Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carnivol
    replied
    Mind posting that timeline? (Scanz pl0x) Since it's supposedly gonna blow my mind or something. Not some (Colvin?) translation of the Umbrella Chronicles version, but the "Kaitaishinsho" version. Transcript is fine too, assuming it's not been tampered with.

Also, I see no mention of the dates you're talking about in the files you're telling me to look at, so please do link me to those too. Of course a few omissions might've happened between English and Japanese text - A quick sample of that would be the Researcher's Will in Resident Evil 1, but seeing as you've already concluded your research, I guess you already didn't know that.

Leave a comment:

• News Bot
    replied
    Supplemental material - Incorrectly assuming and making up shit to fill in the gaps.
    How about no. Unless you think developers are... making up shit... for their own game...

PS. The History of Resident Evil timeline (as well as every other timeline found in every other piece of material such as the one used in Zero material and Umbrella Chronicles) is based on the timeline found in the CODE: Veronica Kaitaishinsho guide. Pg 219 and 220. That was the first full timeline Capcom published, and is the most correct even after all these years.

Also, it is not completely unknown for Capcom to fuck up the dates in the English versions of their games. Which they have done twice now with both CODE: Veronica and Darkside Chronicles, not to mention Zero having its fair few mistakes. Notice how they still use March 1982 as the date for Alexander's death in the Archives section yet use post- December 25th 1983 on the video he appears? Nothing short of retardation, and both are still completely wrong.

Since the Kaitaishinsho timeline makes the most sense, I'm inclined to go with it.

EDIT: I wonder if supplemental material raped your family or something. What's your vendetta with it? Do you consider Dot50Cal's translation of Biohazard 4 Incubate to be complete tripeling bullshit as well? You can't pick and choose.
    Last edited by News Bot; 12-28-2009, 11:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Carnivol
    replied
    By comparing a few things, the deal still seems to be;

Code: Veronica - Perfectly correct on the timeline of the events (unless there is any perfectly good and backup reason to believe the Butler's Letter is written almost a year in advance of the events of CV)

Supplemental material - Incorrectly assuming and making up shit to fill in the gaps.

Resident Evil 5 - History of Resident Evil lifting material from some old timeline (which amongst others was used on Umbrella Chronicles' Japanese site), but with the most glaring mistakes conveniently edited out (such as the part about a 12 year old Alfred becoming head of family in April 1982... woops... so much for supplemental material)

Darkside Chronicles - Setting things straight again, ignoring the cock ups in the supplemental material and the History of Resident Evil timeline.

Also, based on some of the translations you've presented in the past, the origin of some of them (according to certain people) and through some quick comparing, you don't seem to've done a very thorough job as far as comparing Japanese to English goes... more like just hiding behind the Japanese as not many are capable of actually verifying your statements if you say "it's from the Japanese"

Leave a comment:

• News Bot
    replied
    Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
    The thought of the supplemental material being wrong never seems to strike anyone, does it?

Even after I spent 5 precious minutes of my time earlier this year (September, iirc) doing all the necessary research for making a quick writeup to show how the games make perfect sense on everything regarding the Ashfords, with various supplemental material kuking up things by simply and blindly taking things so literal that they assume shit in Code: Veronica happens EXACTLY (on the hour) 15 years post-events (while at the same time adding some typos! Love typos!). There is no reason to entertain the idea of the games being wrong for even for a minute, unless there's reason to believe the Butler's Letter was written in 1997 and not late '98, pre-CV events.
    The localized English versions of the games are the ones which are wrong most of the time, while the Japanese versions and additional Japanese supplemental material, due to being licensed and written by the developers directly, contain little to no mistakes.

And yes, CV does take place exactly 15 years after Alexia goes into hibernation. Wesker attacks Rockfort Island because he KNOWS this and thats where he thought she was reawakening.

