No announcement yet.

Losing interest in the series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• always been excited about resident evil games and i still am today im looking forward to what re 6 will bring us. I hope i truely hope that outbreak file 3 comes or at least a ps3 or pc port of file 1 and 2

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
      Sales =/= Quality

We know that they'll keep making RE games, and that's what sucks, at least to me. A vast majority of the series' fans consider the series pretty much wrapped up and finished after RE5 which attempted to wrap up most major storylines...the game itself, however, is widely considered to be not that great. For me, the only saving grace was co-op...for others, it was what killed it.

Bottom line...RE5 was a commercial success, but as an RE game...not really. In my opinion and many others'.

Agreed.

I enjoyed Resident Evil 5 almost solely because of the co-op and I enjoyed and still enjoy the Versus/Online. It has great re-play value (to me) because of its Online capabilities.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stu View Post
        Whilst i wouldn't say i've lost interest in the series (i still the main entries to be incredibly playable) i would say i've lost interest in the story
        great thread. It's interesting enough to challenge your deepest thoughts and shed light on a subject that maybe we all were experiencing.

But this quote from Stu fits me best. I haven't lost interest in the series, and I doubt I ever will. It's not in me to give up on a franchise that was very huge in my childhood, and also tailoring my zombie loving needs.

The stories have become shitty. I just didn't like anything after 3. 4 was alright, but repetitive after the half way point. 5 was different, but nothing to reminisce about. I believe that someone will wake up at Capcom's head quarter and realize that Resident Evil isn't one of their strong holds anymore. I mean look at Final Fantasy with Square-Enix, it's gone to shits. I look at the games and I'm like wondering where did the Star War's inspiration come from? At least Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine aren't dressed in space suits with ray guns, that would be fu****.

Bottom line is that personally, I can't give up my love for Resident Evil and never will. I'm not too happy about the games coming out, but I tough it out and stay loyal. Remember guys(and girls), not every game can be a block buster or have a good story

Comment

• i've lost my loyalty to capcom when jun takeuchi said that the company needs to tend more to the casual fans than the hardcore fans.i consider it a slap in the face to us hardcore fans.so the way i see it F@%k them.why am i gonna continue supporting a company,if they don't care.
          sigpic
          www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

• I actually agree with Capcom there. The casual fans have more money and there are a lot of them. I simply disagree that you have to completely ignore your hardcore fanbase when pleasing your public masters. There are ways to do both, but Capcom seems to be ignoring the idea as much as they can.

Comment

• I'm glad I left this thread when I did.

Come on Isaac, let's leave these people to discuss a dead series.
              Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 02-15-2011, 01:34 AM.
              See you in hell.

Comment

• I lost interest in video games but still check for new info on re 1.5 even if i never play it i still would like to know the full details. i havent cared much for the series since code veronica but i did like 4 for the village and outbreak is cool but the controls are pretty lame

Comment

• Originally posted by BrionIrons View Post
                  i've lost my loyalty to capcom when jun takeuchi said that the company needs to tend more to the casual fans than the hardcore fans.i consider it a slap in the face to us hardcore fans.so the way i see it F@%k them.why am i gonna continue supporting a company,if they don't care.

Capcom been doing that starting at RE2, are you mad because they admitted it this time?
                  Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

i've lost my loyalty to capcom when jun takeuchi said that the company needs to tend more to the casual fans than the hardcore fans.i consider it a slap in the face to us hardcore fans.so the way i see it F@%k them.why am i gonna continue supporting a company,if they don't care.
                    Quite frankly, they don't need you to be financially successful, so I don't see why they even should care.

Spoiler:

Comment

• no,it didn't start at RE2,it started at RE4.they were never like this until RE4 came out.and yes I was mad when takeuchi made that remark about ignoring us hardcore gamers.who wouldn't be.but now.i can careless because like I said in my previous post.F@%K them.I don't have that same respect that used to have for Capcom.

