No announcement yet.

Resident Evil HD Revival New screens and vids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow IGN didn't trash the HD upscale, but the whole game, as Eurogamer did.

Is it such a crime to think that I think CODE: Veronica is still as brilliant as I thought it was 10 years ago? Absolutely amazing.
    http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
    http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
    Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

• Does anyone else find CVX blurry as hell? Especially the FMV's. I think my Gamecube copy looks better??

Comment

• I have yet to try CVX, Im trying to get all the trophies for RE4 first.

Comment

• Originally posted by [STARS]TyranT View Post
          Wow IGN didn't trash the HD upscale, but the whole game, as Eurogamer did.

Is it such a crime to think that I think CODE: Veronica is still as brilliant as I thought it was 10 years ago? Absolutely amazing.
          No, but in discussions the idea would probably be written off as nostalgia. I actually grew quite fond of it the older I got, didn't care for it in the first couple of playthroughs.
          Last edited by GuardhouseMusic; 10-01-2011, 06:12 PM.

Comment

• The games are half off in PSN now....can't remember if it was just for Playstation Plus subscribers, though. I have + so I got it for $10. Money well spent <3

I have all the games except Gaiden but it is my duty to buy them when they come out on PSN....so I did, happily.

Team Chris Redfield<3

Comment

• So I finally got RE4 on Xbox.
              Got to admit that the game doesn't look THAT bad, actually it's decent for me, but I do agree there was little to no effort put to it. It's stupid that when you pick up ammo the boxes have low resolution textures, but when you examine them on your inventory, they have a hi-res texture (or at least it looks with detail).

Control scheme is fine for me. But man, how badly I need a sensitivity option for the stick. Fast aiming has become quite useful for me on 5 and Mercs 3D

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• Is the Code Veronica HD edited and censored for violence? No decapitation whatsoever?

Comment

• Originally posted by Joehrex View Post
                  Is the Code Veronica HD edited and censored for violence? No decapitation whatsoever?
                  Yes it is still censored.
                  My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by alinhoalisson View Post
                    I bought it.
                    What a deception.
                    It's not remastered, they just added some light effects on it.
                    20 bucks for nothing T_T
                    Do you even know what a remastering is? And no, it's not some "light effects on it", it's called a new lightning engine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Rod View Post
                      Do you even know what a remastering is? And no, it's not some "light effects on it", it's called a new lightning engine.
                      True. I think CVX looks really really good now. They should have used the Dreamcast version though. The textures on the Dreamcast version were better.
                      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Remastering = Improving visual quality.
                        The scenario and character models are still the same.
                        Nothing was remastered, only the menus.

Their body shapes still look squared as hell, and by far, the only difference really are the removal of Claire's teeth and the lightning engine or whatever.

EDIT

And by what I know, censoring it will not help.
                        Last edited by Guest; 10-05-2011, 11:34 PM.

Comment

• Um, no. The resolution output and aspect ratio have been upped from 640x480 and 4:3 to 1280x720 and 16:9. Isn't that improved enough?

Remastered =/= remake.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                            The textures on the Dreamcast version were better.
                            Are you sure about that?

Comment

Um, no. The resolution output and aspect ratio have been upped from 640x480 and 4:3 to 1280x720 and 16:9. Isn't that improved enough?

Remastered =/= remake.
                              Well, but for me, it wasn't improved enough.
                              If it is like this, I'd rather play my gamecube version, it's the same polygonal graphics.

EDIT

I'm not asking for a model change, I'm asking that they add filters to make a better quality, just like movie remastering do. Instead of leaving that awful-looking dreamcast graphics on HD.
                              Last edited by Guest; 10-06-2011, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by alinhoalisson View Post
                                I'm not asking for a model change, I'm asking that they add filters to make a better quality, just like movie remastering do. Instead of leaving that awful-looking dreamcast graphics on HD.
                                You're asking too much. We're talking of CAPCOM. They'll do as little as they can and collect their money. Sad but true.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Working...
                                X