Resident Evil HD Revival New screens and vids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
    You're asking too much. We're talking of CAPCOM. They'll do as little as they can and collect their money. Sad but true.
    And despite the fact that most of us are aware of that truth, here we are... first in line to give them our money.

And as long as we keep that up, Capcom will have no reason at all to change their ways. Why would they change their M.O.?

They will keep delivering hack jobs as long as we pay for them. And pay for 'em we do. In many ways too.
    Last edited by Pikminister; 10-06-2011, 04:12 PM.
    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
      Are you sure about that?
      I'm pretty sure. I have it on Dreamcast and I use the Sega VGA box to play it and when comparing the textures you can easily see they are sharper and more detailed. The NGC version also has similar textures and when you look at the PS2 version you can clearly see that the textures are blurred and compressed.
      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
        And despite the fact that most of us are aware of that truth, here we are... first in line to give them our money.

And as long as we keep that up, Capcom will have no reason at all to change their ways. Why would they change their M.O.?

They will keep delivering hack jobs as long as we pay for them. And pay for 'em we do. In many ways too.
        I agree. But I don't see many guys avoiding (paying for) their games. I admit, I bought RE4 because I got some REALLY cheap prepaid MSP cards, that made the game cost a LOT less. I wasn't gonna pay 25 bucks (Mexico's price for RE4 on Xbox) for a DLC.

As a fan, I try really hard to see things the good way, but there's no doubt that little to not effort was put into these ports (neither remakes nor remasters).

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• Have to disagree there. There was effort put into them (I'd say mostly on CV, as it was a in-house effort, the game even runs under the MT Framework). Just take a moment a compare both the original and the HD version (of course both in an HDTV). RE4 could have been better, especially the SW cutscenes :cry:, though it still looks good, much better than the other versions on an HDTV, which was their purpose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Rod View Post
            Have to disagree there. There was effort put into them (I'd say mostly on CV, as it was a in-house effort, the game even runs under the MT Framework). Just take a moment a compare both the original and the HD version (of course both in an HDTV). RE4 could have been better, especially the SW cutscenes :cry:, though it still looks good, much better than the other versions on an HDTV, which was their purpose.
            Fair enough. I can't talk about CV:X because I haven't got it yet. But RE4 has very easy to spot details that went straight to release (like picking ammo having low res textures... the fact that some of us won't see the pickup screen doesn't mean it has to be of bad quality ).

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• That was strange, I noticed that too, but I think it's minor compared to the atrocious quality of the SW cutscenes. That really put me off.

Comment

• I'm on the main game at the moment, haven't finished it yet... But as RE4 Wii had SW cutscenes as videos I expected this one to be in the same fashion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
                  I'm on the main game at the moment, haven't finished it yet... But as RE4 Wii had SW cutscenes as videos I expected this one to be in the same fashion.
                  Capcom is getting lazier more and more , since shinji left C(r)apcom .....
                  I would have loved to see the darkside claire and steve , monsters especially the tyrant and the updated models , sounds and places , it would have looked better in RE CV engine YAY !! , but that would never ever happen
                  Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
                  ^ Lol ...

Comment

• It's not a remake. I may not know much about the HD releases, but I'm not expecting any groundbreaking changes in model design.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiley View Post
                      It's not a remake. I may not know much about the HD releases, but I'm not expecting any groundbreaking changes in model design.
                      I know I know
                      i didnt mean a fully remake , or even an HD release , i said a simple model changes ....
                      Soo yeah Remake or whatever , this was just a dream as i said that wont happen

when you make a game run on HD while all other stuff is low-res (like textures) isnt enough to call it HD .... HD also goes with HD Textures , Models , Effects , Voices ..... Soo yeah That HD port was crappy at least for RE4 , CV wasn't that soo bad , the only thing that i liked was the dynamic shadow .... since nothing else was changed ..... bleh Just a name and running on HD (720P) And with the Blurry Effect ....
                      Last edited by Mrox2; 10-07-2011, 01:30 PM.
                      Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
                      ^ Lol ...

Comment

• I must say. Now played it properly, I love the new lighting in CODE: Veronica.

I much prefer the actual darkness to the artificial fog of the earlier versions. It forces you to use your lighter to see and adds no end to the atmosphere. Dare I say this is nigh on the definitive version of the game for me?! :O
                        http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                        http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                        Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by [STARS]TyranT View Post
                          I must say. Now played it properly, I love the new lighting in CODE: Veronica.

I much prefer the actual darkness to the artificial fog of the earlier versions. It forces you to use your lighter to see and adds no end to the atmosphere. Dare I say this is nigh on the definitive version of the game for me?! :O
                          Certainly is for me, I really like it and am enjoying it a lot more.

Comment

• Originally posted by [STARS]TyranT View Post
                            I must say. Now played it properly, I love the new lighting in CODE: Veronica.

I love the new lighting in BioCV. It really makes the game a lot more atmospheric. The suspended doll house area looks really nice and it very dark. Even the area on the outside of the palace looks intimidating while in the original version it was so bright and not moody. NOW the game is moody and darker than ever and all of this wrapped up in a HD release! Really I also am going to say it's the best version to me.

Also I never played the Easy mode on the Japanese versions and was wowed when I opened up the item box to find all the guns in it with plenty of ammo for each. Plus there's 20 B.O.W. grenades (there are normally only 2-3 in the whole game).
                            Last edited by Zombie_X; 10-07-2011, 05:18 PM.
                            My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Sigh, I wish the NA version had an easy mode that I could mess around with. I wanna launch gas grenades into EVERYTHING!
                              Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

• Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
                                Sigh, I wish the NA version had an easy mode that I could mess around with. I wanna launch gas grenades into EVERYTHING!
                                Well I do only live in Milwaukee so you could always come by and check out my collection.
                                My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Working...
                                X