No announcement yet.

So what about Biohazard 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm.. both of mine are identical.. can you post a screenshot of yours?

Almost forgot this one, this is the only room that has different camera angles:

Layout map of the above room, dated June 15 1999.

And a bit more map data:

The cable leading to the puddle is not present in the map, dated May 17 1999.

One less loose wall tile on the floor, map dated July 1 1999.

Floor and debris are different here, map dated July 15 1999.

Misc:

April 29 1999.

Layout map dated April 1 1999.
    Last edited by Ys1; 08-15-2012, 10:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
      Since they already gave us the option to pick a costume at the main menu (PC version), it would've been nice if they just left the boutique open so you can change to any costume whenever. The main menu costume select doesn't even give you a preview picture or name for the costume you're selecting, just a number.
      Indeed, however the DC version does show preview pictures of the costumes in its own costume select screen, very different from the PC version.

Ys1 : You want me to provide a screenshot of the night-time street with the clothing store's lights on ? Sure, I'll try to do that tonight.

Comment

• Where those top-view prerenders were found anyway?
        Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aleff View Post
          Where those top-view prerenders were found anyway?
          That's what I'm curious to know as well.

Comment

• The Dreamcast version. Here are the .TIMs plus converted .BMPs:
            MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Comment

• let me guess... i think is from pc version. some of my pc games has top view renders... i may be wrong, but im curious as well.

Comment

• I was browsing through the PC background rips when I noticed that they're using an older version of the hallway outside the dark room for the PC version (PS1 version makes use of those from RE2 final):

Click image for larger version

Name:	rofs8_R11400.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	401521
                Auto-door sans card reader, same background as the one being used in Bio 2 Trial Edition

And while this remains basically the same between both versions, there's also this little peculiarity in the newly added render for the scene where Nemmy crashes through the window:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	rofs8_R11406.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	401522
                The door to the evidence room is the regular door from final but with the card reader present beside it (you can just barely make out the yellow stripe).
                Seibu teh geimu?
                ---

Comment

• Sorry if this has been posted here before, but I found this great YouTube video showcasing a few beta angles:

0:23 alternate background A (day)
                  0:51 alternate background B (day)
                  2:55 a girl screams
                  2:58 she is seen running away
                  3:05 alternate background A (night)

If there are more, let me know.

Comment

• @Enigmatism415, check out this post from the last page: http://www.the-horror.com/forums/sho...l=1#post184733

This one is unused too, I think (PS1/PC):

PS1:

Reappearing car antenna (PC):

Seen in an earlier version (some layering issues too?):

Reflections differ slightly in the final (PC):

Misc:

More PS1/PC:

PS1/Dreamcast:

Another map difference:

Old but good:
                    Last edited by Ys1; 08-16-2012, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• I recently scanned the Resident Evil 3 article from Next Generation, August 1999 if anyone is interested:

The scans can be found here.

Also, a comparison of this version and an unused camera angle from the final game (bottom right):

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                        2:55 a girl screams
                        2:58 she is seen running away
                        It's been a very long time since i have played RE3 but I don't understand what's "beta" about these 2 notes... The girl can be heard and seen in the retail version too.
                        Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

Comment

• Originally posted by imacwesker View Post
                          It's been a very long time since i have played RE3 but I don't understand what's "beta" about these 2 notes... The girl can be heard and seen in the retail version too.
                          Can she be? It has been a very long time for me too, but RE3 is the first RE game I have ever played so it had a huge impression on me, and as such I thought I had memorized every detail of the game, but I suppose realistically I couldn't have. You are saying that this random NPC survivor IS in the actual game? I really have to check up on that (maybe there is a YouTube play-through video that shows this?)

btw, nice 666th post Wesker
                          Last edited by Enigmatism415; 08-29-2012, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                            Can she be? You are saying that this random NPC survivor IS in the actual game?
                            Yes she is in the game and she isn't random at all. One of the things I like about RE3 is that, like in RE1, various events happen depending of your path and actions. If you open door A and pick item A, you'll get scene A. If you open door A and pick object B, you'll get scene B. This is a slight simplification of how the game works, but it is still accurate.
                            Now, it is way too long since I played the game so I may be wrong, but I think that you can have the scene with the girl if you try to check back on the guy, who locked himself at the beginning of the game. After earring her and seeing a glimpse of her (as in the Youtube video), you will find her corpse in front of the door leading to the warehouse (?). Back in the day, there was an urban legend that you could save her if you did whatever, but that's just not true. There are no AR codes to "save her" either. She is just fated to die. Sad, but true.

Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                            btw, nice 666th post Wesker
                            Ah ah, thanks!
                            Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

Comment

• Originally posted by imacwesker View Post
                              Now, it is way too long since I played the game so I may be wrong, but I think that you can have the scene with the girl if you try to check back on the guy, who locked himself at the beginning of the game. After earring her and seeing a glimpse of her (as in the Youtube video), you will find her corpse in front of the door leading to the warehouse (?). Back in the day, there was an urban legend that you could save her if you did whatever, but that's just not true. There are no AR codes to "save her" either. She is just fated to die. Sad, but true.
                              You're absolutely right... relevant scenes begin at 0:30 and 1:02

I don't recall venturing back to Dario too often when I would play RE3, because it was a huge waste of ammo for such little reward. However, the one or two times I did make the long pointless journey, I must have taken the short cut. Taking this shortcut forgoes the entire scene with this girl, as if it never happened, which is shown in another video I found.

On a separate note, I feel that there exists just enough RE3 beta information to construct an alternate version of the game. "Resident Evil 3: Director's Cut" if you will.

In this version, most of the beta camera angles would be re-implemented, either replacing the retail camera angles or augmenting the selection of angles available. Like Resident Evil: Director's Cut, it would essentially be the same game as the retail version, with some things shuffled around to make it interesting.

Easy Mode:
                              - The Giga-OIL object replaces the Oil and Additive, and can be used by itself to fuel the train. This would allow the player to skip the Sales Office altogether.
                              Hard Mode:
                              - The Chain is found in the warehouse safe and is used to replace the (incomplete) Hose, preventing the emergency stairs from retracting.
                              - The Hose Adapter is found where the (complete) Hose is in the retail version (the Wrench must still be used to pry it loose from its fixture).
                              - The parking garage save room is replaced with the trashed version of the room, and thus there is neither a box nor typewriter to be found.
                              - The battery-less remote control is located on the desk where the normal remote control is on the retail version, and can be taken as an object.
                              - The ZEED batteries are located where they were in the beta build (does anyone know where this is?)
                              Some other possibilities:
                              - The three coins would be reinstated (I think they replace the blue and green gems for the clock?)
                              - The unused BOTU(没) keys (on the keyring) may open that chain-link gate leading to the hose (this gate is already wide open in the retail version)
                              - Fighting the final form of Nemesis without the help of the giant laser cannon
                              - Perhaps the spade key from RE2 could be used for something in the RPD for the hell of it? (I know that the key is only a placeholder and was never meant to be used in RE3)

Comment

Working...
                              X