No announcement yet.

Dark Biohazard Website Officially Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...you really need to ask why Umbrella, an evil corporation that's all about the human experiments, might have some kids in one of there labs? It's probably something along the lines of seeing how they react and mutate compared to adults due to there different physiology and body chemistry.

Or possibly just to see what happens. This is Umbrella, after all. They thought Waste Disposal Wedensday (with real bio-hazard waste!) would be a good way to make the employees happy. It caused 48 outbreaks world wide.

Comment

Well, I seem to recall that RE1 and RE2 use very different systems. It's certainly not a case of simply dumping the RE1 files into RE2 and expecting them to work. I may be wrong (I know nothing about the technical issues of these things) but I think what's been done is they have taken, and in some cases edited, the RE1 background skins but had to build the room information such as the wall limit, door placement information, items and such from the ground up.

Which is incredibly hard to do, or so I understand. Dominion and c2keo are apparently the only ones to have managed it so far. And given that this is two guys, working in there spare time, compared to Capcom's team of trained monkeys it's pretty cool. At least to my mind. But then, I'm not exactly Mr Unbiased here.
      RE1 and RE2 use pretty much the same, yet slightly modified game engine. RE2 has a few updates/tweaks to script files (files inside RDTs that determine 'what happens'), but other than that, just the file structures are different. Oh, and the backgrounds are of different formats, as well.

With that said, nothing has to be 'built from the ground up', it all can simply be converted using the right tools/methods. In this case, however, they do have to make their own item and enemy xyz-pos placements, for originality. Plus, not to mention the DB-exclusive rooms...

And no, Dominion and c2keo weren't the first to accomplish cross-game data, they're simply the first ones to actually have time (aside from a real life) to develop a mod of this caliber. And according to Enrico, they're not the first to make zombified children, either.

...still, it will be nice if Dominion actually releases this.
      Last edited by MeganGrass; 11-03-2009, 08:31 AM.
      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Stu View Post
        In the grand scheme of things, what from this trailer makes you think that? Essentially it's 90% ripped from the original game, a few new skins and a couple of AI tweaks. It's not that "awesome" a display of commitment really.
        In opinion it is. RE2 is my favorite RE game. The story sounds good, he is putting in a lot of personal effort, and even though most of it is ripped or what not, the things he is doing himself must still take a considerable amount skill to do so. Ripped or remade, he is obviously doing it out of passion, and that to me, falls under "awesome".

I don't mean to come off sounding rude if it seemed that way

Comment

Nah not at all, in fact i'm happy you didn't think my post was rude either haha

Comment

haha it was all good man

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
              RE1 and RE2 use pretty much the same, yet slightly modified game engine. RE2 has a few updates/tweaks to script files (files inside RDTs that determine 'what happens'), but other than that, just the file structures are different. Oh, and the backgrounds are of different formats, as well.

With that said, nothing has to be 'built from the ground up', it all can simply be converted using the right tools/methods. In this case, however, they do have to make their own item and enemy xyz-pos placements, for originality. Plus, not to mention the DB-exclusive rooms...

And no, Dominion and c2keo weren't the first to accomplish cross-game data, they're simply the first ones to actually have time (aside from a real life) to develop a mod of this caliber. And according to Enrico, they're not the first to make zombified children, either.

...still, it will be nice if Dominion actually releases this.
              I know Enrico has managed some fun stuff as well, especially with characters, but as far as I know this is the first time someone's essentially been able to move through the mansion using RE2's slightly better engine. Unless I'm missing something horribly? And for some reason I don't remember zombie children, either, but my memories been pretty well cooked. I tend to forget a lot of stuff from my teens.

As to the rest...my bad. One of these days I'll know thus techical stuff, but that would involve patience on my part.

Also, Stu will be pleased to know that the numbers of enemies are a dramatic effect thing...look at the 'Umbrella Factor' video for a better idea of typical gameplay.

Comment

i hope that in the re1 mansion youll enconter zombified stars members.

p.s. did wesker died and this time stay dead?

Comment

Well its nice to see a new trailer and a whole team of people working on it, sound techies and what not.

I can't remember if my Zombie children made it past getting sent to Cuel (of Project Safehouse) as I used to send him tons of junk and it'd never get released (been 8 years since I last looked at my zombie children, they look aweful).

