No announcement yet.

The REALLY early times of the RE1.5 hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, but you remember it didn't sell because it was for Gamecube.
    Code: Veronica sold: 3 millions.
    The Outbreaks sold: 1.45 millions.
    And RE4, sold 1.6 millions on gamecube and 2 millions on PS2.

The Problem is (in my point of view): Mikami wasn't the actual producer of the game, he first had the idea of "Leon and the Progenitor Virus", but the stupid producers didn't like it only because Leon would die in the end. He was just the director of the game, unlike the previous games. All he did was just put a little bit of "horror" on the story, like the sinister music, the night scenarios, etc. And he said if RE4 went to PS2, he would cut his head off. Well, RE4 went to PS2, and Mikami left CAPCOM. Without producer, CAPCOM decided to put what RE4 left behind: Action.

Mikami realises he made a mistake on letting the game have focus on action, and even said in an interview he would not play RE5 because of what CAPCOM made the series look like. He is even making some other horror-stuff for Platinum Games or whatever other Game Company.

The point is: I don't know why the hell people blame Mikami for RE4, if he was the actual producer, and not only a director, I would not blame him. We should blame Hiroyuki Kobayashi. And why some fans claim that "The old fans should STFU".
    Last edited by Guest; 08-12-2011, 08:27 PM.

Comment

As far as I know, Mikami said he wouldn't play RE5 because it wasn't made by him and he would just pay atenttion in what he'd make different, he didn't say anything about what thr series had become.

Comment

The Problem is (in my point of view): Mikami wasn't the actual producer of the game, he first had the idea of "Leon and the Progenitor Virus", but the stupid producers didn't like it only because Leon would die in the end. He was just the director of the game, unlike the previous games.
        Actually, Mikami was producer. The only games he directed in the series were BIO HAZARD, biohazard and the final version of biohazard 4. And his role as a producer was mostly balancing the budget. He wasn't very involved with development, although from the outset he wanted biohazard 4 to be a major shake-up of the series formula with major changes.

1st BH4 (Devil May Cry) was scrapped because it didn't fit in the BIOHAZARD universe, it was an action game.
        2nd BH4 (Fog and Hallucination) was scrapped for the same reason, but instead of being too much action, it was too much Silent Hill-esque horror.
        3rd BH4 (zombies) was scrapped for being too formulaic and going right back to square one.
        Last edited by News Bot; 08-12-2011, 08:38 PM.
        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by alexdz View Post
          As far as I know, Mikami said he wouldn't play RE5 because it wasn't made by him and he would just pay atenttion in what he'd make different, he didn't say anything about what thr series had become.
          Yes, besides that, he commented that he also would not play because on how the series went downhill.

Mikami: "I think Resident Evil 5 doesn't need to change the series, but Resident Evil 6 will have to reinvent the series with another full model change or else it won't be able to keep on going."

Comment

I'm not seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
              3rd BH4 (zombies) was scrapped for being too formulaic and going right back to square one.
              That's depressing. The one thing I want BACK in Resident Evil are zombies. I don't know why, but they feel far scarier than Africans with scythes/Spaniards with pitchforks. That, and having to ration ammo. How I miss the days of trying to second-guess whether to fight or fly in the hopes of saving ammo in case there's none in the next room.

Comment

Originally posted by Summoner View Post
                That's depressing. The one thing I want BACK in Resident Evil are zombies. I don't know why, but they feel far scarier than Africans with scythes/Spaniards with pitchforks. That, and having to ration ammo. How I miss the days of trying to second-guess whether to fight or fly in the hopes of saving ammo in case there's none in the next room.
                Zombies were considered for BIOHAZARD 5 as well pretty early on (they had models created and from what I remember, a working build of the game with them). They got ditched pretty quickly though, I think.
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

RE: ORC also is pretty fucked up.
                  I mean, WTF, they are trying to enter the market of stupid war games.
                  Resident Evil in old days was known for being original.

Here's the formula:
                  Resident Evil + CRAPCOM + SLUT SIX - Shinji Mikami = Shit

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                    Zombies were considered for BIOHAZARD 5 as well pretty early on (they had models created and from what I remember, a working build of the game with them). They got ditched pretty quickly though, I think.
                    I'd wager the game would've been received better if they had stuck with zombies. While the current formula is more appealing to the new wave of gamers, the name Resident Evil still grabs many of us older gamers as being the pinnacle of survival horror. And then along come Africans with molotovs, and the magic is lost.

Comment

They scrapped the RE5 zombie build because it wasn't a challange running around zombies in the big open spaces that africa provides.
                      The guide book gives you images of these different builds and the shaders that they developed for the game, one of them is the zombie build.
                      Last edited by Andyfer_Ruu; 08-13-2011, 05:32 AM.

Comment

So put Crimson Heads or make upa reason for the zombies to run, problem solved. And people love the fast-zombie formula, it'd be a success.

Comment

Majinis run too. All the running zombie games that i've seen involve spraying bullets in all directions and hoping it hits something (L4D springs to mind). It may give you a quick scare when the zombies run around a corner, but in the end the player is still spraying bullets everywhere. It's basically the same formula as RE5 (minus first person view), I admit it was fun though.
                          But really, RE needs to be slower, darker, more atmospheric, with confined spaces and the traditional zombies and monsters. Something that forces people to think before they act.
                          Last edited by Andyfer_Ruu; 08-13-2011, 06:16 AM.

Comment

I'm sorry to tell you guys...the disc blew up in my ps3 because I've been non stop playing it for the last 13 years. It finally had enough and shattered inside my unit. Now I'm out my 1.5 and a BC ps3.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Wong View Post
                              I'm sorry to tell you guys...the disc blew up in my ps3 because I've been non stop playing it for the last 13 years. It finally had enough and shattered inside my unit. Now I'm out my 1.5 and a BC ps3.
                              Sorry to hear that, that really sucks. Personally I always play unreleased Resident Evil games on back-up discs.
                              lostreleases // demopals

Comment

Well, getting a hold of the disc itself cost me so much I couldn't afford to buy a cd burner.

Comment

Working...
                                X