No announcement yet.

[Hidden-Palace]Biohazard Betas Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes Barry is semi broken he constatly runs or does that kick animation when walking baackwards. You can solve the running by room warping to the dining room.
    What codes are posing a problem for you?
    If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
      Yes Barry is semi broken he constatly runs or does that kick animation when walking baackwards. You can solve the running by room warping to the dining room.
      What codes are posing a problem for you?
      I tried the weapon modifier but not sure how it's supposed to work. I used the knife and changed the values but chris kept doing this weird animation and it had no effect on an enemy...

Comment

• You need to change the weapon values whilst the inventory screen is open otherwise it'll only load up the animation, you can't do this in the (04 August 1995) sample though so just use circle to swap between the available weapons instead.
        Last edited by kevstah2004; 04-05-2011, 09:07 PM.

sigpic

Comment

• Whoa! Excellent find!

...I hope there's as many people interested in hacking/discovery, when Bio Hazard 1.5 gets released.
          I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Got the hang of it now, thanks!

Something I noticed, you know how we were getting those crashes when we warp? That's because at whatever part of the game we happened to be in, Stop Flags were preventing you from moving!

These two flags represent player movement, why both of them, I'm not sure. However, point is, if you ever teleport and your character freezes, it's because one of these flags is preventing you from doing so! I can't say why they end up that way, I don't see why teleporting from one state (i.e. a cutscene) into a different room would result in the allowed behaviour in that room to be different... :/

Found a nice way to exploit things with the stop flags. Normally you're not allowed to move during cut scenes, using stop flags we can, but only with a trick. Checking the two player stop flags isn't enough; I'm not sure why this works, but by checking the blue stop flag, which is the flag that allows us to bring up the Inventory menu, as well as the player flags, we can enter the menu and upon exiting, we can move around (weird, I know).

This took a while to do! Messing on with the game's frame advance feature I managed to do the above before the scene changed. Also the green flag seem to stop the current active portion of the cut scene. Cut scenes seem to play out in small individual pieces, stopping the scene with this flag before the game auto changes the individual piece will indefinately freeze the scene (once this portion of the scene ends) untill we uncheck the flag and allow it to continue. Edit: This seems kind of iffy, some times it works, some times the game will auto change the scene anyway, debug menu seems to continue the scene, also it doesn't reactivate cutscene freezes from the debug menu. Kind of iffy...

What does this text say (the dog text?)? Strange bug with this; clicking on the door brings up this message, I assume says something like "I must go and investigate," and wont let us watch the cutscene with the dogs. But for whatever weird freakish reason, pressing select and bringing up the debug menu will run the FMV. NO IDEA why that is or what messed up piece of code causes that to happen, but yeah.

This build is amazing, and at first I thought it was incredibly buggy, but once you know what's what the amount control you have exceeds anthing I've ever seen from a feature like this. Only thing that's missing is a weapon mugen, but even without that there's so much here it's pretty much irrelevant.

Another thing I noticed is that during cutscenes the game switches the camera view option in the debug menu to manual so the cutscene can control the camera angles instead of the player. Switching it back to auto allows us to move around in cutscenes AND change camera angles, possibly to angles you've never seen in a cutscene before, if you so did wish. However trying to do this brings a lot of problems and you have to muck around with things, try glitching it out and tricking it into working, I'm not sure how far doing this goes.

One thing that's for sure though, is that messing with stop flags screws with the game, some really weird things start happening!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Guest; 04-06-2011, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• Taken from the Birth of Biohazard video. I'm guessing these are decimal values and not hex for the easier BIOHAZARD game, Jill having the lower value and Chris the higher, I can't remember which way around it is, but I think Chris has a bit more health than Jill, 8C = Chris vs 60 = Jill, Jill and Chris's weapons differ in power as well. It'll be interesting to know the damge of every enemy attack, the Hunter only seems to try and perform a leaping decapitation if you health has dropped down to a certain level otherwise it just swipes at you instead and the zombies puke acid at you in certain rooms, normally the two landing staircases.

The Yawn completey owns Tyrant , it didn't show the Neptune or Plant 42 HP values unless I missed it.

