Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like a bug to me. From what I can remember of RE2, characters like Ada tend to stay away from your when you turn in their direction and begin stepping closer to them (or was it Barry?). They either take a few steps back or just move somewhere else, so that you don't have to push them in order to get through whatever spot behind them.
    Last edited by Gemini; 05-27-2013, 11:47 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
    , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• It's most noticeable after downing an enemy. If you run "into" them, you can push them a little ways. It's still present in 1.5. It might have something to do with the fact that enemies are "moveable" when they are alive, so that, perhaps this attribute carries over while they are "dying", but after they are dead/have been downed long enough, it no longer applies.

Comment

• something to do with 3d collision in the capcom engine, I'd guess.
        Also, I believe DB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
          Sounds like a bug to me. From what I can remember of RE2, characters like Ada tend to stay away from your when you turn in their direction and begin stepping closer to them (or was it Barry?). They either take a few steps back or just move somewhere else, so that you don't have to push them in order to get through whatever spot behind them.
          Perhaps it was a feature in 1.5 given that you spend a lot of time with NPCs? Is it not possible that they implemented it in 1.5 to prevent getting trapped in a corner but by the time the retail game rolled around didn't bother to remove it due to its benign properties? Was this also possible in BH1? I never noticed it but it would be interesting to find a bug that persisted over more than three generations of the BH engine.

Comment

• More likely it's really a bug as it also affects zombies laying down on the floor in a few funny ways (plus they can't seem to be able to grab your legs when they are playing dead). It's probably something related to how idling entities are managed.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
            , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
              something to do with 3d collision in the capcom engine, I'd guess.
              Also, I believe DB.
              As do I.

Comment

• Originally posted by Graco View Post
                It's a shame that we've lost things over something so...worthless. I keep hearing about these patches and I never give a damn about them because I'm waiting on what's coming, and now the community lost out because of these?
                Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                No. B.Zork, Carnivol, News Bot, Alzaire, and Darkmoon (please correct me if I'm mistaken), among others, publicly lamented the loss of these special opportunities long before the DB patches were unveiled (and some even before the Colvin incident came into light). Has everyone forgotten the GMAN fiasco already?
                As I've alluded to earlier though, IGAS most likely received evidence of ownership, which itself could prove very useful to the restoration effort.

Comment

• so after all this has been explained, seems like its still just the welshy colvin. DB is pretty innocent, just making patches for us to tide us over for now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                    so after all this has been explained, seems like its still just the welshy colvin. DB is pretty innocent, just making patches for us to tide us over for now.
                    exactly ! Thank you DB for making releasing these patches to tide us over until we play the teams proper version ( well if we play the teams version anything can happen )

Comment

• I've been watching everything unfold over the past few months and I kind of feel the need to say something now. While I'm sure DB's patch is nice, you guys have to understand how much attention is focused on team IGAS. I'm sure everyone in the beta scene is aware of their 1.5 project and their possession of the PSN build. Every time data from that build shows up, regardless of whether or not it came from them, people are gonna see it as a leak. With every "leak" the teams access to other builds dwindles. I believe DB's heart was in the right place, but you all have to understand that there's consequences that come with releasing stuff before its ready.

That being said, i'm in the process of building up a list of everything about this project...it might take awhile because i have a lot of threads to sort through but i hope we can stick it somewhere so people can stop asking the same question 50 million times.
                      Last edited by OfficerRedfield; 05-27-2013, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• Users can browse post history. People with FAQs should be directed here for all their answers.

B.Zork post history:

D.Birkin post history:

Comment

• Originally posted by OfficerRedfield View Post
                          Every time data from that build shows up, regardless of whether or not it came from them, people are gonna see it as a leak. With every "leak" the teams access to other builds dwindles.
                          I'm sure the members of IGAS and the prototype community can shine more light on this, but I don't think that "leaking" is a gradual grey-scale process as you seem to believe. In the eyes of these beta collectors, a leak is a leak, and it only takes one of any magnitude for them to get spooked and bail on potential recipients. Do you want to see a real damaging leak? Take a look at the first post of this thread.
                          Last edited by Enigmatism415; 05-27-2013, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OfficerRedfield View Post
                            I've been watching everything unfold over the past few months and I kind of feel the need to say something now. While I'm sure DB's patch is nice, you guys have to understand how much attention is focused on team IGAS. I'm sure everyone in the beta scene is aware of their 1.5 project and their possession of the PSN build. Every time data from that build shows up, regardless of whether or not it came from them, people are gonna see it as a leak. With every "leak" the teams access to other builds dwindles. I believe DB's heart was in the right place, but you all have to understand that there's consequences that come with releasing stuff before its ready.

That being said, i'm in the process of building up a list of everything about this project...it might take awhile because i have a lot of threads to sort through but i hope we can stick it somewhere so people can stop asking the same question 50 million times.
                            Welcome to the forums and I must say this is an amazing first post. Very leveled and very much the truth for all sides, I think. When THIA was active back in ye olde days, I think the longest we sat on something without ever even as much as namedropping certain things in public was 5 years. All because we wanted to make sure we'd basically gotten as much as possible from it as humanly possible, distanced things from our sources, etc. before we evt. ran the risk of possibly burning any bridges or opportunities of maximizing the amount of content we'd be able to get from something. (We also gave up a good few "minor" things in favor of getting bigger or more RElevant things.)

Was this us being greedy? We avoided reaching out to people outside our own group for money and resources. But we were also patient and had a slight sense of forward thinking - seeing a bigger picture - and we had a total disregard for our own "fame" and personal gain as far as getting things out there went. All about the timing, the place, and the thought of hwether or not we'd done everything we could or not with it. A funny thing about certain types of public releases, though, is that you often see people grab them "while they're hot" and then the links will die, seeds vanish, etc. and *blam* barely a few months later it's as if it was never released in the first place and no one seems to have it anymore. So much for the claims of preservation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                              I'm sure the members of IGAS and the prototype community can shine more light on this, but I don't think that "leaking" is a gradual grey-scale process as you seem to believe. In the eyes of these beta collectors, a leak is a leak, and it only takes one of any magnitude for them to get spooked and bail on potential recipients. Do you want to see a real damaging leak? Take a look at the first post of this thread.
                              I can't be sure how much access to other resources they've lost after the initial leak, but i think we can all agree the other leaks that followed are not helping the situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                                A funny thing about certain types of public releases, though, is that you often see people grab them "while they're hot" and then the links will die, seeds vanish, etc. and *blam* barely a few months later it's as if it was never released in the first place and no one seems to have it anymore. So much for the claims of preservation.
                                Thats one of my major arguments against the Internet as a preservation source. Then you have people acting like hotshots that they have something that was publicly released, its funny to me. I know I have one game, minor as it is, that dropped off the Earth, and now the disc has bitrot. Fun

Comment

Working...
                                X