Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grenades dont work even in the patches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
      Because it doesn't come from the build. They want to use custom/RE3 assets.
      I guess i read that wrong then, i too assumed he meant 20 different models from the build, i figured they were rejected models from 1.5's development. I don't think using zombies from other resident evils would be as great an idea for two reasons. The final version of the RPD officer uniform isn't the same as 1.5's. The earlier version we see was all dark blue with long sleeves while the one we all know now has a light blue shirt with short sleeves, something similar to a Japanese police uniform. The second issue is the quality difference between the two games, the high detailed Re3 zombies would look out of place compared to 1.5's.
      Last edited by OfficerRedfield; 06-01-2013, 07:22 PM.

Comment

• I think it'd be cool if grenades could also be activated manually and used as defensive weapons like in REmake (tap x or something when grabbed by a zombie?) This could be really useful when surrounded. One exploding zombie could take out the others with it.
        Last edited by Deus Flux; 06-01-2013, 07:20 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

• You guys are overthinking the shit out of everything >_>

Comment

• why not have many unique zombies? retail had unused slots you can jam zombies into, and it never made sense to me.

then again, they were super lazy with their zombie creations for retail. just look at the way they are uv-mapped, so much wasted space. and even then they just look like they got into a fight and need some sleep.

i say make all types of zombies and fill the slots with some variety, maybe just use some for bonus whatever you have planned. im sure you guys would have them fit the style seamlessly so it's not like they would stand out like a sore thumb.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
              Didn't know you were talkin about the RE3 zombies, but they are gonna make em look more like 1.5, and its capcom. I don't see the problem
              Rational thinking is good. Like I said other times we will not make direct copies from other games. BIO3 has different model styles you can see from textures and meshes. What I say with policeman model is using similar tricks as BIO3 to implement zombie packs. They are very optimized and can allow 1.5 to have better performance for memory and CPU overheat.
              “How far can they control my mind? But to know God you must be God! And to be God you must let go of anything you thought you were... So we return the gift...”

Comment

• So the game will function better with these optimizations? So D.Birkin, is the modified engine better than what was found even in BIO1. I know the engines are different, but there are optimizations to it, then great!
                My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• when you say optimized, what do you mean?

like my child zombies have way more poly's than the adult zombies, but i can fit more into a room, and the 1.5 models on the mzd release have alot of normals. i don't get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                    So the game will function better with these optimizations? So D.Birkin, is the modified engine better than what was found even in BIO1. I know the engines are different, but there are optimizations to it, then great!
                    BIO1 engine is bloated and not optimized very well. For example all meshes use triangulation but Capcom could have use quadrilaterals for smaller size. Many tricks allow faster and smaller structures. My crow and NPC code is smaller and faster than Capcom's. It is not difficult if you know what GCC compiles to.

Originally posted by J0shuaKane View Post
                    when you say optimized, what do you mean?
                    You optimize for smaller size or faster execution. Sometimes both like this special zombie set with reduced structures.
                    Last edited by D.Birkin; 06-01-2013, 08:17 PM.
                    “How far can they control my mind? But to know God you must be God! And to be God you must let go of anything you thought you were... So we return the gift...”

Comment

• I see, I see. So the end result will be much better and also easier for the playstation, correct? So then all this should be less demanding of the game engine. I like sir Birkin! If the engine can be made to work more efficiently, than I do like it alot.
                      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                        So the end result will be much better and also easier for the playstation, correct?
                        Easier in some parts. With lighter engine you can push hardware much better and get better results for the user experience. For example you can simplify a mesh but make it use skeletal animations with resources saved by simplification. Users will not spot mesh is simpler but they will spot it looks better.
                        Last edited by D.Birkin; 06-01-2013, 08:32 PM.

Comment

• In that case I'd rather have no other assets at all! Optimisation is one thing, but the further you go with this the more you're losing what 1.5 really is. There's no point in touching other assets if you can just change models, rewrite code and make things run better than they're previously running. Even if you do, you still have 1.5 assets conflicting with those changes, which kind of defeats the whole purpose of doing it in the first place. Improve what's already there by all means, but don't put extra things in there just because it makes it a "better" game, then it's no longer what it's supposed to be.

Edit: Unless that's what you intend to do and I'm entirely missing the point. :/
                          Last edited by Guest; 06-01-2013, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• I will play resident evil 1.5 once its released by IGAS and be happy to play it. However, intentionally not adding aspects of 1.5 that you are capable of adding just because you don't want it in there changes the project from a restoration to a hack (or fan mod whatever.) Just like replacing the icons with better ones, the old ones may be ugly but they are part of 1.5 and should really be in there if this project wants to stay a restoration and not becone something else. Even though it sounds like Im complaining, Im not but I dont want to have to wait until someone hacks the official release to make it more 1.5ish. Also, the extra zombie slots, instead of importing Bio3 zombies, why not make the zombies from the 1.5 videos, like the legless ones or the bone ones or more in that fashion (like a 1.5 zombie who has no arms,) instead of relying on flags to give us a one time special zombie.
                            http://warmech.fantasyworldxd.co.uk <---My old site

Comment

• Originally posted by Treeman View Post
                              I will play resident evil 1.5 once its released by IGAS and be happy to play it. However, intentionally not adding aspects of 1.5 that you are capable of adding just because you don't want it in there changes the project from a restoration to a hack (or fan mod whatever.) Just like replacing the icons with better ones, the old ones may be ugly but they are part of 1.5 and should really be in there if this project wants to stay a restoration and not becone something else. Even though it sounds like Im complaining, Im not but I dont want to have to wait until someone hacks the official release to make it more 1.5ish. Also, the extra zombie slots, instead of importing Bio3 zombies, why not make the zombies from the 1.5 videos, like the legless ones or the bone ones or more in that fashion (like a 1.5 zombie who has no arms,) instead of relying on flags to give us a one time special zombie.
                              Their goal is to make a game of retail level of quality, not to recreate a prototype. As nice as the placeholder art is, it would never be in a retail product by Capcom and thus has no place in this project.
                              Last edited by Guest; 06-01-2013, 08:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by D.Birkin View Post
                                You optimize for smaller size or faster execution. Sometimes both like this special zombie set with reduced structures.
                                im confused, i was talking about the zombie models, were you referring to the engine? thats why i mentioned polys and normals, i was wondering what mattered as far as how many can fit into a room.

i feel like 1.5 is a bastard game that was thrown in the garbage. these people picked it up and gave it a home. they should finish raising it how they see fit. as long as it keeps the same feel, they have no choice but to go farther with it than they did anyway, why not? the people who made the game scratched it for a reason.
                                Last edited by J0shuaKane; 06-01-2013, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X