Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There might be a "new" Jill costume for AE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the file that was found definitely a costume file and not just a voice file or something? Since we do get Jills voice for the chopper in Mercs Reunion and secretly withholding a Jill costume would be even more absurd because then Wesker is the only one left out.
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

It's labelled as costume 3, so technically it's a third costume, but it could very well be a duplicate of BSAA or Battlesuit (what would be the reason, though?). We won't know until we are able to extract what's inside a 360 ARC file (there's people already working on it). In this case the file is named 'uPl02JillCos3.arc'.

Comment

Hmm, well this is just a wild theory with nothing to back it up except exampled use in other games.

I used to play a MMO and often chatted directly with devs when messing around on a test server.

In the main game a few times during scripted events for various things we would discover hidden characters or models of things that were out of place, seeminly doing nothing. I once asked a dev about this and he said they were put all over the place to make the world work and I was just lucky to discover a select few.

It is apparently far easier to copy/paste a 'being' for tracking things and starting events than other methods, hence the existance of them. Apparently is common thing to do in many games.

Anyway, back to RE5. Maybe every map has a hidden (possibly invisible) Jill in place somewhere that the player cannot see, this Jill being used to chat at the start and keep tabs on combos or whatnot, the original Mercs having a hidden Josh doing the same.

Again, all wild theory.
        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Hmmm, do you guys remember those drawings that capcom made that showed what RE5 was originaly going to be? Well wasn't Jill instead of wearing the battlesuit, wearing her BSAA outfit and had blonde hair?
          Maybe if this is her third costume, it's for the main game, and she can wear it instead of her battlesuit...

Comment

Originally posted by ~Alfred Ashford View Post
            Hmmm, do you guys remember those drawings that capcom made that showed what RE5 was originaly going to be? Well wasn't Jill instead of wearing the battlesuit, wearing her BSAA outfit and had blonde hair?
            Maybe if this is her third costume, it's for the main game, and she can wear it instead of her battlesuit...
            Yeah I remember seeing that concept art, looked kinda weird at the time since i'm used to Jill with brown hair and not blonde =_= anyway I kinda did this to prove how easy it is to headhack models:

So If it never happens and that hidden jill file turns out to be nothing I'll make THIA jill fans a Jill BSAA with blonde hair, but as usual i'll hold back until something is confirmed.

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
              Hmm, well this is just a wild theory with nothing to back it up except exampled use in other games.

I used to play a MMO and often chatted directly with devs when messing around on a test server.

In the main game a few times during scripted events for various things we would discover hidden characters or models of things that were out of place, seeminly doing nothing. I once asked a dev about this and he said they were put all over the place to make the world work and I was just lucky to discover a select few.

It is apparently far easier to copy/paste a 'being' for tracking things and starting events than other methods, hence the existance of them. Apparently is common thing to do in many games.

Anyway, back to RE5. Maybe every map has a hidden (possibly invisible) Jill in place somewhere that the player cannot see, this Jill being used to chat at the start and keep tabs on combos or whatnot, the original Mercs having a hidden Josh doing the same.

Again, all wild theory.
              Never heard about that... pretty interesting. That could very well be the reason if this costume turns out to be a duplicate of one of the existing costumes. If it is new, then I have no idea why it would be there!

Comment

I've actually done that before when making games before in Game Maker and RPG Maker, wouldn't be surprised if the industry does it too.
                Infact, there is a PC mod to make Chris invisable, and not able to die or attack, removing his HUD, but he can still help you with commands that need them.
                So, it wouldn't be hard on Capcoms side.

Comment

Working...
                X