The REALLY early times of the RE1.5 hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
    I've always been partially convinced that 1.5 got scrapped due to office politics rather than quality or any of the other excuses we get now and then, and that's why there's so much hate towards it within Capcom. Might just be me, though.
    That sounds like a conspiracy.

Maybe there's more to this than what I know, but has there been any strong evidence by any valid sources that strongly suggest that the redesign was done because of company politics or anything of that sort? What would they have been, and why would such things take place to begin with? (As a side note, I would have expected said company politics from Sega in the 32-bit era, famous examples being Sonic-X-Treme, and Panzar Dragoon Saga. Maybe it just shows what I know.)

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
    Actually, can you imagine a dozen of your average computer fanboys shaking there fat, rippling asses, covered in chocolate and proudly proclaiming there love for Capcom?
    Alright, that's just nasty.

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
    If I had 1.5 I'd prove to the community that I had it via recordings, photographs, etc, and then I would destroy the disc on camera via a live stream to everyone bitching about 1.5 being released. Such is my contempt for this retarded obsession.
    And that's just... retardedly immature.
    Last edited by OKeijiDragon; 08-05-2011, 02:07 AM.
    If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

Comment

Originally posted by OKeijiDragon View Post
      That sounds like a conspiracy.

Maybe there's more to this than what I know, but has there been any strong evidence by any valid sources that strongly suggest that the redesign was done because of company politics or anything of that sort? What would they have been, and why would such things take place to begin with? (As a side note, I would have expected said company politics from Sega in the 32-bit era, famous examples being Sonic-X-Treme, and Panzar Dragoon Saga. Maybe it just shows what I know.)
      I believe the idea of office politics comes from the various written and video interviews where they give somewhat conflicting reasons to it's scrapping and the fact they brought in a new team to replace most of the team that had done 1.5. During development they seemed happy during interviews. Of course, easy to say that of course they're gonna be positive during interviews during development. No one's gonna be like "Yeah we're working on it, but it's not going well and I think it sucks." haha.

But anyway, it doesn't really matter at this point.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GameTak3r View Post
        then sometimes you fell wrong.
        I rest my case.

There's a fine line, a very fine line. I'll just leave it at that.

That's just like, my opinion man.
        Last edited by REmaster; 08-05-2011, 03:09 AM.
        "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
        Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

And that's just... retardedly immature.
          And all these remarks people have made in the past about infilitrating Capcom and obtaining 1.5 isn't retardedly immature?
          See you in hell.

Comment

And all these remarks people have made in the past about infilitrating Capcom and obtaining 1.5 isn't retardedly immature?
            Death threats = immature
            Joking about how to get a copy = funny

Comment

The way you expressed your "contempt" doesn't make you look any better than those who made such facetious statements.

If you, on the other hand, were serious with your proposed public performance of destroying such valuable possessions, would you actually be willing to be the next Curator-level hated figure? He didn't physically destroy anything sure, but last time I heard, that lunatic did destroy his reputation for cheating the community and making quite the fool out of himself.
              Last edited by OKeijiDragon; 08-05-2011, 08:16 PM.

Comment

The way you expressed your "contempt" doesn't make you look any better than those who made such facetious statements.

If you, on the other hand, were serious with your proposed public performance of destroying such valuable possessions, would you actually be willing to be the next Curator-level hated figure? He didn't physically destroy anything sure, but last time I heard, that lunatic did destroy his reputation for cheating the community and making quite the fool out of himself.
                Spencer has no fear of hatred, he welcomes it with open arms.

I'm just as interested in 1.5 as the next guy, but after all these years of repeated 1.5/curator threads (particularly on this forum), I've also grown to hate him, not because of his "look what I have and you don't" mentality, but for all the stress and chaos he's unleashed throught several RE communities. I believe like many others that it will eventually be released, most likely within the next decade or less, but for a shady exchange of a few hundred bucks the entire fanbase was jaded and left in the dark.
                Last edited by REmaster; 08-05-2011, 09:47 PM.
                "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."

Comment

It'd be hilarious if the beta got released and people went "meh, not that good, I think I'm going to play RE2."

Comment

Originally posted by alexdz View Post
                    It'd be hilarious if the beta got released and people went "meh, not that good, I think I'm going to play RE2."
                    By the videos I saw, it was pretty good.

Comment

It's possible. The mystique around the game is one of it's most appealing qualities to me, that and the curiousty for the unknown similiar to 3.5. However, even if it was somehow awful, I would still enjoy a look into the developers minds, displaying a different take on the RPD, labs, characters, etc.

Comment

Then people will just look for the other betas of the game. The addiction would never stop. =P

Comment

"Performance"? It isn't about reputation or my 'status' within the community, I couldn't care less about such trivial things. My ostracising posts should be testament to that. It'd only be done to prove a point, to express in the only way I know, how ludicrous I find this whole obsession. I'd either destroy it or just release it via torrent so that everyone can have it and finally, finally shut up about wanting Capcom to release it.
                          Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 08-06-2011, 05:55 AM.
                          See you in hell.

Comment

According to Kamiya, the scrapping was decided by Noboru Sugimura and Mikami.

Sugimura suggested (some reports indicate he looked over the scenario written by Kamiya), then Mikami went ahead with it. The team (particularly Kamiya) backed them. I'm not sure where the supposed conflicting reasons come from. They've been pretty consistent with saying it's simply because the game wasn't that good. Nobody liked it.
                            Last edited by News Bot; 08-12-2011, 10:02 AM.
                            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                              According to Kamiya, the scrapping was decided by Noboru Sugimura and Mikami.

Sugimura suggested (some reports indicate he looked over the scenario written by Kamiya), then Mikami went ahead with it. The team (particularly Kamiya) backed them. I'm not sure where the supposed conflicting reasons come from. They've been pretty consistent with saying it's simply because the game wasn't that good. Nobody liked it.
                              I guess it was the scary factor. It wasn't that good for my opinion.
                              But the rest, it rocked.

Oh, how I wanted to CAPCOM see the things like 1.5.
                              "Not that scary" so they can stop releasing Action-FPS-Like bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by alinhoalisson View Post
                                I guess it was the scary factor. It wasn't that good for my opinion.
                                But the rest, it rocked.

Oh, how I wanted to CAPCOM see the things like 1.5.
                                "Not that scary" so they can stop releasing Action-FPS-Like bullshit.
                                The emphasis on action was only one reason they were unhappy with it. The game was just all-round unpolished and the story was bad, and it didn't do much to separate itself from the first game. Certain stuff (such as the armor) was removed because they wanted to put emphasis on running and surviving rather than running around looking for armor to increase health capacity.

And unfortunately the whole change of emphasis between horror and action is a result of a few things. The market was changing after 6 or 7 years and BIOHAZARD was still stuck in the same formula. BH0 was the last straw, it under-performed in sales and when it came to reviews, despite good scores, almost all of them reiterated how the formula was the same. It is harder to design a slow-paced horror game and have people enjoy it (and therefore, make money) than it is to create a bullet fest. Franchises like Call of Duty tap into this well with ease.
                                Last edited by News Bot; 08-12-2011, 02:41 PM.
                                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Working...
                                X