Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biohazard 1 Beta,08/04/1995 (read post #100)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• of course its possible to remove the codes on the files.....its possible to share games like this..its all possible..
    let me say it again: in dont want to bother nobody here.i only want to show the community some infos,screens,video,etc...but it seems that some guys dont like my opinion.some guys hates me now,(for example some fucking gays of an russian board),some guys send me mail,thats its better for me if i am dead,because i dont shared this version with them..bla bla bla..but its the best example to see,why most of the other collectors dont show anything about the betas they got..now,ican understand it!thanks to the guys who like what i do,who respect my work..and tho the other guys who hated my now:who cares!!hate me,fuck me and after that eat me!!ha ha

PS:i am now working on a great comparison!!more infos maybe later this day!!
    have a nice day!

EDIT: Its possible,that barry saves chris!!In the final version barry only saves Jill!!

Video:

Last edited by Robert_Kendo; 05-26-2010, 09:21 AM.

Comment

• Be thankful you're not showcasting 1.5, you'd never hear the end of complaints.

EDIT: Oh, also, I'd like to point everyone to this wiki page:

I don't like to make my opinion loud here, because there really is no point, but just take a gander at that there page pleasums.
      Last edited by Gradon; 05-26-2010, 10:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert_Kendo View Post
        EDIT: Its possible,that barry saves chris!!In the final version barry only saves Jill!!

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC6-dlF7umM
        I wasn't expecting this, lol.
        Like, in the Chris death scenes video that you've make, Chris died smashed by the ceiling.
        Have you performed any special action to make Barry appears this time?
        Last edited by Davi Redfield; 05-26-2010, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• after the wall comes down,go to the first door.its not possible to leave..go to the other door..its not possible to leave too.go back to the first door try to open the door and after that barry comes to help you!!

Comment

Possible. But without voice audio or Barry referencing Chris directly in his text, you can't say for sure. What I can read of the JP text, it seems pretty much the same as what Barry says to Jill. This scene is most likely still supposed to be just for Jill, you're just viewing it from Chris's perspective because Jill isn't available to play on this build. At such an earlier stage, these kinds of scenes are probably pretty wonky with the code being unfinalized and buggy.
            sigpic

Comment

• i will post a translation of the text later or next day!!!

Comment

• It's just that most people are not aware of all the stuff going on in the background.
                Unfortunately, you're 110% correct -- which is why we're all in the middle of this mess.

The best thing I can tell you people about this whole situation -- be glad you are recieving the new pics and videos, and you'd better trust me when I say that good stuff like this doesn't come around often.

I've always approached the whole beta stuff with kind of a "can't hurt to ask" loodidoo attitude and asked Mark if I could get these 3.5 TPL files if I don't upload them. The basic digest of the reply I got back was about betraying trusts and suggesting my associates or something to buy it themselves.
                ...which is why I felt our (somewhat brief) friendship came to a sudden halt.

It was really nothing against you, as I explained before, but it 'jes seemed like your attitude got really crappy towards me after I told you "No"... also, it kinda felt like a sneak-attack when you asked, and it was the way you worded yourself (which I won't go into detail).

Eitherway, it's all in the past and i'm glad you now have a better understanding of the whole beta scene.

It felt protectionist, like a wasps' nest, if that's what a few files from a video game can cause, then it's better not to get involved with any of it. There's bad things going on, it all just screams kapitalisticheskij and mafia, it's the even dirtier subscene of a community 99% comprised of very inane, violent and frightening people, handing out death threats for unimportant stuff like that.
                This beta stuff costs time and money... lot's, no, too much of it. So when you finally fall into that circle of people who actually have not only the access, but the desire as well, it's something that you really don't want to chance fucking up by giving out some files or even more extreme, an ISO (eg, what Carnivol said).

-however-

I will agree that it is a "dirty subscene". To be frank, it's just simply not fair that some people get things in life that others don't... but it's just that -- a videogame, so I really don't know where you get this idea of a 'Mafia' and 'deaththreats'. Sure, people take this stuff serious/private, which is quintessential when handling such information, but it's really all in fun. If it isn't, then i'd suppose you really have no business 'there' in the first-place.

Fun and games aside, release of this kinda stuff depends on a few factors of which i'm sure you're all aware of by now. Again, it goes back to the whole 'never messing up a great thing' ordeal. People's trust, money, connections, and multiple instances are involved -- a network of people, if you will -- and if one link in that chain breaks, even the strongest, it could mess things up for good, for everyone in that network. In other words, go easy on Robert_Kendo -- we're lucky this guy has the spirit he has...
                Last edited by MeganGrass; 05-26-2010, 11:17 AM.
                I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• thanks for these friendly words MG...i am pretty sure that i will show more "pics" of this version next day.i am working on it right now,but it takes some time,time i dont have at the moment,because i am very busy..but i spend all the freetime i have to show new stuff..maybe you like it,maybe you dont..we will see tomorrow!!

Edit: here is the transaltion:

Last edited by Robert_Kendo; 05-26-2010, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• The text is pretty much what Barry has always said. "That was dangerous, you were almost a sandwich, etc." It is generic though (no Jill Sandwich) so it could relate to either Chris or Jill. Been a while since I played Biohazard, so this could be the exact same text from retail.

あぶないとこるだったな

もうすこしでサンドイッチに
                    なっちまうとこるだったな!