Yawn (1st stage) HP 3050
              Yawn (2nd stage) HP 300

Tyrant (1st stage) HP: 220
              Tyrant (2nd stage) HP: 600

Black Tiger HP: 204
              Web Spinner: 89 ~ 119

Chimera HP: 80 ~ 122
              Hunter HP: 79 ~ 111
              Cerberus HP: 59 ~ 119
              Zombie HP: 39 ~ 99
              Wasp HP: 20 ~ 60
              Crow HP: 10 ~ 52

About the STR player I got a wierd bug happen to me when it tried to replay the prologue FMV the mdec glitched and made the fmv appear it heat vision, it looked kinda cool with my 3d specs.
              Last edited by kevstah2004; 04-06-2011, 04:47 AM.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
                Kev, I think I got CEP working, thanks! I got walk through walls to work, although I'm still having a few problems with some things... Do you have a link to all of your codes for this game? Same thing to you Upa?
                I "try" to keep my website up to date with all the cheats I have created,
                but by the amount of codes we're hacking and posting in this thread everyday I don't feel like updating my site after every new post I make...
                The whole AI and Event Modifier stuff is not on my site yet...

At the moment, all my Biohazard Sample cheats are scattered around this thread but I think I'll keep some kind of link list which brings you to the right posts in the future! For now, here's my PSP cheatfile with a bunch of codes for all kinds of PSX RE games, you might want to try that for a good database of codes to try!

I'll create a list of all recent codes sometime this weekend!
                A friend comes to visit today and I don't want to bore him with code hacking stuff he knows nothing about...

@kevstah2004:
                For the Scenario Modifier, I'll try to find it as soon as possible! (Which would be sometime this evening)
                It can't be impossible to find! It might just be in a different location than the usual place because of the debug stuff or whatever else they've changed in this build...

Also about replaying the FMV, I've tried that too!
                There's a certain value which is usually 80 during gameplay, if you mess with it you get weird graphical glitches, collect a shotgun which freezes the game or replay the intro FMV in "heat vision" which also freezes the game!

I can't look for it now, but I remember it being just a few bytes away from the amount of enemies in room modifier I posted earlier!
                This one:

10/04 build:

Amount Of Enemies in Room
                300C000E 00XX

V-Jump build:

Enemy Counter
                300C6012 00XX

It's always the 80 near that address, in every Biohazard game and even in Biohazard 2 & 3!
                Last edited by Upaluppa; 04-06-2011, 08:23 AM.

Comment

• Odd thing is in Rebecca's scenario you can access rooms which should be blocked to her path by displaying a message but you can freely enter the rooms willy nilly

sigpic

Comment

• Think I messed up the images in my last post, fixed them...

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post

外に出るのは危険だ・・・! It is dangerous to go out!

the other one:

ごめんなさい I'm sorry
                      確認したんだけど・・・! I was confirmed! (?!)

Those damn Chinese ones are too difficult to draw, also I don't know if they are correct
                      Last edited by SonicBlue; 04-06-2011, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonicBlue View Post
                        外に出るのは危険だ・・・! It is dangerous to go out!

the other one:

ごめんなさい I'm sorry
                        確認したんだけど・・・! I was confirmed! (?!)

Those damn Chinese ones are too difficult to draw, also I don't know if they are correct
                        Thanks... You get some really strange behaviour messing around with stop flags during cutscenes, I've encountered quite a few major glitches by doing this now, some more interesting than others. One thing though is by doing it you can really screw with the game and make changes that for some reason are irreversable, like invisible character models, animations displaying incorrectly, special effects displaying incorrectly, things like that, none of which to my knowledge can be corrected with flags once it's glitched, resetting the room makes no difference.

Attached Files
                        Last edited by Guest; 04-06-2011, 12:27 PM.

Comment

• You can get some interesting results with this sometimes... Doesn't really mean anything, but it's interesting to see these scenes from another perspective...

Attached Files

Comment

• Pushing bookshelves and stairs.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
                              Pushing bookshelves and stairs.

It's not only that, it's also the picking item and general animation bit

Comment

• I found the STATUS_FLG 's in memory, I should be able to unlock the debug menu on the v-jump build now

[DEBUG_SAMPLE]

STATUS_FLG (00)
                                300C3003 00??

00=Character rendering blur ON "0"
                                80=Character rendering blur OFF "1"

STATUS_FLG (16)
                                300C3001 00??

00=Enable Inventory and Debug Menu "0"
                                80=Disable Inventory and Debug Menu "1"
                                Last edited by kevstah2004; 04-07-2011, 10:04 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X