Leave a comment:

• Zombie Fred
    replied
    Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
    The thought of the supplemental material being wrong never seems to strike anyone, does it?
    It could be anything really as the only evidence regarded with Alexander's death and other typos are open up in the air, considering Code Veronica and Dark Side Chronicles are wrong, and then the time line in Resident Evil 5 says otherwise, it's definitely a brain fuck. My opinion on this is to subject your own feeling regarding the issue and think what is best to how it's correct. My opinion is that in the story that his death could of been misleading during his work with the Veronica project, and that Alfred and Alexia, or perhaps another, set up his "death" so no one would notice, even with the information from the games having several facts that contradict/recon each other. It's always fun to go with your own ideas and theories for a game because it makes it much more fun!

Leave a comment:

• Carnivol
    replied
    Originally posted by News Bot View Post
    I noticed that the other day as well. Essentially, both Darkside Chronicles and Code: Veronica are wrong.

Even after I spent 5 precious minutes of my time earlier this year (September, iirc) doing all the necessary research for making a quick writeup to show how the games make perfect sense on everything regarding the Ashfords, with various supplemental material kuking up things by simply and blindly taking things so literal that they assume shit in Code: Veronica happens EXACTLY (on the hour) 15 years post-events (while at the same time adding some typos! Love typos!). There is no reason to entertain the idea of the games being wrong for even for a minute, unless there's reason to believe the Butler's Letter was written in 1997 and not late '98, pre-CV events.

Leave a comment:

• Darkmoon
    replied
    Originally posted by Becky's Butt View Post
    Except he said he didn't know how to get rid of Krauser.
    Sorry but if I can control a guy at will, I know how to get rid of him.
    Well, technically speaking he said, "To tell you the truth, I was contemplating how to get rid of him. But thanks to you, that's no longer necessary." Which doesn't really suggest he was concerned with how to get rid of him. It seems more like he's considering options. And he'd still want rid of Krauser because he hates America. Even if he has control over Krauser, we don't know how much, and Krasuer may have enough free will to ignore orders to go jump in the spike pit. On the other hand, I suppose it's possible for the paranoid and delusional person to give someone he doesn't trust but absolutely needs additional strength, speed and skill without adding a layer of control...even though he can.

I mean, Saddler wasn't the brigtest tool in the shed, but we know now that he Krauser had Las Plagas thanks to News Bot's translation. I find it unlikely he'd give Krauser a complete and free reign.

Originally posted by Becky's Butt View Post
    I'm sorry but nothing makes sense in your theory. At least as far as I can see.

Two years before RE4, Krauser comes to admire and want the power of Umbrella's viruses. To get this, he seeks out Wesker.
    ...only he NEVER gets what he wants. Two years and he never got the strength he was looking for in teh first place.

So RE4 comes along. Krauser, who is fanatically loyal to Wesker, decides to let a parasite in his body tha twill give the guy he's trying to sabotage control over his mind.

His desire for the power of Umbrella's viruses, his loyalty to Wesker, all is rendered null and void in your theory.
    No. He goes two years working for Wesker on the promise of getting his arm fully repaired, doing whatever work he wants. Finally, probably six or so months before the start of RE4 (I somehow doubt Krauser has been there a week or two) Wesker give's him a mission - Go and find out about Plagas. Join the cult and find out. They're looking for someone with Krauser's special skills and he has the perfect in, an old soldier who wants his damaged arm restored. Las Plagas can make it happen. That will give the cult a reason to believe Krauser. That will repay Krasuer. And it will give Wesker what he wants. Sure, Krauser may get killed, but sometimes you loose pawns to get another piece into position...

Leave a comment:

• News Bot
    replied
    Krauser's arm was fucked up and he grew to admire the power of Umbrella's viruses. So he went looking for Wesker to get this power.
    Only he NEVER got it. Two years and he never got what he so desperately wanted.

That is, he doesn't get it until he defies his fanatical loyalties to Wesker in exchange for Las Plagas which he knows will give the guy he's trying to sabotage full control over his mind.