@ prime blue i have every right to speak my mind.whether you like what I say or not.
                      and to answer your statement.Yes.I think Capcom are incompetent scumbags.that think about money all the time rather than being loyal like the USED to be.

anyway i said what was on my mind and im gonna leave it at that.
                      Last edited by BrionIrons; 02-15-2011, 03:37 PM.
                      sigpic
                      www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

• For myself, my loyalty pretty much depends on the direction they take RE6 in. I'm not too interested in Revelations, not at all interested in the Mercenaries and really hoping the Raccoon city game becomes a reality. I mean other than a game that may or may not happen, a game that's usually included with another game and Revelations, all I really have to look forward to is watching Leon stand akwardly still in the background again in Damnation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6hVkJ2l16M
                        I posted this in the fan collab thread but here it is again. It cheered me up lol.
                        Last edited by REmaster; 02-15-2011, 03:40 PM.
                        "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                        Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

@ prime blue i have every right to speak my mind.whether you like what I say or not.
                          and to answer your statement.Yes.I think Capcom are incompetent scumbags.that think about money all the time rather than being loyal like the USED to be.

anyway i said what was on my mind and im gonna leave it at that.
                          Sure, voice off.
                          At the end of the day, Capcom still owns the IP and can do whatever they want.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prime Blue View Post
                            Sure, voice off.
                            At the end of the day, Capcom still owns the IP and can do whatever they want.
                            They can, but it doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be profitable. It has paid off for them with RE4 and (financially) with RE5 as well. It revamped a stale series and brought a new casual audience to the RE games. However, I strongly believe if they don't make some serious changes to "DmC", then it's going to bomb and they may use it as an excuse to discontinue the franchise. That is a series that didn't need changing and I am still baffled as to why they've taken that direction with the series, and changed the iconic Dante which fans have grown to love. This has made me lose faith in Capcom personally.

How to do a reboot - Tomb Raider.

How to NOT do a reboot - "DmC".

Comment

• Originally posted by REmaster View Post
                              [I'm] really hoping the Raccoon city game becomes a reality.
                              Me too. Like many Resident Evil fans, Raccoon City is my favorite location in the series, and I tire of people saying "the city blew up more than a decade ago, time to move on." The fact of the matter is, for me, the series went progressively downhill once it left Raccoon City (with the exception of Code: Veronica). The locations became more bland and less interesting, and the overall atmosphere (outside of perhaps the village in RE4) just doesn't even compare to that of Raccoon.

The Outbreak games are amongst my favorite RE games for the reason that they let you see so much of Raccoon - a city that in these games was far more realistically designed than in RE2 or RE3. Since Capcom is never going to give us File #3, this Raccoon City game (if it even is in the works) may have the potential to breathe new life into a dying series.
                              Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

• I never went further than playing the RE5 demo. Video games officially ended for me towards the middle lifespin of the PS2 days. After RE: Outbreak, it was all over.

Actually, I felt sort of "worn out" from games as soon as the PS2 was released. Still, my best video game years were playing the Sega Genesis back in the early 90's and I really miss that era. Plugging in the console and attempting to play these old games and systems just doesn't feel the same as it did back when it was fresh and new, sadly.

Sure, I still play Metal Gear Online on the PS3 quite frequently and I'll occasionally pick up a cheap singleplayer story based game to kill some time. But honestly, I'd rather spend majority of my time working on new music or listening to music these days.

My favorite Resident Evil game to date is the very first one, and now that I look at it I honestly wish 1.5 was made as the final version of Resident Evil 2 instead of what we have today. Resident Evil 1 just had this B horror movie atmosphere to it and I'm sure 1.5 has too, which is what I love about the first game.

If I had a time machine I would go back to the year 1989 as the age I am now resetting my memory and enjoy the next 10 years of my life experiencing the glorious days of gaming, music, overall culture and way of life.

Also someone at e3 told me it was the shit back in the days before "next generation" gaming was around. When I went to e3 I didn't pay any attention to the games, only the HOT super model girls and taking photos with them to make my fellow nerd friends jealous. I was such a happy nerd then.
                                Last edited by VirusPunk; 02-16-2011, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X