Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty sure it's a 1.5-exclusive track. It wasn't reused in retail.
    Seibu teh geimu?
    ---

Comment

• No no, RETAIL 2 song, when they move the SWAT truck

Comment

• Last edited by Darkside05; 11-14-2012, 12:36 AM.
        Zombies...zombies everywhere...

Comment

• Thanks! Man I looked forever! Would work good for meeting (Linda) Ada for the first time, assuming this wasn't already from 1.5
          Last edited by Darkness; 11-14-2012, 01:40 AM.

Comment

• Here's the RE15 RPD 1F South Office backgrounds, from the 2012 Halloween video
            Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
            Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• I remember hearing that Roy or DJ was scrapped from the first builds of 1.5
              Why exactly were there so many versions..
              And contradictory to producer comments by Capcom. If they wanted to use Claire to link the story to Chris, then why change all the backgrounds and storyline.
              Obviously, Umbrella was being investigated in 1.5 and this meant any future games might not have happened - No Umbrella, no sequels.
              I wonder why they couldn't just change some details about Umbrella and put Claire into 1.5 originally? Capcom make no sense.

And why kill off Marvin and Robert (John in 1.5) so early on in RE2 - why couldn't they survive as originally intended.. maybe it was their was of killing the proto.
              "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
                I remember hearing that Roy or DJ was scrapped from the first builds of 1.5
                Why exactly were there so many versions..
                And contradictory to producer comments by Capcom. If they wanted to use Claire to link the story to Chris, then why change all the backgrounds and storyline.
                Obviously, Umbrella was being investigated in 1.5 and this meant any future games might not have happened - No Umbrella, no sequels.
                I wonder why they couldn't just change some details about Umbrella and put Claire into 1.5 originally? Capcom make no sense.

And why kill off Marvin and Robert (John in 1.5) so early on in RE2 - why couldn't they survive as originally intended.. maybe it was their was of killing the proto.
                A) False rumor, no idea where that even would have originated. There was never any footage or even mention of Roy until Inflames's pictures. Doesn't mean he wasn't in earlier builds, or at least planned for them. Sounds like misguided or misunderstood misinformation or speculation to me.

B) Storyline probably changed less than expected and was more re-written in a polished way, only changing a few necessities. Writing out John and Marvin were likely because they served little purpose to the story, as they were essentially unimportant side-characters. With the redesign of the story and direction towards future marketability, they trimmed it down for simplicity. Especially with the endings. Sure, RE1 as a game has a no-canon ending scenario as they all either miss Barry or Rebecca, but when adapting the ending of RE2 to something more mainstream and followable (since it all essentially boils down to Leon, Claire, and Sherry in the train, no matter how the events unfold), it would be difficult to create an A/B scenario structure if they still wanted to retain the original idea of actions effecting lives/death of the sub-characters. So I would say it honestly was mostly just for simplicity to just write out and/or kill unessential weak characters early on. As cool and interesting the idea of wondering what Marvin and John contributed to the story and overall feel of 1.5 is, they were essentially unnecessary (as RE2 retail shows).
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
                  Technically most of the RE games would still exist even with 1.5 being part of the canon story. RE3 would still make sense, since it's supposed to take place right before RE2, RE4 with Leon being a secret agent would still be doable as Elza wouldn't be part of it and Umbrella was finished (as stated in the intro), same for RE5. Maybe we'd have a Code Elzonica X with Elza trying to find her brother Kristos or whatever. 1.5 wouldn't have killed much. CAPCOM isn't very good at lying, but no idea what's the reason to do so.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                  , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• "Sequels" was a very, very minor reason behind 1.5 being scrapped and wasn't actually a real problem (as Gemini has pointed out), Okamoto just wanted the series to be bigger. The scenario of 1.5 itself just wasn't any good. He didn't bring in a professional screenwriter just to give it a more open-ended backdrop, he was brought in because the script had problems and what Kamiya was writing was more of a pale duplication of Iwao's work on BH1, but in a city. Kamiya and Mikami aren't very good writers despite being great directors, and losing Iwao left them with no other real writer to depend on.

Also, Umbrella wasn't "gone" in 1.5. They received the whole business suspension thing earlier on, but they were still very active. And in BH2, they were still somewhat implicated but as a result of better storytelling, they were able to circumvent responsibility.
                    Last edited by News Bot; 11-14-2012, 09:28 AM.
                    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Anyone know what's the real first beta of Resident Evil 2(not 1.5, just RE 2 beta 1)??

Comment

• Originally posted by PROTOBOY View Post
                        Anyone know what's the real first beta of Resident Evil 2(not 1.5, just RE 2 beta 1)??
                        Uhhh...Beta 1...

Comment

• Yes I wanted to ask what's the differences between beta 1, beta 2 and beta 3??

Comment

• Beta 1 - look at the original PlayStation version of the RE2 Trial. There's also some videos of early trailers on line. Essentially an early version of the RE2 RPD grafted onto the back half of RE15. Transition from RE15 to RE2 is very much in flux at this point; lots of RE15 code and concepts still in Beta 1. How much ... nobody really knows, save from what's in the videos, the Trial, and a few other surviving stills and clips. Common belief is that this "beta" - if it ever really was one, in the true sense - was hacked together for the trade shows, then served as the basis for the Trial. Even the ported PC version of the Trial has significant differences from RE2 retail hidden under the lid, if you look hard enough. The RE15 levels were excised from both versions of the Trial; however, there are a few interesting leftovers - lots of later stage backgrounds, and even a few isolated rooms. Both the PSM and PC versions of the Trial are available online - it's probably as close as we'll ever get to beta 1 barring a miracle.

Beta 2 - available online

Beta 3 - availalble online
                            Last edited by RMandel; 11-14-2012, 03:03 PM.
                            Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
                            Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• It existed, whether its out in the wild is another totally different story. Those videos with claire running around with the 1.5 mp5 SMG are the main clue, beta1 probably had leon and claire on 1 disc still at that stage
                              Last edited by Darkness; 11-14-2012, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                                Uhhh...Beta 1...
                                Beta 1 from what we've seen yes there is most likely a ton other beta "versions" that came out before beta 1 i'd bet.

Comment

Working...
                                X