[Hidden-Palace]Biohazard Betas Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
    I found the STATUS_FLG 's in memory, I should be able to unlock the debug menu on the v-jump build now

[DEBUG_SAMPLE]

STATUS_FLG (00)
    300C3003 00??

00=Character rendering blur ON "0"
    80=Character rendering blur OFF "1"

STATUS_FLG (16)
    300C3001 00??

00=Enable Inventory and Debug Menu "0"
    80=Disable Inventory and Debug Menu "1"
    What do these do? V-Jump is 10/04 right? I tried status flag 16 and it didn't seem to do anything... Or are these just codes for 01/31?
    Last edited by Guest; 04-07-2011, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
      What do these do? V-Jump is 10/04 right? I tried status flag 16 and it didn't seem to do anything... Or are these just codes for 01/31?
      V-Jump it's the 08/04, and I think he found the Status Flag of the 31/01, we have already the debug enable in it, but he found the HEX value that recall that function.

Comment

• Cool. What's the code to enable the debug menu in V-Jump?
        Last edited by Guest; 04-07-2011, 11:13 AM.

Comment

I found the STATUS_FLG 's in memory, I should be able to unlock the debug menu on the v-jump build now

[DEBUG_SAMPLE]

STATUS_FLG (00)
          300C3003 00??

00=Character rendering blur ON "0"
          80=Character rendering blur OFF "1"

STATUS_FLG (16)
          300C3001 00??

00=Enable Inventory and Debug Menu "0"
          80=Disable Inventory and Debug Menu "1"
          [B]Thumbs up to you for finding that!
          I'll take a look at it, too!

Let's get this debug menu reactivated!

Perhaps we can also enable some leftover debug features in other Biohazard games this way!
          The Biohazard 2 Trial Edition, for example still has some debug stuff included!
          (The memory locations for a majority of the interesting stuff are always in the same general areas for all Biohazard 1-3 builds! I found a lot of stuff just by comparing memory between different BH/RE games and porting codes from one game/build to another)

I have tried to unlock that stuff some years ago but I had no luck because I had no clue which things had to be set in oder to reactivate them.
          The only debug feature I could access was a memory viewer, Dark Biohazard told me how to do it.
          (Had nothing to do with memoryhacking, all that was necessary for it to be enabled was to edit one of the RDT's to include an AI partner for Leon)

Edit:
          After looking up that address myself I realized that it is nothing I didn't know about.
          It's just that 80 found in every Biohazard game that I was talking about earlier.

Now how exactly this is going to help enabling the debug menu in the V-Jump build is beyond me.
          All I can reach by messing with it is obtaining a shotgun which freezes the game, blurring the moving 3d objects in the game and change which text is displayed on screen (I am talking about the normal examine text, nothing debug related)...

Can you try to explain what you're going to do with this in order to access the debug menu?
          I'd like to help you but I am just not sure how at the moment.

I'll look for the scenario modifier now, so at least I won't be wasting time doing nothing!

Edit2:
          Ignore the previous edit!
          I was in a haste while posting that and I mistook the Status Flag 16 for the Status Flag 00 which is exactly what I was talking about earlier...
          I never found Status Flag 16 and it's purpose myself...
          I only found the blurry 3d models/heat vision intro/you died address, the text display, the enemy counter and the gameplay speed while looking around that memory area.

The Status Flag 16 is indeed what allows or restricts access to the debug menu!
          I am just unsure if this alone is enough the enable it in the V-Jump build...

I'll look for Status Flag 16 in that build to see if it has any effect!

It is just bytes away from this address I messed with earlier:

Display Text
          300C600B 0001

I am hoping that this is going to work...
          Last edited by Upaluppa; 04-07-2011, 01:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enrico Marini View Post
            Little Spiders are enemies but little spiders take up very little memory, they have simple AI code, 0 animations (the model is just rotated left and right to simulate a scurry) and their Poly count is very low as well. Much lower than most other enemies. Essentially you should be able to load in as many enemies you can until the Ram gives out but a PSX having only 4mb ram and we don't know what other limitations are put into the builds I wouldn't expect more than 8.
            Wait, I always thought that little spiders are just animated sprites, not models.

Comment

• Nope they use a section of the larger spider TIM texture, i'm not sure if the EMD contain two models or it just rescales the larger spider down.
              If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

• Nope they use a section of the larger spider TIM texture, i'm not sure if the EMD contain two models or it just rescales the larger spider down.
                My bad. I forget that RE2 they decided to split them out to their own enemy slot.

The spider's model in RE1 contains both the individual body parts for the main spider as well as a 1 model part for the baby spider.

The small spider is a total of 12 triangles opposed to the average 700 triangles for a human/zombie and 1000 for the standard size Spider. The average human/zombie is made of 15 rotating parts where as these small spiders are just one rotating part.

The AI running for these spiders is also simple, scurry, and if near the player, jump.

So its far less taxing on the CPU/Memory for the PSX to run this.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Code:
                  00 00 00 80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 02 00 00 00
                  Ok do a memory dump and search for the above hex pattern and it should bring you to 000C3000, 000C3003 should say 80 as it's off, two bytes away from this should be the disable inventory / debug menu address 000C3001 this for the debug sample (31-01-1996) build.

Code:
                  00 80 00 80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 02 00 00 00
                  Using the above pattern should give you the address for the V-Jump (04-08-1995) build, a cookie goes the first person to find it
                  Last edited by kevstah2004; 04-07-2011, 02:45 PM.

sigpic

Comment

• So the baby spiders actually use polys?

