No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry. I've been reading the entire thread before I even posted that.

Comment

• There is way too strong of a resemblance between Ashley and that blonde's voice to make me believe it's Sherry. Way too strong.

I think some people here need a refreshment

Comment

• Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
        There is way too strong of a resemblance between Ashley and that blonde's voice to make me believe it's Sherry. Way too strong.

I think some people here need a refreshment
        I did such comparisons for myself yesterday... and they convinced me that its the same dang voice actress that does voices for both characters: Carolyn Lawrence.

If its confirmed that in fact that blonde is Sherry and that the same voice actress is giving her a voice... its gonna be incredibly distracting hauling that blonde's ass in RE6. Sounding the same as Ashley and having to work with her or whatever.

I dunno why they did that... employing the same voice actress with such a unique and easily identifiable voice. For such an ICONIC character!
        Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
        sigpic

Comment

• I honestly can't see how it could not be Ashley. The trailer opens up with Leon shooting her zombified father. That gives her a reason alone to actually be doing something in this game. Then, as others have said, just listen to her voice. It's the same voice actor as Ashley from RE4. That clip CODE_umb87 posted proves it. I'm pretty sure IGN is just speculating that it's Sherry and nothing more. Last I checked, wasn't Sherry in the hands of the U.S. government in Darkside? Why would she be running around with a mercenary/Alex Wesker? Of course for Ashley, I could at least see wanting to get revenge for her father or something.

Hell, if its not Ashley, I'll be pissed. As much as I'd like to see Sherry return, I think Ashley makes more sense, no?
          Last edited by Spera01; 01-20-2012, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• Honestly why does it have to be Ashley simply because the voice actor is the same? For one, I'd think Ashley would have more of a chance getting stuck in the outbreak like her father. That's a hell of a lot more believable than her becoming a companion for a merc that could be our mysterious Alex Wesker. I always hated the idea of both Sherry and Ashley coming back as newly formed ass kickers. Am I sad to see Sherry return (if the source is actually legit)? I'd rather actually learn about the situation. If Sherry is just being shoehorned in because fans wont stop bitching, then no...I wont be happy.

As far as gameplay goes...duel wielding weapons will be nothing new. CV, anyone? Oh wait...people hated that game.
            sigpic
            Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

• Don't get me wrong, it makes absolutely no sense at all for Ashley to be with that guy protecting him and all in the midst of the outbreak. If that guy really is Alex Wesker, or has some sort of ties with Wesker, it would make way more sense for the blonde to be Sherry. Him and Sherry could possibly have some sort of past perhaps...maybe explaining her whereabouts in the past years?

Either way, I noticed that in one rather quick scene during the trailer, it looked like the bald guy (or someone) had their hand behind her coat covered in blood. I could be mistaken though.

Spoiler:

Comment

• New screenshots:

Attached Files
                Last edited by Biohazard 1995; 01-21-2012, 12:00 AM.

Comment

• I'm getting a serious case of deja vu with all this blonde girl speculation. I'm starting to think Capcom tease a blonde in each trailer without any confirmation solely to get the fan base worked up as much as we do! We've had this when the first screenshot of Leon holding that photo in RE4 was released, when the flash of blonde Jill in the tube opening her eyes in the RE5 teaser and also when the blonde in black dress was noticed in the background of one of the first RE5 wallpapers. I would personally love to see Sherry's return to the series but can't help feel that Claire should be somewhat involved in her reappearance. In relation to this actual trailer, I must admit that on first viewing , the voice immediately made me think Ashley. I'm just going to remain open minded until Capcom officially name her. I have been wrong before!

Comment

• I'm gonna laugh so hard if it is neither Sherry nor Ashley, but a brand new character that no one will care about.
                    Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bertha View Post
                      Honestly why does it have to be Ashley simply because the voice actor is the same?
                      I don't think it makes much sense to hire the same voice actor, not when she played a mayor role in RE4. It's like saying that it will be ok if the hire Alyson Court to play a secondary character that it's not Clare in RE7 that it's not Clare. Don't make any sense, at least not in my view.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie View Post
                        I don't think it makes much sense to hire the same voice actor
                        Why not? MGS did it.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                          I remember when Sherry was confirmed from a 'source' for RE5.
                          Bit different when it comes from a source that has actually gotten everything right so far.
                          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• The Facebook page for Operation Raccoon City confirms the blond girl is Ashley.

Comment

• Brilliant! I love these Sherry coming back to the series guessing games!

It's like Resident Evil 4 "Ashley Graham is clearly Sherry under witness protection program! She even had to change the colour of her eyes through contact lenses!" Was my particular favourite of that era.

Resident Evil 5 was all about Sherry obviously being the girl in the tube, which even I thought was true and spent ages speculating about, haha.

Looks like Capcom has finally listened to us all.. perhaps... who knows - probably be Ashley after all this time again.
                              http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                              http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                              Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake View Post
                                Since this game takes place before 5, I fully expect to see a cameo of either Albert Wesker or Jill.
                                Also, I am betting that the main antagonist is Ada. She is called the "Bitch in the red dress" after all. Really, only Leon seems to even hold any affection for her. She's an interesting character, but the whole "Mouse and cat" flirting game she plays with Leon is getting boring. I'm hoping to see her real death, with Leon or Chris delivering the blow.
                                I asked DC Douglas on Twitter if he had any involvement with RE6. He told me he isn't in, so unless they changed the VO again for Wesker, that's pretty much confirmation that he won't appear on RE6.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Working...
                                X