The REALLY early times of the RE1.5 hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The REALLY early times of the RE1.5 hunt

I was looking through old Google Group records for Mega Man, and EarthBound stuff when I came across this post.

Dated September 6, 1998, this was likely the earliest recorded instance of a demand for Resident Evil 1.5.

Unless, I'm so totally wrong. Then perhaps people can tell when the hunt for this piece of Atlantis began.

1. jolan Martinez
    View profile
    More options Sep 6 1998, 12:00 am
    Hello
    PLEASE HELP US GET RESIDENT EVIL 1.5 RELEASED
    I am sending this post to please ask for your help . As most of you know
    Capcom Did not release the first version they created of RESIDENT
    EVIL 2 , but started again on a new version . This unreleased version is
    affectionatly known as RE 1.5 . This is a totally different Resident
    evil game . There are a number of us trying to gain enough names and
    Emails to send to Capcom , so that they realise that releasing RE 1.5
    would be good for both us and them .
    If you would like to help us get RE 1.5 released , please email me at
    the email address below . You will have your name displayed on the web
    site below in a special section in the next few weeks . Your email
    address will be seen by no-one except Capcom , and will definatly NOT be
    given to any mailing companies .
    Please help , as we realy need the support .
    Thanks again for taking the time to read this post .
    --
    Jolan martinez
    jo...@jolan.demon.co.uk
    METAL GEAR SOLID
    RESIDENT EVIL 2
    Brand new RE SITE COMING SOON
    Please Help Us Get RESIDENT EVIL 1.5 Released
    www.jolan.demon.co.uk
    EDIT: I've just found another (dated July 8 2001, 2:54 pm) that documents the earliest recorded instance of what appears to be a scam for selling the RE1.5 prototype, that is too long to post!

Last edited by OKeijiDragon; 07-23-2011, 03:20 AM.
    If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

I find it surprising people still give a fuck.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

...this is where I point out that people find it surprising that you care about the plot as much as you do, to the point where you're willing to spend money finding resources and time/money translating them to answer plot points that 9/10 fans won't even know exist?

Different strokes, different folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
        ...this is where I point out that people find it surprising that you care about the plot as much as you do, to the point where you're willing to spend money finding resources and time/money translating them to answer plot points that 9/10 fans won't even know exist?

Different strokes, different folks.
        There's actually something to get out of all of that which makes it worth it, though.

All this beta masturbation? Fuck all.

Comment

There are a number of us trying to gain enough names and
          Emails to send to Capcom , so that they realise that releasing RE 1.5
          would be good for both us and them .
          ...13 years later there are still people suggesting this could work, haha.
          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
            ...13 years later there are still people suggesting this could work, haha.
            Maybe if we do this time it will work, right?

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
              There's actually something to get out of all of that which makes it worth it, though.

All this beta masturbation? Fuck all.
              There's something to get out of this too. 1.5. I understand you don't especially care about it, but for someone like me it's got two very interesting points. First of all, I love beta material. I like to see what changed, what was dropped, what could have been. And secondly, it's an old school RE game. I'm finding the newer fair...less to my tastes. I'd love to play a RE game I haven't completed a dozen times before.

And yes, as you might point out, we might never get 1.5 while you will get info out of your sources. I disagree. Greed makes the world go round and I've seen a few glimmers of hope in the future thanks to that.

Just because it's something you have no interest in is no reason to be rude about it.

Comment

I second that Darkmoon.
                sigpic
                www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

There's something to get out of this too. 1.5. I understand you don't especially care about it, but for someone like me it's got two very interesting points. First of all, I love beta material. I like to see what changed, what was dropped, what could have been. And secondly, it's an old school RE game. I'm finding the newer fair...less to my tastes. I'd love to play a RE game I haven't completed a dozen times before.

And yes, as you might point out, we might never get 1.5 while you will get info out of your sources. I disagree. Greed makes the world go round and I've seen a few glimmers of hope in the future thanks to that.

Just because it's something you have no interest in is no reason to be rude about it.
                  I like finding out about stuff too. I like seeing what the story would've been like, what they scrapped etc. But I know we're never going to get it no matter how many names we put on a petition. That's the part that bugs me.

Comment

Of course we aren't. We'll get it because a collector is greedy and wants cash, and they know full well that once the disc is on the net there copy will be worth fuck all. We've come close enough often enough that I reckon it's inevitable.

Comment

Someday it WILL be released.

Comment

@alinhoalisson I agree with you mate cause Biohazard 1 alpha got released and it is older than 1.5
                        Last edited by Guest; 07-25-2011, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Jesus Fucking Christ on a hike do you guys have a broken record or something?

Every RE1.5 discussion always, without fail, turn into the following, and not just one of them, always both:

1. It will never be released/ oh no it will be released some day

2. I don't care about this game/ who gives a shit what you think, shut the fuck up and let us who still care care

You guys are like literally, like totally boring lolz.

PS. Don't call all collectors greedy, somebody may be upset. I just want the disc, you guys can have the fucking game. Unless I've been upset by then.

PPS. Sorry about all the fucking.
                          lostreleases // demopals

Comment

Don't worry Anders, I didn't mean you - you share some of your loot. But some of the people who've acquired the disc may well have bought it for it's value, not for the game itself, and will be nervous at the idea of that value plummeting to nothing.

Comment

Don't worry Anders, I didn't mean you - you share some of your loot. But some of the people who've acquired the disc may well have bought it for it's value, not for the game itself, and will be nervous at the idea of that value plummeting to nothing.
                              I agree with Darkmoon.

Comment

Working...
                              X