No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 6 confirmed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are in for a good treat nowadays, despite popular belief. If RE6 allegedly goes back to the more horror, atmospheric vibe from the originals with a well balanced mix of classic and some action, we're probably entering one of the better RE eras.

ORC, a spin off title finally being treated properly and with a good budget offering a very different view on past events; Revelations, goes back to more classic RE featuring the original pair and as its name suggests reveal key plot points, and Damnation which also opens possibility to close some characters' arch and/or tighten all the different stories shown in games.

Just don't screw it Capcom!

Comment

• What I understand with all these RE coming in such a short time is that they are also looking for more cohesion from a storyline point of view.

The way I see it :

-Operation Raccoon city focuses on U.S.S and I think that Hunk will get a pivotal role in this game.

-Revelations will feature Hunk aswell, so it will be linked to ORC in some way. But Revelations will also have some strong ties to RE5, explaining things about Chris/Jill, the BSAA and perhaps the Wesker children. We can also expect ties with RE6 according to rumours.

-The Damnation teaser showed Lickers beta. Therefore, there's probably a link between RE5 and this movie aswell. The fact Leon is in the movie may be of some importance, especially if he turns out to be the main protagonist of RE6.

So, all in all, I think all these RE are meant to be linked somehow. My bet is that ORC, Damnation and Revelations will all serve together as some kind of introduction to RE6.
      Last edited by Grem; 08-15-2011, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• The problem with Damnation is that they will have to make it appeal to casual RE fans and cinema goers not necessarily familiar with the franchise so I wouldn't expect it to delve too deeply into the mythology and left over plot points that people may not be aware of.
        "I've got 100 cows."
        "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

• Rumor: Resident Evil 6 has been in Development for up to 2 Years Now

The latest content fueling the rumor has been the resume of Shannon Justison, a Previs Artist that claims she has worked on ”Resident Evil 6″ Cinematics sometime between June 2009 and now. The exact time frame Resident Evil 6 was worked on is still unknown, however we do know it has been worked on for up to two years.

Comment

• Lets hope we can at least have a proper trailer on TGS and not just a "teaser".

Comment

• Originally posted by Vito View Post
              Lets hope we can at least have a proper trailer on TGS and not just a "teaser".
              yeah i want gameplay and cutscenes

Comment

• Originally posted by Vito View Post
                Lets hope we can at least have a proper trailer on TGS and not just a "teaser".
                It'll be the announce for the date when the teaser will be released and in the teaser there'll another date for when they'll make the announcement for when the first trailer will be released.

Comment

• Originally posted by alexdz View Post
                  It'll be the announce for the date when the teaser will be released and in the teaser there'll another date for when they'll make the announcement for when the first trailer will be released.
                  TGS os the biggest there is in japan
                  they will put a trailer there for sure it makes perfect sense they will get most out of it at that show.

Comment

Working...
                  X