No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope this guy posts Jake's demo and full intro.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeefWellington View Post
      Thank you!

I can't be the only one who's not impressed by these videos. The more I see of this game, the more it looks like a big blockbuster movie and the less it looks like an actual game. There seem to be far too many scripted cinematic elements and QTEs to make this fun on a repeat playthough (the QTE where Leon has to actually press buttons to pry a door open is an absolute low point), and I'm really disappointed by the lack of exploration.

A good story in a game isn't something that I mind, but good gameplay is what I play games for. I want to play a game, not watch a movie.

On a side note, why did the guy who did these videos feel it necessary to include his face blocking a good portion of the screen? How annoying. Hell, so was the commentary.

Originally posted by shanemurphy View Post
      interactive cutscenes are better then just very long cutscenes.
      I completely disagree. "Playing" through cutscenes has always been boring to me; remember the Krauser knife fight? On repeat playthroughs, it would be a lot easier to skip the cutscene and get back to the actual gameplay, but with this kind of thing you can't really do that.
      Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

• Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
        On a side note, why did the guy who did these videos feel it necessary to include his face blocking a good portion of the screen? How annoying. Hell, so was the commentary.
        It seems to be a de facto standard for these type of live commentary playthroughs.
        Last edited by MiLØ; 07-29-2012, 11:42 PM.

Comment

• Well we know who is writing the story now.

Last edited by News Bot; 07-30-2012, 07:45 AM.
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Hey guys, just wanted to share this, the same guy has put up a video showing the E3 Jake demo

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Call me crazy but this must be a newer build then the E3 one, I noticed more effects and I'm not sure but the blood from Ustanak's first victim seems more gory.

You will notice the lumps of flesh ripping from the Javo's body like the Zombies aswell.

Can anyone else see the improvements and additions in this video?

Comment

• Saw the j'avo showing more damage when shot, still dont like how their bodies disappear in this game though. The red sparkles that burst from the bodies remind me of this crap.

:54 seconds into this vid, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Comment

• Is more like vampires in the Blade movie.
                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Is a strange and out place choice in my opinion.rather they did the melting into slime bit they used in the past 2 games.
                  Last edited by Wrathborne; 07-30-2012, 04:42 PM.

Comment

• Interesting...

Resident Evil 6 will let players experience survival horror from a different perspective. Detailed in Famitsu this week, the game has a new "Agent Hunt" mode which lets you play as a creature out to attack the main characters.

Different from the series' Mercenaries mode, Agent Hunt is integrated into the main game. Once you've cleared the game, you'll be able to set an option to open some stages to Agent Hunt play. This will allow other players to play as the creatures in certain stages. When another player has entered the stage as a creature, you'll be alerted, although you won't be told which creature is human controlled.

Multiple creatures can team up to attack a single player, using voice chat to communicate and strategize.

Comment

• Who wants to bet this is the unlockable mode they told us about (beating all campaigns) and the 4TH campaign is really Disk Lock Content, >.>

Comment

• Agent Hunt= Versus mode from L4d.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
                          Interesting...

Resident Evil 6 will let players experience survival horror from a different perspective. Detailed in Famitsu this week, the game has a new "Agent Hunt" mode which lets you play as a creature out to attack the main characters.

Different from the series' Mercenaries mode, Agent Hunt is integrated into the main game. Once you've cleared the game, you'll be able to set an option to open some stages to Agent Hunt play. This will allow other players to play as the creatures in certain stages. When another player has entered the stage as a creature, you'll be alerted, although you won't be told which creature is human controlled.

Multiple creatures can team up to attack a single player, using voice chat to communicate and strategize.

http://andriasang.com/con23s/re6_agent_hunt/
                          I personally love versus mode in L4D and (hell, almost everything else its in) and have always wanted to play as a zombie in RE. I remember I bought Outbreak, being so excited that I could finally play as a zombie and hunt down other players.... That was until I realized that it only happens online and I was majorly disappointed. I've also always wanted a mercenaries mode where you could play as the creatures instead of the characters. I'm really interested in this, wonder what B.O.W.s you'll be able to play as?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vito View Post
                            Who wants to bet this is the unlockable mode they told us about (beating all campaigns) and the 4TH campaign is really Disk Lock Content, >.>
                            We should be finding out at Gamescom. They're pretty much confirmed to be scheduled to announce "something" about Ada there.
                            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                              Agent Hunt= Versus mode from L4d.
                              From what I understand, it's much closer to the game "Mindjack". A terrible game but a brilliant gameplay idea.

Comment

• Some brief footage of the mode and 4th scenario on IGN.

Comment

Working...
                                X