Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil: Retribution (Trailer 6-14-12)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
    She doesn't. Already fits a Vasquez role type. Which includes being less feminine than the lead actress, ethnic, smart assed and of course always killed.

In fact seems TVtropes agrees with me. First quote on the trope is from Michelle. Lol

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...quezAlwaysDies
    Michelle Rodriguez complete career is pretty much playing that role, though.

This trope could just as easily be called "Michelle Rodriguez", since she frequently plays characters like this who usually get killed off at some point.
    See? In fact seems TVtropes agrees with me.

Comment

Yeah but the reason it's not is James Cameron did it first with Vasquez. Therefor we would question if she would even have a career without that character type not existing. No Vazquez character, no type, no need for Michelle Rodriguez.

Seeing as the first RE film was basically Aliens with zombies, Paul WS Anderson seems to agree. Hah
      Last edited by Rombie; 06-15-2012, 06:54 PM.

Comment

I seriously cannot fathom Leon's chin. Cannot fathom it.

Comment

Thank goodness I'm not the only one. The face just seems....off. They somehow managed to get his hair, yet the face just doesnt work.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
            Not all directors explain every detail in their own films. Not trying to justify the movies, but given how Nemesis, the tyrant and Alice (as well as her clones) were "made" from the last three movies I can easily write off Anderson combining the parasites as something that came from the virus. His "majini" are just zombies with plagas qualities. I prefer to call them gopher zombies myself given how they tunnel their way below ground.

Injecting parasites in the clones though is a new thing. I don't know what will happen.
            I know you're not trying to highly defend or justify the film, but it's really just such a hack piece of work. I would be compliaining about the same things though even if it was a different film and director. I'm not trying to say all things in all films need to be explained, but the sudden shift to a change in zombie mow having a split face and a giant guy with an axe just won't make any sense to anyone who hasnt played RE5 watching the films, and even to those who had, you're still like "why the fuck have these turned up now all of a sudden?"

There is suspencion of belief and explination, but those events in afterlife are so inanely random and ham fisted attempts to put "something cool" in from the games (as i suspect the bikes thing will be this time around) it actually breaks focus for the audience. You don't want this in a film, especially one that is supposed to be a reasonably brainless action flick.
            Last edited by Rombie; 06-15-2012, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrant Rose View Post
              I seriously cannot fathom Leon's chin. Cannot fathom it.
              Originally posted by Drake View Post
              Thank goodness I'm not the only one. The face just seems....off. They somehow managed to get his hair, yet the face just doesnt work.
              His face reminds me of the guy who played 006 in Goldeneye. XD Just not right...
              sigpic

Comment

Does anyone here watch adventure time?
                Alice/milla reminds me of lumpy space princess. Anyone else?

Comment

Wait, was that Leon? Wait, was that Ada? Wait, was that Jill? Wait, was... ah fuck this shit.
                  Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

Originally posted by AsteroidBlues View Post
                    His face reminds me of the guy who played 006 in Goldeneye. XD Just not right...
                    You mean Sean Bean? THE Sean Bean? That guy can't hold a candle to Sean Bean.

Anyway, I had a dream last night where I was hanging out with Milla, trying to explain the nuances of the RE fandom to her. Needless to say, she was having none of it.

Comment

Everything about the trailer for this looks terrible, the concept, the clones, it all seems so . . . cheap and lazy. Even Jills battle suit looks like it was knocked together in an hour, there's no texture or detail to it wasn't her suit better than that at the end of the last one? Anderson and his equally talentless wife should've been removed from this series after the second one. The first one was average the second failed to deliver and the rest just gelled into one long drawn out pile of grey. They didn't do anything interesting or entertaining and yet somehow they still get made. They have long since alienated the fans of the games and aren't even bad enough to be a guilty pleasure. I'd rather watch someone play through any of the RE Games on YouTube that even consider going to see this. I don't even think I'll rent this or even pick it up from the bargain bin 12 months from now . . .

The feedback from Capcom might've been "Try Harder" they even sent him a t-shirt and he didn't get the message. Maybe it's the language barrier.

"Mr Anderson we got some feedback from Capcom."
                      "What does it say"
                      "We don't know, none of us speak Japanese"
                      "Well they must've loved it look how short the message was"
                      "がんばれ, がんばれ!!"

EDIT:
                      Originally posted by Drake View Post
                      Does anyone here watch adventure time?
                      Alice/milla reminds me of lumpy space princess. Anyone else?
                      HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Jill suit:
                      Aftershite:

Retricraption:

RE5:

The control thing you need to TEAR OUT HER CHEST looks like a fucking clasp on the suit . . .
                      Last edited by Rancid Cheese; 06-16-2012, 01:19 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks the battle suit looks completely cheesy as fuck compared to the cosplayer in my sig?

All I could care about in this film is if they brought in Ian "Ser Jorah" Glen again.
                        Last edited by valentinesdead?; 06-16-2012, 01:04 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

**EDIT**

Sorry about the doulbe post. The quick reply is screwed up today or something.
                          Last edited by valentinesdead?; 06-16-2012, 01:06 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid Cheese View Post
                            HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

*image won't load for me, but it's rancid's pic of movie Jill from the post above*
                            What is that? Who is that? Who thought... where did they.... WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING THIS, ANDERSON?!?!?!

Originally posted by valentinesdead? View Post

Sorry about the doulbe post. The quick reply screwed up today or something.
                            You're just a double posting phenom, today.
                            Last edited by AsteroidBlues; 06-16-2012, 01:09 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

I wonder how long it will be before Anderson and/or Milla insist that Leon and Chris' designs in Resident Evil 6 were intended to reflect their respective movie counterparts.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                                I wonder how long it will be before Anderson and/or Milla insist that Leon and Chris' designs in Resident Evil 6 were intended to reflect their respective movie counterparts.
                                lol The moment that Anderson, in his "try harder" footy pajamas while eating cherry cheesecake ice cream on his couch, reads your post and makes a panicky phone call to the nearest news outlet to interview him about this movie. XD
                                Last edited by AsteroidBlues; 06-16-2012, 01:22 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X