Also, the PSX actually has 2MB of RAM.
                    Last edited by OKeijiDragon; 04-07-2011, 06:55 PM. Reason: DAMNIT I DIDN'T SEE THE LATER POSTS.
                    If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

Comment

• 1.9375 MB if you discount the kernal.

sigpic

Comment

4 Zombies, for me it plausible that the maximum amount of enemies it's 8 and I think they share the AI.

Plant 42

Plant 42 defeated

It's seems that the 12% it's for the polygon model and texture
                        Last edited by SonicBlue; 04-07-2011, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Code:
                          00 00 00 80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 02 00 00 00
                          Ok do a memory dump and search for the above hex pattern and it should bring you to 000C3000, 000C3003 should say 80 as it's off, two bytes away from this should be the disable inventory / debug menu address 000C3001 this for the debug sample (31-01-1996) build.

Code:
                          00 80 00 80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 02 00 00 00
                          Using the above pattern should give you the address for the V-Jump (04-08-1995) build, a cookie goes the first person to find it
                          I couldn't find this pattern in the V-Jump build, so I just tried manually browsing the memory for 80's in that area...
                          If it were the same as in the Debug build it should be at 0xC5FFF (two byte left of the blurriness flag) but that value is already 00 in the V-Jump build and setting it to any other value has no effect either.

The flag I found a week ago, the one which sets the game into demo mode (locks the doors) is also in this area as well as the enemy counter, gameplay speed, blurriness thingy and such stuff. In fact all these flags are in this memory area! (Who would've thought that?)

I've also tried randomly filling addresses around 0xC6000 with 01's and 80's hoping to find some useful flags or enable the debug menu by accident.
                          I just got a crash which also wrote a new value to another address in the memory before freezing the game but couldn't write down the address I changed because of the unexpected crashing...
                          Is it possible that the game tries to load up the debug data (Assuming I stumbled upon it) and fails to do so, resulting in a crash?

Another idea!
                          How about trying to find the flag for the Barry Event Debug via memory capture comparing?
                          Do some captures before activating the Barry Event Debug and some afterwards and see if you can find that flag!

It's possible that there are more similar debug flags in the same memory area the Barry Event Skip is found in!
                          To trigger the Barry Event Debug you just have to press the start button on controller 2.
                          Last edited by Upaluppa; 04-08-2011, 03:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Okei
                            Also, the PSX actually has 2MB of RAM.
                            Well there is also the GPU Vram of 1MB, that counts towards the total ram for graphics processing. I swear the last time I looked up the specs for a PSX it said 4 Mb.

According to a few places the total rendering capability of a PSX is 180,000 textured triangles per second, so at 30 FPS, thats only 6000 triangles on screen per frame. So 8 would be the logical limit, well for anything but the mini spiders.

Comment

• Originally posted by Upaluppa View Post
                              I couldn't find this pattern in the V-Jump build, so I just tried manually browsing the memory for 80's in that area...
                              If it were the same as in the Debug build it should be at 0xC5FFF (two byte left of the blurriness flag) but that value is already 00 in the V-Jump build and setting it to any other value has no effect either.

The flag I found a week ago, the one which sets the game into demo mode (locks the doors) is also in this area as well as the enemy counter, gameplay speed, blurriness thingy and such stuff. In fact all these flags are in this memory area! (Who would've thought that?)

I've also tried randomly filling addresses around 0xC6000 with 01's and 80's hoping to find some useful flags or enable the debug menu by accident.
                              I just got a crash which also wrote a new value to another address in the memory before freezing the game but couldn't write down the address I changed because of the unexpected crashing...
                              Is it possible that the game tries to load up the debug data (Assuming I stumbled upon it) and fails to do so, resulting in a crash?

Another idea!
                              How about trying to find the flag for the Barry Event Debug via memory capture comparing?
                              Do some captures before activating the Barry Event Debug and some afterwards and see if you can find that flag!

It's possible that there are more similar debug flags in the same memory area the Barry Event Skip is found in!
                              To trigger the Barry Event Debug you just have to press the start button on controller 2.
                              oops, I had the debug menu on whilst doing that first pattern on the 31-01-1996) - Sample try this pattern instead 0C001380 then, I had everything off. Try finding the blur address again it's not too far away from the debug menu and inventory maybe 20 or 30 bytes or so.

Here's all the STATUS_FLG's I have so far.
                              Last edited by kevstah2004; 04-08-2011, 04:05 AM.

sigpic

Comment

oops, I had the debug menu on whilst doing that first pattern on the 31-01-1996) - Sample try this pattern instead 0C001380 then, I had everything off. Try finding the blur address again it's not too far away from the debug menu and inventory maybe 20 or 30 bytes or so.
                                If it were in the same place as in the debug build this code would do it...

Enable V-Jump Debug
                                300C5FF4 000C
                                300C5FF6 0013
                                300C5FF7 0080

The only problem is...
                                It does not...

I don't get it, either the flag is in a different place in this build or the function has been removed from the game altogether.

Edit:
                                Perhaps it really is in a slightly different place...

Try this instead:

Enable V-Jump Debug (2nd Try)
                                300C5FFE 000C
                                300C6000 0013
                                300C6001 0080

This is the correct address, I'm 100% sure!
                                So far it crashes the game when you change your weapon (not existing inventory menu related crash maybe!?) but no clue if it brings us any closer to the debug menu.
                                Last edited by Upaluppa; 04-08-2011, 05:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X