Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D.Birkin View Post

Sneak preview.
    Gorgeous!

---

Mr. Mandel, the link is invalid...

---

Originally posted by weskerondope View Post
    hello ladies and gentlemen, im new here, but i have been following this thread since the leak though
    i dont know if this is the right place to introduce myself, so ill skip that

i would like to say im amazed with what drbirkin and bzork and all their friends are up to here
    its really a nice thing to do for us old school resident evil fans
    i even think magic zombie door is more fun to play than revelations (i guess the series lost its edge a bit)
    and im very much looking forward to the final release of this

allthough there are some things i dont understood
    are you guys creating your own rooms in this game?
    (just wanna make it clear that i tottaly dont mind if you do, i trust your judgement)
    if so are you creating your own backgrounds and stuff?
    and if so, could someone tell me a few rooms from magic zombie door that are made by bzork team?
    would like to compare, cause all the rooms i have seen looks tottaly like they where originals

one more thing
    when i play this on my ps1 the game starts to lag very very much, like it slows down, but not on my ps2 though
    is there a logical explenation or is it just my ps1 laser dying on me, im slightly worried about it, love my consoles
    Welcome!

These questions have been answered here ad infinitum, so if there are no objections, I'll take the liberty of answering them again.

While Capcom had already drafted the game's entire layout by the time of the Team's raw build (featuring rooms whose specific dimensions and door placements are known to us through the help of official maps), a fair number of the backgrounds themselves are indeed the Team's own recreations; most of these are informed by existing public media, however, and are thus quite faithful to the original designs (or educated guesses at worst). As far as I know, the Team has thus far only been recreating rooms for the RPD chapter. Below is a quick list of the rooms that they are responsible for recreating in the Police Station (italicised rooms are not present in the MZD build in any form):

3F - 3F Corridor (no official media), 3F Lift Hall, Conference Room
    2F - 2F Corridor, 2F Lift Hall, Medical Room (no official media), Media Room (no official media), Radio Room (no official media)
    1F - East Corridor (no official media), North & South Interrogation Rooms, West Stairwell (no official media), East Stairwell, Elevator Car
    B1 - B1 Corridor (both light and dark versions), Kennel
    B2 - Boiler Room

So, out of 40 rooms in the Police Station (if you count the two versions of the B1 Corridor as separate rooms for the purpose of tallying background recreations), the Team will have made 18 from scratch, or 45% (a third of which have interiors that have never seen the light of day––not including the Interrogation Rooms which were only revealed to us in a less-than-helpful untextured form––and thus these backgrounds (15%) must be wrought from educated guesses).

Comment

• I get the feeling if you make the right decisions to save Marvin (whatever they are) he might help your during the final battle and of coarse a different ending.

Edit: I don't know if Linda survives but from what I understand her or Annette burn down the lab as a way of repenting for their sins maybe this is why capcom felt it was way to conclusive...but capcom knows how to make a sequel to anything since RE5 was also very conclusive imo
      Last edited by Deathlygasm; 04-02-2013, 07:23 AM.

Comment

• thanks for the answers,
        man these guys really have talent,
        i wish more people would create games like the old resident evil
        i just love the way pre rendered backgrounds looked during the ps1 era

Comment

• I think that saving Marvin/Sherry is obrigatory.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
            I get the feeling if you make the right decisions to save Marvin (whatever they are) he might help your during the final battle and of coarse a different ending.

Edit: I don't know if Linda survives but from what I understand her or Annette burn down the lab as a way of repenting for their sins maybe this is why capcom felt it was way to conclusive...but capcom knows how to make a sequel to anything since RE5 was also very conclusive imo
            They could have always made 3 pretty much the same, playing as Jill as she is chased by Nemesis. Considering they made 6 after I thought 5 was the final game, I agree, they definitely could have found a way to make another game. Although in 2's ending ("It's up to us to take out Umbrella!") it made it open.

Comment

• Originally posted by D.Birkin View Post

Hopefully this will answer future questions. It has been like this for a while. It is only missing an entry in CONFIGURE.
              D.Birkin thank you very much, you are my God. Here is a gift that I have done:

Click image for larger version

Name:	prueba.png
Views:	1
Size:	663.9 KB
ID:	402835

There's another:

Click image for larger version

Name:	elza raccon.png
Views:	1
Size:	612.2 KB
ID:	402836
              Last edited by sefirott; 04-02-2013, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
                I take it the dialogue is unfinished in most cutscenes? Noticed a few errors - I don't know if this is down t direct translation from Japanese or something else.

