No announcement yet.

Resident Evil HD Revival New screens and vids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You'll just end up disappointed if you rely on Capcom. BELIEVE ME! I KNOW!!
    *Storms out of topic*

Comment

• ^What was that all about???
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Rod View Post
        Not much point getting an HD version if you have an SDTV, don't you think?
        I got it for the new lighting effects really as presumably it'll make it a more pretty enviroment, but all that's pretty usesless if the rest of the game is garbage. I'll just get an RGB cable for my 360 and play it like that. To be honest though, I wouldn't have minded waiting an extra 20 minutes to download a 5GB+ file with uncompressed audio...

Comment

• My Revival Selection disk arrived yesterday, playing some CV today on it.

Has anyone else been having issues picking some items up? You seem to have to be right on top of the thing and I swear to god it took me 10-15 minutes trying to pick up the letter in the locker the mouse jumps out from so I could press the button underneath it. I also had some major problems picking up some flame arrow kit on some metal crates on the turntable area as Chris.

It looks better overall, but the saturation looks like Wesker had a crack at it and the game has been darkened so badly in some areas items just vanish and I'm using memory from playing other versions to locate them. In the Steve trapped puzzle I could barely see the icons on the screens. The video sequences are ghastly to look at.

Also I've died 3 times now, twice from a Hunter leaping at me while I had full health and I just fell and died? It happened once with the Tyrant on the plane also, he rushed at me and hit me with a normal attack and I again just fell down and insta died from full health. I know his attacks do not do that much damage. Bugged?
          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiley View Post
            You'll just end up disappointed if you rely on Capcom. BELIEVE ME! I KNOW!!
            *Storms out of topic*
            WORD.

Comment

You'll just end up disappointed if you rely on Capcom. BELIEVE ME! I KNOW!!
              *Storms out of topic*
              I read this in Steve's voice perfectly.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                My Revival Selection disk arrived yesterday, playing some CV today on it.

Has anyone else been having issues picking some items up? You seem to have to be right on top of the thing and I swear to god it took me 10-15 minutes trying to pick up the letter in the locker the mouse jumps out from so I could press the button underneath it. I also had some major problems picking up some flame arrow kit on some metal crates on the turntable area as Chris.

It looks better overall, but the saturation looks like Wesker had a crack at it and the game has been darkened so badly in some areas items just vanish and I'm using memory from playing other versions to locate them. In the Steve trapped puzzle I could barely see the icons on the screens. The video sequences are ghastly to look at.

Also I've died 3 times now, twice from a Hunter leaping at me while I had full health and I just fell and died? It happened once with the Tyrant on the plane also, he rushed at me and hit me with a normal attack and I again just fell down and insta died from full health. I know his attacks do not do that much damage. Bugged?
                I never experienced that at all. The game to me plays as it always has.
                My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• All the things that KylieDog is experiencing is the same for me, odd...

Comment

• Oh wow... And here I was thinking the quality of Separate Ways was bad. The FMVs of Code Veronica X.... Must... Skip.... Them ALL!!!

Comment

• XD Right now I'm glad I could care less about HD re-releases.

Comment

• I enjoy what they did with the lighting in CVX. I was never a big fan of that predominate blue/purple haze over the PS2 version, and the darker tones bring Rockfort to life, IMO.

I'm glad to have both downloads, as they're only my second buy of the games. I'm midway through 4 and I'm looking forward to going through CVX again.

Comment

• The controls for RE4 really fucking suck.

Im having a pain doing those stupid bottlecap BS.

Comment

Oh wow... And here I was thinking the quality of Separate Ways was bad. The FMVs of Code Veronica X.... Must... Skip.... Them ALL!!!
                            Some aren't so bad, but others like Alexia awakening...urgh.
                            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Originally posted by Vito View Post
                              The controls for RE4 really fucking suck.

Im having a pain doing those stupid bottlecap BS.
                              LOL Yea, but doing them on the PS2 was also a pain because the controls were a bit wonky. On the Cube it was a bit better. The controls that is. But it was still hard because you had to drag the laser to each wodden target. And by the time you were aiming at it, it would go down fast.

On the Wii, though... I got all the caps on my first run of the game. Cuz you simply point and shoot. Its more natural the way you shoot at things.

BTW, that Destructoid review of CVX sure ripped the game a new one. I think the reviewer had mostly problems with the game not aging to well. It feels old and dated.
                              Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                              sigpic

Comment

• ^ I agree, the aiming is really really bad.

But i managed to do it. FINALLY.
                                Last edited by Vito; 09-28-2011, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X