Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Darkside Chronicles Character Discussion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
    This can be explained by saying Alexia went into reclusiveness in April, as she is also "dead" by that time in the eyes of everyone else, hence why Alfred becomes the family master.
    Well, yes, of course (@Alexia being presumed "dead"). That's why I suggested it could've been a rushed/instant move to put Alfred on top, as there were (officially) no more Ashfords around by *sometime* in April (I dunno how they "faked" Alexia's death, but I suppose she might've just as well "vanished" before she was even put into cryo-stasis)

Anyway, additional questions on my end would be:

1) What are the circumstances of her being awakened?
    -Alfred (dying) walking into her chamber and then she wakes up... is at least a tad bit too convenient and "perfect" as far as narratives goes. Though, Alfred might've woken her up somehow ('cause of the circumstances, possibly also prematurely. Not good to say whether her mental age of approx. 12 years, her nutjob status, or the virus makes here act like such a... monster)

and

2) Why is it assumed (in Archives and/or elsewhere) that she went into cryo-stasis on the 27th (of December 1983)?
    -Is this entirely based on something like the 15 years comment in Alfred's diary? "12-28-1998 - (11x365+4x366) = 12-27-1983" (or whatever)

Anyway, I'm at least fairly certain that Capcom/Cavia are on top of their game as far as the timeline and events goes for things while working on Darkside Chronicles. I suspect they've not only had to do their fair share of paperwork before starting story adjustment for it, but also have had to play through (and study) the respective original versions of the relevant games too (+evt. had some sort of limited access to various material from the development of them too)

Comment

• Well let's hope that the guy that wrote the script for DSC (Mr. Suga) knows all about these issues.
      Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Prime Blue
        Fun fact: Sugimura was one of the people responsible for the African origin of the Progenitor Virus.
        Wait, where does this come from ? When Takeuchi said something along the lines "we had to set the action in Africa because that's where Progenitor comes form, as stated in Code Veronica", I had no idea what he was talking about, because it just wasn't said at all in the game !

Comment

• Originally posted by Sly View Post
          Wait, where does this come from ? When Takeuchi said something along the lines "we had to set the action in Africa because that's where Progenitor comes form, as stated in Code Veronica", I had no idea what he was talking about, because it just wasn't said at all in the game !

I"m not 100% positive, but I think Code Veronica passingly mentioned that the "mother virus" was found in Africa. Also, in RE0, there might be a file on it, and Billy Coen kinda hints that he knew something about a connection between the "mother virus" and Africa(not that he comes out and says such). . .possibly anyways. Capcom never did pick back up on that.
          sigpic

Comment

• The mother virus = progenitor virus

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Rod View Post
              The mother virus = progenitor virus
              Oh, I know. I was just using that term instead of "progenitor." lol
              sigpic

Comment

• Since the Twitter topic has been seemingly eternally bumped to the second page, I figured I'd post this here.

Leon seems to be tweeting about his South America mission:

This time, the fight has brought me south to yet another out-of-the-way place.

It seems like these threats always surface in places forgotten and overlooked.

Why must something horrid like this happen before we pay attention to these people?

But now I'm here, ready to face the same fears as I faced that first night in Raccoon City almost five years ago.

Last edited by Vector; 09-05-2009, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• Nice, then if there are almost 5 years between the Raccoon incident and the south american mission, then Umbrella has been already dismantled. I'm liking this twiter thing more and more.

Comment

• I smell a worse discrepancy here than the video one...Krauser specifically tells Leon he "died in the crash 2 years ago, is that what they told you?"

How does that make any sense if Leon's saying it's been almost five years since RE2 rather than four. Unless he means something like Jan 2003, then it would loosely be 2 years prior to RE4 that way.

Honestly, I'm surprised no else has caught this.
                    A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

• I should never have let Claire go to find Chris on her own after Raccoon City. But I did.

wow just wow
                      Spoiler:

Comment

• Darkside Chronicles = Umbrella Chronicles

All the "behind the scenes" is canon. The rest is just re-interpretation adapted to fit gameplay, IMO.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• I smell a worse discrepancy here than the video one...Krauser specifically tells Leon he "died in the crash 2 years ago, is that what they told you?"
                          The keyword is "almost". Which would mean that it is set in the latter months of 2002.
                          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• http://twitter.com/Steve_Darkside Steve twitter:
                            1. Explosions! I got knocked to the ground.

2. I'm only 17. I can't die here in this hole.

3. Trapped, in a cell. All because of my father's failings.
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Last edited by Dark_Chris; 09-07-2009, 06:18 AM.
                              Spoiler:

Comment

• Personally, I don't see the point in Steve having a Twitter...I guess since he is a playable character that has something to do with it. Watch him "tweet" as he's dying. Oh god...

I just hope they don't give anyone else one, especially Krauser. As interesting as I think it would be to hear Krauser's thoughts on the situation, I really, really want to be completely surprised by him and the new chapter.
                                sigpic
                                Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Working...
                                X