Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It'd be cool if the team were to include a 'Retro blue' unlockable, which just uses an alternate set of game backgrounds that gives the game the blue hue that it has in all the old videos and screenshots.
    sigpic

Comment

• You can see the blue tint in the bioflames image, the area outside the window and the grey walls are blue-ish in areas..
      I can't see any tile seams though even despite the poor quality - normally it would still be visible?
      I guess we'll never know what the original room really looked like..

I guess blue-grey carpetting would look more ''office'' like - that way it would fit along with Iron's Office.
      I'm guessing this conference room is on the same floor, the 3rd?

1.5 was full of tiles areas, so maybe carpet would be a nice change and give some variety in the precinct?
      Plus it looks prettier, even if only the floor was blue - give the room some colour?
      Last edited by RaccoonSurvivor; 05-04-2013, 06:08 PM.
      "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Their recreated rooms will never be 100% accurate do to the quality of the inflames images, but will be extremely close. I am plenty content with that.
        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
          The area where John is standing, I always thought that was a bankers lamp there with frosted glass, not a book. It seems the light from it is bleeding onto the back wall in the inflames image. I thought that was some type of cabinet over there.

Just wondering on why the change, or if I am totally wrong.
          It always looked like a little podium or end table holding up a guest book to me... I think the pages are just very white, and the CRT and camera amplified that.

Originally posted by geluda View Post
          the camera angle seems to be a tiny bit closer in to the corner of the room.
          Keep in mind that the angle at which the original photograph was taken is far from dead-center. I was hoping someone could skew the original Inflames image so that the background would be framed properly (it's otherwise quite misleading in its composition). The way that the table meets the door frame is off in the recreation though, however you look at it.

It's hard to tell exactly what the colour tones are in the bioflames image because of the poor cell phone images, but I actually like the slight blue tinge to the room.
          Compare some Inflames images with their corresponding raw backgrounds (those to which we have access, that is). You'll see that the colours are over-saturated and the contrast is blown to hell in the original images. I suppose that's what you get when you photograph a CRT image with a mobile phone camera at the turn of the millennium.

I you don't mind me asking, how have you decided on the floor tiling? Were you able to deduce through whatever means exactly what the flooring was? Because in spirit of the bad cell phone bioflames image I think this room might look nice with an expensive blue carpet! It would create some contrast between the table and the floor making that big huge table stand out a mile and make the room look a little less bare giving more colour to the room.
          I've been wondering about the floor myself, but after very carefully examining the original Inflames image, it seems like it might actually be tiling rather than carpeting, but I'm still not too sure. You can see very faint creases that would suggest tile grout, but it might just be garbage in the image... I'm sure IGAS has their reasons though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deus Flux View Post
            It'd be cool if the team were to include a 'Retro blue' unlockable, which just uses an alternate set of game backgrounds that gives the game the blue hue that it has in all the old videos and screenshots.
            yes,the blue-ish filter looks good!

idk if that is just intended trailer visuals.

Comment

• Indeed it is hard to tell exactly what is what, I was always under the impression that the floor was blue despite the crap quality. They're deffinately on the right track though, even their WIP renders rival that of professional work.

Last edited by Guest; 05-04-2013, 06:44 PM.

Comment

• While you guys discuss I work harder. Many features not in BIO2 like colored tips for item types. BIO3 does one thing similar? I cannot remember.

I you don't mind me asking, how have you decided on the floor tiling?
                BG artist decides. He has very good eyes with 3D shapes.
                “How far can they control my mind? But to know God you must be God! And to be God you must let go of anything you thought you were... So we return the gift...”

Comment

• Yes, Biohazard 3 has the same colored tips!!! It´s an useful feature.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	402939

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	402940

The bioflames images with more resolution and size. It´s evident the Team use the image with the jumping monkeys like guide. In that image we can see the shadow of the monkeys hiding the glass, and it´s easy don´t see the chair and confuse it with the blur aspect of the floor.
                  Last edited by The_Wes; 05-04-2013, 08:41 PM.
                  Si guisante se dice "pea" y chiflado "nut", ¿Un cacahuete "peanut" es un chiflado de los guisantes?

Comment

• Originally posted by D.Birkin View Post

While you guys discuss I work harder. Many features not in BIO2 like colored tips for item types. BIO3 does one thing similar? I cannot remember.

BG artist decides. He has very good eyes with 3D shapes.
                    Birkin that is amazing! How accurate is that room that is being debated about compared to the BF image? We all know it was taken with a poor quality digital camera on a crt/older tv (I was the first to point this out) but you can clarify for us about this small debate. Also what other problems are you recoding like the image you just posted about the item box which seemed to plague for quite a while?

Comment

• This. Is. The. Best. I love coming into this thread to find a new IGAS update! Let's see... Green for healing items, Red for weaponry, Blue for ammunition, and Yellow for key items.... looking good team, keep up the fantastic work!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	borat.jpg
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	402941
                        sigpic

Comment

• Fuckin' ace!

Comment

• I always thought that thing John is facing in the back of the room is a sidetable with a phone on it. RE1 and 1.5 used some pretty huge phone models that can be seen from a mile away.
                            Seibu teh geimu?
                            ---

Comment

• I thought it might have been a phone on there as well, with a light over it of course. It makes more sense to have one tucked away in a corner in that room.
                              My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Anytime I've worked with the Bioflames images I've had to add a horizontal perspective skew to them, in order to correct for the cameraman being to the right of the TV or monitor he was shooting. It varied from picture to picture - usually about a -20 or -25 value in Paint Shop Pro or comparable program. On some occasions I've had to either rotate them a bit or add a slight trapezoidal skew, rarely both. That's really the only way to "fix" those pictures. Anyone who's interested in duplicating my efforts is advised to take one of the cutscene images to work with, instead of full screen shots like the 2F Conference Room. You can use the letterbox bars as a guide to see if you're correcting the perspective properly, then resize the resulting image to match the dimensions of a cutscene still grabbed from the actual game.
                                Last edited by RMandel; 05-05-2013, 04:14 AM.
                                Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
                                Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                X