way they did the REmake, if they ever did. REmake proved that the old style of RE's gameplay can be just dandy for an update.

Comment

Out of all the RE games i think CVX is in desperate need of a Remake, in fact RE2 and RE3 don't need Remakes at all. but CVX does.

but i still want an RE3 Remake a million times more than a CVX Remake. an RE2 Remake would be awesome as well.

Comment

I honestly do not think CVX needs a remake. I understand that many dynamics of the game are completely backwards to that of RE2 and RE3, but I love it for what it is, and I'd prefer Capcom never touch it. I feel the same way about RE2 and RE3--I DO NOT want remakes for those. Yes, the idea of having RE2 remade does excite me on some occasional level, but that excitement is purely based off what I love about REmake, which is amazing. I don't have faith in Capcom to ever do another remake properly again, and it's honestly better, in my opinion, for them to leave all the past games alone at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by zomBD View Post
                      Outbreak 3 would rock. With the online infrastructure and graphics we have now, would be almost perfect. But that's just a wet dream. Capcom is not that smart.
                      Nah,they are smart. But don't forget its not that easy to make a game.
                      You have a budget you need to stick to, you have to pay the development team, you have to pay 3rd party teams (say...a hollywood composer for music) you also have to pitch the idea before you get the go ahead..OH! dont forget motion capture technology and all that.

Now, i would like to see a re3 remake if they ever do another. I reckon most care should be put into the nemesis and maybe make him more smarter (like...say if jill fired the grenade gun, Nemesis would be smart enough to dodge the projectile)
                      I'm a graphics whore, so if they stick it on blue ray in 1080 HD...that will do for me.
                      Last edited by Andyfer_Ruu; 04-28-2009, 05:31 AM.

Comment

i agree with darlin, combine RE2 and 3 in some way that the so the characters dont intertwine too much but so they help each other indirectly, um and yea id like to see an up to date version of nemisis too, i think he'd be everywhere at all times through every wall...

omg... could you imagine trying to beat a g-birkin monstor that is like the one in degeneration.... i'd be scared sh**less....
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X