Eagery awaiting a new Resident Evil to play. The newer games have left me a little unfulfilled.

Comment

As to the rest...my bad. One of these days I'll know thus techical stuff, but that would involve patience on my part.
                    Why apologize? If I hadn't 'jumped into the rabbit hole' years ago, I wouldn't give two shits about the tech stuff, either. ;P
                    I'm a blackstar.

Comment

I have no idea why I appologize. It doesn't fit with my image as a deranged maniac who does random crap.

...oh wait. Deranged. I also have terrible mental images of Robbie the Rabbit now.

I know I never saw the zombie children. You got any images of those Enrico?

Comment

lol I have 3 different zombies in a room. Usually RE2 falls over if I do that

As you can see not the best in the world (wasn't bad for me back in december 2001). More than likely I sent them to Cuel, who didn't get around to releasing them.

What I can hypothesise from the video is that Dominions Zombie Children look as if they are using a shrunken Female Zombie opposed to the sherry zombie I used.

Comment

I thought those kids were just naked female zombies. When the subtitle came up about killing children, I burst out laughing. Totally doesn't look right to me.

Also seems weird that there are children in the Arklay lab now. Has it been reinhabited and reinfected since the first incident? I doubt so seeing as there are crimson heads now, which I'm guessing are based on the zombies left from the first game, and Umbrella never even cleaned up the blood stains from what I presume was the S.T.A.R.S. members deaths. And it's not like the S.T.A.R.S. failing there mission would have mattered for Raccoon. The city ignored them when they came back, and the city still got infected.

I also can’t help but feel that this will be an impossibly unplayably unbalanced mod. I get that he could just be mass spawning enemies in areas to show off for a trailer, but if not, then holy shit. Even the most hardcore of Resident Evil players will have trouble with this.

That all being said, I like that he seems to be adding elements of Biohazard Dash and 1.5 into this, and I like what he’s attempting to do with the story. And he seems to be adding a scary amount of content to this, and it looks pretty damn professional. Plus, let’s not forget the most important point, it’s fresh classic RE style gameplay. Hot mothereffin’ damn! Ef motherflippin’ yeah!

Comment

There is an explanation to the children and why they're in Arklay. Can't say exactly what, but they have a good reason to be there taken from the games canon, so...

And yeah, the numbers of zombies and Crimson Heads on screen in the last couple of trailers aren't going to be the normal ammount. It's like the vast wave of Majini in the early RE5 vidoes, so huge it blocks whole streets...dramatic effect, essentially. You're not going to fight those numbers often, or possibly at all.

And those zombie kids look pretty good Enrico. Thanks.
                            Last edited by Darkmoon; 11-04-2009, 04:46 AM.

Comment

And those zombie kids look pretty good Enrico. Thanks.
                              lol they are terrible, well by my standards now.

Not to sound negative but I think zombie children should really be clothed. Nudity and "zombie" child killing may be a little ott. Wasn't the reason children didn't become zombies because they usually got mauled beyond the T's ability to revive? I can easily think of several reasons why there would be children in the mansion, for example, umbrella employees knowing about the facility and thinking it'd be a safe haven and taken their children, to Raccoon Scouts being in the forest.

Those swarms will be a killer if left as is. I might have to hack a good old infinate magnum to finish it if they stay like that :p.

Comment

That you revisit the mansion and other areas of the first game is just ace imho.

That the hall of the original mansion is a bit darker because of less illumination gives the place a denser atmosphere and makes it just a little bit scarier. I like the idea.

That the original music is used is good in my opinion as well.

That not only the mansion but the garden and the guardhouse are overrun by a huuuge amount of crimson heads... is just utter brilliance... or madness.

I mean wtf? Even if you have a shotgun it seems that you are still screwed.
                                If the other creatures you encounter come in equal numbers, the term "survival horror" is definitely redefined.

I always imagined what it would be like if the wall near the grandfathers clock in the dining room bursts open and 20 or so tyrants emerge from the hole. Sure, crimson heads are no tyrants, but this looks quite challenging if not close to unfair nonetheless

Oooooh I can't wait for this.

And because of what you encounter in the lab...
                                That was one kind of enemy I didn't expect for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X