Mercenaries 3D saved files are permanent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
    Ooh, that's a better comparison. It sounds like RE4 PS2, only worse. The super-compressed audio really kills it.
    Was the sound in RE4 for PS2 different from the Gamecube version? This may give me a reason to pop in the GC copy I have, and haven't played.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      This seems a strategy after the collapse in sales of Darkside Chronicles. The phrase: "Buy it new or fuck you dude."

Its stupid to think the ignorance by part of developers, independently if this happens in most Nintendo 3DS games.
      Even Darkside Chronicles is not without its gripes. I have to send my wii in to be fixed and I run the risk of losing my saved data. Darkside was one of a few I couldn't transfer over.

Comment

Originally posted by Humor Tumor View Post
        Was the sound in RE4 for PS2 different from the Gamecube version? This may give me a reason to pop in the GC copy I have, and haven't played.
        The sound in the PS2 version was compressed, I believe. If it wasn't, they certainly did something to it, because it's not nearly as high quality as the GameCube version's.

Comment

Guess I will have to bust my Gamecube out, the sound was a major gripe for me; and this might rectify that.

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
            Yeah, I have it... The game is fun, but the sound quality is terrible. The music sounds perfectly fine, crisp and clean, but all the sound effects, voices, etc. sound like those YouTube videos where people record music through a sound recorder then upload it rather than the file itself. And then divided by 5. It's reeeeally bad...
            It is pretty bad. Hearing Alyson Court's voice reprise Claire in 64kbps doesn't do her justice. Though, it's understandable in a first gen 3DS cart. Come to think of it, I think every stage has it's own unique BGM...

But if I had a choice in it, I would've passed on the Revelations demo and settled for higher quality sound effects.
            REALDEMO

Comment

It's not even a demo. It's like six rooms and three enemies. But yeah, the sound quality really doesn't do Alyson Court justice, or any of the VAs for that matter.

And no, it's not an issue with space. The sounds were just fine in the RE:REV demo if I remember right from the... like three minutes it lasted.
              Last edited by Canas Renvall; 06-29-2011, 10:58 PM.

Comment

I hope I get my copy in from Capcom today.

should have picked day 1 shipping

Comment

Games good, only real issue is that I played RE4/5 Mercs a lot so not really much new for me.
                  Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Hey guys,

I think I found a way to erase the save files. This is not a real way to erase them but a sort of glitch.

I was playing the game and when it went to save I ejected the game and it corrupted my save. I got a save corruption message on the next boot and it erased the corrupt save so now I can start from scratch! Thing is I don't know if this is a fluke and I am not sure if I want to try again just in case you can mess the game up more.

So just eject the game when it goes to a saving screen and that interrupts the save and corrupts it thus making the game erase the corrupted save.

So just a word of caution to you guys. I don't know if this can damage your game.
                    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Working...
                    X