Do yous see why NONE of this makes sense?
    Krauser's arm wasn't seriously injured and rendered un-usable or whatever. He was kicked out because Special Forces like SOCOM tend to kick out their operatives for so much as a case of ticks.

It makes perfect sense, you're just reading into it too deep.

Oh not this shit again. You took what Saddler said the wrong way. Saddler has a fucking army and a tentacle penis. He knew exactly how he could get rid of Krauser, but was contemplating "how" because he:

1) Never gave a shit
    2) Couldn't decide whether to sik his army on Saddler or penetrate him with his penis or whatever other crazy methods
    Last edited by News Bot; 12-28-2009, 12:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Becky's Butt
    replied
    Well, he certainly trusted Leon and Ashley. He didn't intend to use the Plagas to force Leon to become his personal bodyguard nor have Ashley infect her father.

...yeah. It makes a lot more sense that Krasuer was somehow under his control. This doesn't mean he couldn't have more free will than those two, of course, since he would likely have needed it for his missions, but it's possible that he could still control Krasuer directly. That doesn't mean he trusted him...if had to control him directly than Krasuer could still betray him when out of his sight, such as communicating with Wesker.
    Sorry but if I can control a guy at will, I know how to get rid of him.

Or, as has been suggested, the injury is a way that Krasuer gets recruited by Wesker. Or his way into the Las Plagas cult...give me back the use of my arm and I'll do whatever you want.
    I'm sorry but nothing makes sense in your theory. At least as far as I can see.

Two years before RE4, Krauser comes to admire and want the power of Umbrella's viruses. To get this, he seeks out Wesker.
    ...only he NEVER gets what he wants. Two years and he never got the strength he was looking for in teh first place.

So RE4 comes along. Krauser, who is fanatically loyal to Wesker, decides to let a parasite in his body tha twill give the guy he's trying to sabotage control over his mind.

His desire for the power of Umbrella's viruses, his loyalty to Wesker, all is rendered null and void in your theory.
    Last edited by Becky's Butt; 12-28-2009, 12:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kei_M
    replied
    Originally posted by Ray View Post
    Just wondering, are any new elements from DSC-RE2 or DSC-RE/CVx going to be implemented into canon? Because I thought that the explanation on the linear launcher from DSC-RE/CVx was actually done really well (other than the f-d up date on Alexander's video).

Oh, and ahFishnChips, I don't think you should state your opinion in such a troll-like way. But then again, it IS in a troll-like way.

It's hard to tell what has been added to canon until it's referred to again in games or like...official guide books.

Makes me wonder if we get a RE2 remake, how much would change to match DSC's RE2....

ALSO. I just heard Lisa Jai(Yamanaka)'s demo reel, her voice didn't change THAT much she could have totally reprised the role of Sherry...though admittedly, Laura Bailey was amazing.
    Last edited by Kei_M; 12-27-2009, 09:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ray
    replied
    ^ Thanks for the info, News Bot! Now to get my hands on those Kaitaishinsho guides... sorry for asking, but what are Kaitaishinsho guides?

Leave a comment:

• News Bot
    replied
    Just wondering, are any new elements from DSC-RE2 or DSC-RE/CVx going to be implemented into canon? Because I thought that the explanation on the linear launcher from DSC-RE/CVx was actually done really well (other than the f-d up date on Alexander's video).
    I'm pretty sure the Kaitaishinsho guide already mentioned the linear launcher being developed by Alexander.

A lot of what we call "new" now is actually from 1999.

Leave a comment:

• Ray
    replied

Oh, and ahFishnChips, I don't think you should state your opinion in such a troll-like way. But then again, it IS in a troll-like way.
    Last edited by Ray; 12-27-2009, 08:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Canas Renvall
    replied
    Rule 14 of the internet, people. That's all I gotta say.

As for both DSC and CVX being wrong... Wow. That's not good.

Leave a comment:

• ahFishnChips
    replied
    this gamw wuz shit, liek all rez games. the hill's the 1 2 play!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X