Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
    Only Beta 2 is available online. I think Beta 3 is the name given to the Claire disk which has more debugging functions available. It's apparently a later build than Beta 2. A few pictures of it are still up on IGN, but the disk itself hasn't been leaked and isn't up for download anywhere.
    I always assumed those images were from Beta 1, I've never actually heard of a "Beta 3" before...

Comment

• Originally posted by Vixtro View Post
      I always assumed those images were from Beta 1, I've never actually heard of a "Beta 3" before...
      So do I, but this version from ign dates 3 weeks before the retail release, its mostly likely a preview disc or a final build/release candidate with a debug.
      Last edited by pato; 11-15-2012, 06:28 AM.

Comment

• Not to mention that the stuffed bear in Chief Iron's torture chamber is apparently missing in beta 3. It was only present in the earlier builds, iirc.
        Last edited by biohazard_star; 11-15-2012, 07:20 AM.
        Seibu teh geimu?
        ---

Comment

• I've heard rumors that RE2 beta 1 did not exist at all. Snapshots were PSed from RE2 beta2. I could not remember exactly where I heard that, sorry.
          ------祸福无门,人自召之。
          ------People themselves call for camalities and blessings.

Comment

• The whole beta 1-3 thing is really such a misleading and erroneous thing. It all started with the beta that we all know of, the Leon/Leon R one. It was just the beta at the time. Then White Umbrella, I believe, posted the (now known as fake) screenshots from an earlier beta that they supposedly had almost obtained but the source disappeared. Because of this and before they were shown as fake, the WU exclusive stuff became "beta 1" while the common/more well known one became "beta 2". Not only because the WU stuff was obviously pre-beta 2, but also because people weren't as scrutinous then (and also, lack of access to material back in those days) simply saw it as two betas and labeled them as such. The problem with such direct numbering is that it causes the very confusion going on a little now. As others have pointed out, there could be many builds that were made during development and from magazines and available and supposed builds, there's easily up to 4-5 countable retail RE2 betas with differences seen, depending on also if you want to count the trial edition or not. The thing is, there's no beta 1. There could be a May '97 build, a July 5 and July 17th build, ect. all dated pre-beta 2. All of them can't be "beta 1". This is why I deviated from such designations with the 1.5 "eras". Collected various identifiable versions and lumped them in together in a general timeframe/design. i.e. - If one day were found a Sept 13 '96 and Sept 20 '96 builds of 1.5, where let's just say they were first implementing Elza and had removed the civ. jacket Leon but the only major differences were a couple of enemy placements, a box of bullets were moved, and you could enter a new room, then both builds would really still be in the Era 2 designation and you'd just call the build by their dates. However, using the retail beta numbering, if we had a August 31, Oct 20, and November 27 build that we originally labeled 1, 2, and 3. Then one day found a Sept 17 one, you'd have to shift the numbers around and it would cause confusion and it's likely many people wouldn't get the information.
            sigpic

Comment

• For all we know there could be like around 50, maybe even a 100 different pressed copies of RE2 beta's, each with changes to the game no matter how slight.

I always assumed the "Beta 1" and "Beta 2" names only spurred because of actual betas leaked outside of Capcom. We all know and have Beta 2, but I'm starting to really doubt there is a build we can call Beta 1 since there hasn't been any concrete evidence that such a build exists outside of Capcom's hands. Unlike 1.5 of which we have seen vast media to easily suggest at least 1 build (2 - if you count Kim's lost source from '99) of the game is out there in private hands.

Say; 2 different betas of RE2 popped up in public, both earlier than our current Beta 2, that would mean Beta 2 would then be called Beta 3 right? Like Alzaire said, if we did start to get multiple RE2 beta leaks (one can dream! ), our current way of naming betas would be rendered ridiculous and have to change.

Comment

• Sadly, contrary to 1.5, we don't have much informations about "eras" concerning games like RE 2 or 3.

Comment

• Alzaire, you should do a wikipedia page and marking down all your observations....
                  ja i am made of dur butter and you are worth 2k monies

Comment

• Originally posted by Alzaire View Post
                    Then White Umbrella, I believe, posted the (now known as fake) screenshots from an earlier beta that they supposedly had almost obtained but the source disappeared. Because of this and before they were shown as fake, the WU exclusive stuff became "beta 1" while the common/more well known one became "beta 2".

Jerome covered the general beta 1 / beta 2 "era" stuff in another thread ages ago, I think. ('Cause, ultimately, those labels came from survivhor, iirc).

As for the bit about WU there, that's incorrect. Those pics most people associate with the "beta 1" label were originally sent by someone to TRG (The Right Game).

Comment

• I'm just gonna say the Biohazard 2 Trial Disc predates the "Beta 2" prototype by several months.

The files date back to July/August 1997.
                      If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

Comment

• At least the ones we've seen in the media and public domain, the different eras of development I know of are as follows:

Era 1

Beta 1 - 1.5 hybrid footage, era with reversed evidence room, licker head decapitation and other differences.

Trial Edition - Same era as the hybrid footage, but a hacked up version of that code.

Beta "2" - Many videos and magazine photos depict a different build with similarities to beta 1 but a lot further in development, with much of the sewers playable and the scenes with Ben. This build is a transitional build between the two major eras of development.

Era 2

Beta 2 (beta "3") - Leon A/Leon B build, both characters are separated onto both discs, game is nearing final development states.

Beta 3 (beta "4") - Claire A/Claire B build, same era as the Leon build but contains content closer to final.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                          Jerome covered the general beta 1 / beta 2 "era" stuff in another thread ages ago, I think. ('Cause, ultimately, those labels came from survivhor, iirc).

As for the bit about WU there, that's incorrect. Those pics most people associate with the "beta 1" label were originally sent by someone to TRG (The Right Game).
                          I didn't come with these names, someone else did - don't remember who. And yeah, the fake "beta 1" picts come from TRG, not WU.
                          I explained the RE2 beta 1/2 mess here (5 years ago! Funny how some problems keep coming back):

I do agree with Alzaire, thought; we should use the beta's dates + area instead of "names" to label them. This would prevent [any further] confusion.
                          Last edited by imacwesker; 11-15-2012, 03:03 PM.
                          Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

Comment

• Sorry, I got old TRG and WU confused sometimes.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Just noticed capcom reused a buttload of 1.5 tracks on the 4th survivor.

Comment

• People, i have this issue about the Beta 3..., the Claire sceneario, why is not avaible? Anyway, i read in a forum, maybe bioflames, that in the Trial Version was a Invisible Door that leads to the 1.5 rooms, but i've never found that Door... is just a lie or is not?

Comment

Working...
                                X