EDIT: I AM IN NO WAY DISRESPECTING THE TEAM, THIS IS MEANT LIGHTLY I can always ignore it while playing hehe

For EG when Marvin says "Leon. Take my hand." heheh
                Shouldn't it be "Leon. Give me a hand." instead?

@ D Birkin - How exactly are the lines translated. Is it direct from Japanese or is the team simply making them up as they go along?
                Some of the dialogue seems a little .. off , in places that's all

"Marvin. Please come here" sounds WAY to polite considering the zombie situation aswell .. too formal.
                Surely something like "Marvin. Follow me." or "Marvin. Over here." or something like that .. more informal and casual - they are in a horror game afterall.
                original text is full of holes in many places and text that is broke. also, what you see is text from an old build. just because people see it in old build now does not mean it is reflective of what will be in properly released version. people think author like tolkien write lord of rings in one draft and send to print?

Comment

• Originally posted by B.Zork View Post
                  people think author like tolkien write lord of rings in one draft and send to print?
                  thats Bilbo Baggins

Originally posted by PROTOBOY View Post
                  Oh my GOD I CAN BELIEVE, SO PLEASE ITS REALLY 1.5???? I AM STUDYING LONG TIME NO ENTER ON COMPUTER, I LEFT MY PC TO MY SISTER BECAUSE NOW I NEED READ A LOT OF BOOKS.

PLEASE ITS REALLY 1.5????????????
                  Well, i think so.
                  Last edited by yurieu; 04-02-2013, 01:44 PM.

Comment

• Sorry if the question is stupid: Licker be in the game?

Comment

• Originally posted by sefirott View Post
                      Sorry if the question is stupid: Licker be in the game?
                      Nope, I think the Lickers replaced the Gorillas that were in 1.5.

Comment

• Sorry if some of you are having problems following the link to my 3F Conference Room sketch. It works fine for me, and apparently for a few of you, too - judging from the downloads. The basic idea is to take the Media Room design from the RE2 Trial and redo the back half - where you come in - to match the two genuine images we have of that part of the room from the 80% build. After that you would redesign the backgrounds accordingly to match RE15's, add the extra door, and then populate the room with a few more objects (a media center, wall markerboard, side counter with coffeepot, etc) you commonly find in similar real world locations. Again, my apologies if the link doesn't work for some of you. Including the podium and the flagpoles is not only "real world," but would also be an homage of sorts for the RE2 Trial version.

Speaking of homages, here's an idea for the 3F Stairwell Hall, D.Birkin. On the wall that it shares with the Chief's Office, add the remains of a door. It could be as simple as a mismatched texture - part of the wall where the color is slightly different - or you can add embedded and painted-over door trim and such. This would be behind the couch in your current version, I think, but I don't have the images in front of me right now. When the player searches the area, RE15 would respond with something like, "There used to be a door here, but not anymore." That would be a hidden homage to the original design of the Chief's Office from the RE15 alpha/"era 1" build, which had an extra door where the Inventory Box is now.
                        Last edited by RMandel; 04-02-2013, 04:23 PM.
                        Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
                        Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• Any word on when the new video might drop? I am excited.
                          My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Maybe somebody has answered this already, but over the years I have seen footage that already had voice overs. The videos below were posted over 6 years ago I was wondering if they were made solely for the purpose of the trailers, or were they actually added into the game at some point?

Resident, Evil, 1.5, Biohazard, unreleased, prototype, beta, playstation, capcom, sony, gameplay, rare, underground, leaked, Resident Evil (Video Game Series)

http://www.fekra-eg.com/magThis is a trailer for Resident Evil 2 in it's early stage of development it's now called RE1.5 by fans.

Comment

• All of those recordings were junked when RE15 was officially abandoned. They re-recorded everything for what became RE2. None of the old RE15 voice recordings is known to have survived at this time, aside from what's in the four Biohazard Complete videos (those links you posted). That's why the Team (and some fans) are re-recording the dialogue. We don't have it anymore.

The only sure possibility for recovering all the old voice recordings is if the final 80% build were to be prized out of the Capcom vaults somehow. Good luck with that. -_^
                              Last edited by RMandel; 04-03-2013, 12:52 AM.
                              Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
                              Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• 1.5 had voice-acting. Before scrapping it, CAPCOM released some promo videos with Elza's and Leon's pain voices.
                                And I bet other dialogue like the ones in complete disk are there too.
                                Last edited by Guest; 04-03-2013, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X