Its interesting finally seeing this stuff in decent quality, so thanks. I have no deep desire to play it, that video walkthough was good enough for me. Would be interested to see if there are any more text files on the disk though. I could give them the once over.
                    Last edited by MattJon; 05-26-2010, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• To be honest though, when you look at the big picture, it's rather silly to even get offended. There's always gonna be people who are gonna be angry and/or jealous at these kinds of things. It goes beyond beta collecting, into general human nature. Why is anyone really even surprised the kind of reactions? Some are nice, some are not. To expect any different is silly. And most/all of you (should) know that the death threats or wishing these people dead are just over-reactions to angry/jealous emotions. Most of us felt that way about things/people in life that didn't go our way sometimes, especially when we were younger. Obviously we never really mean those feelings. It never really goes away though, you just get more mature about it or you don't. And even then, some people will let it slip over matters that are important to them. There's no precedent as far as I know that anyone's been killed over a video game beta, though.

So really it all comes down to understanding the base intentions. If the intentions are to release what you can and just showcase what you can't, for the overall enjoyment of the community, this incident should not stop it. There are enough people who -do- like it to keep it up, it's just (as almost always is) the case that the loudest voices are usually the negative ones. If the intentions are out of attention and prestige (basically selfish ones) with the overall enjoyment of the community as an important second, then this could be cause to weigh whether the community is more important, or your personal feelings and the attention you get and the best way to avoid the negativity while still catering to both is to release the material you can/want via other non-identifiable methods. If the intention is purely completely selfish with releasing the material to community nothing but or mostly gloat, then this type of person is the most likely to manipulate an incident like this as excuse to hide the gold as the community gloating is likely the secondary intent and negative attention is unwanted.

Over-reactions to over-reactions, basically. Just gotta see where it goes now.
                      Last edited by Alzaire; 05-26-2010, 11:49 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

of course its possible to remove the codes on the files.....its possible to share games like this..its all possible..
                        let me say it again: in dont want to bother nobody here.i only want to show the community some infos,screens,video,etc...but it seems that some guys dont like my opinion.some guys hates me now,(for example some fucking gays of an russian board),some guys send me mail,thats its better for me if i am dead,because i dont shared this version with them..bla bla bla..but its the best example to see,why most of the other collectors dont show anything about the betas they got..now,ican understand it!thanks to the guys who like what i do,who respect my work..and tho the other guys who hated my now:who cares!!hate me,fuck me and after that eat me!!ha ha

PS:i am now working on a great comparison!!more infos maybe later this day!!
                        have a nice day!

Video:

nice find.
                        sigpic
                        www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrass
                          ...which is why I felt our (somewhat brief) friendship came to a sudden halt.

It was really nothing against you, as I explained before, but it 'jes seemed like your attitude got really crappy towards me after I told you "No"... also, it kinda felt like a sneak-attack when you asked, and it was the way you worded yourself (which I won't go into detail).

Eitherway, it's all in the past and i'm glad you now have a better understanding of the whole beta scene.
                          While I wouldn't call any online contacts I've ever had friendships, I was sort of put off after the message I got. I don't think I have the correspondence still, but as I remember it, I asked you about the TPLs after Dot didn't get back to me for some veeeeery old stuff. I didn't think it was that big of a deal and was startled at what I got back, when all I expected was either "sure, here" or "no, sorry". I couldn't help but feel I'm treated like some kind of evil plotter for requesting a combination of zeroes and ones. -_-

Originally posted by MarkGrass
                          I will agree that it is a "dirty subscene". To be frank, it's just simply not fair that some people get things in life that others don't... but it's just that -- a videogame, so I really don't know where you get this idea of a 'Mafia' and 'deaththreats'. Sure, people take this stuff serious/private, which is quintessential when handling such information, but it's really all in fun. If it isn't, then i'd suppose you really have no business 'there' in the first-place.
                          There's people trading stuff to get into certain circles, which seems disturbingly strange from an outside perspective. Also, there were some very, very angry reactions regarding the funny 1.5 puppetry, ranging from genuinely violent to death threats. It's disturbing. It's disturbing, and creepy, and frightening.
                          The story subscene is the only one I'd call myself intricately involved with since it's the one fanbase fraction I'd attribute the most common sense and humanity to (though it really doesn't say much).

Originally posted by Alzaire View Post
                          And most/all of you (should) know that the death threats or wishing these people dead are just over-reactions to angry/jealous emotions.
                          I don't know how the people in this community were raised, but from what I was taught, this isn't a natural way to take when you're jealous of someone.

Comment

• While I wouldn't call any online contacts I've ever had friendships, I was sort of put off after the message I got. I don't think I have the correspondence still, but as I remember it, I asked you about the TPLs after Dot didn't get back to me for some veeeeery old stuff. I didn't think it was that big of a deal and was startled at what I got back, when all I expected was either "sure, here" or "no, sorry". I couldn't help but feel I'm treated like some kind of evil plotter for requesting a combination of zeroes and ones. -_-
                            In my own defense, you caught me off-guard, as I was never expecting you to ask for such material. And I too was 'put off' by your approach. Though I may have acted an ass in response, it wasn't my intention. As i said, it's long in the past and there truely are no hard feelings.

There's people trading stuff to get into certain circles, which seems disturbingly strange from an outside perspective. Also, there were some very, very angry reactions regarding the funny 1.5 puppetry, ranging from genuinely violent to death threats. It's disturbing. It's disturbing, and creepy, and frightening.
                            The story subscene is the only one I'd call myself intricately involved with since it's the one fanbase fraction I'd attribute the most common sense and humanity to (though it really doesn't say much).
                            I wasn't aware that there was any truth to that I didn't pay close attention to the whole curator fiasco, and believed it all to be overstatements/nonsense... scary stuff, indeed.
                            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Sorry to hear that you are getting death threats, unfortunately it just shows how bad some of the community is.

Nice find on the Barry Saves Chris.

Out of interest, the files which contain the Co-Op Chris and Jill, are they over 100kb?

Comment

• the timfiles with the textures are both 65kb

Comment

Working...
                                X