Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by drunkdog View Post
    Leon using grenades and showing the animations/explosion
    That was a real page-turner...

Comment

Well, in the video i'v posted, the game does not freeze when using them on the zombies.
      You didn't really hit any of them though.
      Seibu teh geimu?
      ---

Comment

• The game still doesn't freeze when they are hit by them though. For me the zombies just fall over dead like you shot them. It's most likely the animation is not yet done.
        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
          The game still doesn't freeze when they are hit by them though. For me the zombies just fall over dead like you shot them. It's most likely the animation is not yet done.
          It freezes every single time I actually hit them, unless they are crawling. If you could make a video of the grenade hitting them while they're walking without any freezing, that'd be great.
          Seibu teh geimu?
          ---

Comment

• I'll capture some footage sometime down the road.
            My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Well, in the video i'v posted, the game does not freeze when using them on the zombies.
              That's because it didn't hit them.
              When they invade the station and the granede hits them, the game freezes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                That was a real page-turner...

Ha ha, the page change sound caught me off guard at first.

Originally posted by alinhoalisson View Post
                That's because it didn't hit them.
                When they invade the station and the granede hits them, the game freezes.
                What do you mean it didn't hit them?... Go to 25 seconds. There are certain rooms where it does freeze the game though, that goes for pretty much every weapon. I think mostly death blows.
                Last edited by Guest; 03-12-2013, 08:20 PM.

Comment

What do you mean it didn't hit them?... Go to 25 seconds. There are certain rooms where it does freeze the game though, that goes for pretty much every weapon. I think mostly death blows.
                  Dude, the grenades only work when they are EXTREMELLY CLOSE to the enemies. If the grenade did hit the zombies, they would've died.
                  I've tested them with the dogs, and even when they were really close to them, it did nothing. See this on 4:50:
                  Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• I can see why the grenades were scrapped from the game. It's just too hard to hit an enemy with them, as evidenced by drunkdog's video. I hope the team modifies their effective range to be wider, otherwise they're next to useless.
                    Seibu teh geimu?
                    ---

Comment

• Grenades are powerful in a small area but not for a wide shot, if that makes sense. They should kill a zombie if they are within a few feet of them or severely damaged them.
                      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• I think that if the grenades were too powerful or easy to use, it would be a tension-breaker when being surrounded by a horde of zombies. I feel they're fine the way they (should) work as they do now in the final game because they introduce a bit of 'should I or shouldn't I use this?' aspect since using a grenade leaves you completely vulnerable to attack if it doesn't connect with the enem(ies). If the grenade blast radius was larger, you could just rely on using them all of the time without much worry.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                          Grenades are powerful in a small area but not for a wide shot, if that makes sense. They should kill a zombie if they are within a few feet of them or severely damaged them.
                          Pretty much. The problem with the current blast radius is that only enemies which are within a half feet radius from where the grenade is thrown get affected by it, which is absurd. Aiming with it is also very restrictive because of the fixed trajectories. Every single kill I have gotten by using it was achieved by aiming down, since aiming forward and up ends up making the grenades land too far away from the intended location. It's easy to think that it's a fun weapon to use since the debug menu allows you to spam your inventory with it by the 50's. But in a proper game setting, you'll probably be getting them in limited packs of 6, half of which will be wasted in frustration, trying to hit a single enemy with it.

Try limiting yourself to 6-12 grenades and see how many legless zombies/gorillas/spider men you can kill with those, without using save states or the inventory debug menu. I doubt anyone would fare very good with it.
                          Seibu teh geimu?
                          ---

Comment

• What!? What is this? Hope this isn't Chris' blood...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Marvj.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	402726

Comment

• the game is freezing for me when using toher weapons other than the handgun, can any1 suggest what i should do to fix this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Somnius View Post
                                What!? What is this? Hope this isn't Chris' blood...
                                Watch out, it's a monster!

Click image for larger version

Name:	media door.png
Views:	1
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	402727

the game is freezing for me when using toher weapons other than the handgun, can any1 suggest what i should do to fix this?
                                You use save states for when they freeze or don't use the other weapons at all. It's an early stage prototype, lots of things are broken. The team will fix all of the bugs in their final release though.
                                Last edited by biohazard_star; 03-13-2013, 10:25 AM.
                                Seibu teh geimu?
                                ---

Comment

Working...
                                X