Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
    What I'd like to know is if it's possible to optimize the game code even further so load times will become shorter. Obviously this isn't a problem at all if you're playing on PC ('turn off frame limit' shortcut key ftw), but shorter load times would be a nice bonus if you're playing on a real PS1. ;D
    Well, being able to skip doors would technically cut down load times already - as the door animations kinda mask part of the loading process (rather than, say FFVII, which will start loading the next are once you enter a specific "zone" near an exist/entrance - or start loading random encounters shortly before the counter for them hits its appropriate value -- man, FFVII is such an easy to "predict/read" game when played on hardware XD). The way door skip's worked in other games that had it was that it'd first unlock itself/respond the moment the target room was done loading, iirc.

Of course, if they have a way to better pack the room data (compression and/or better trimming of excessive data), load times could probably be cut down quite a lot.

Comment

• Does anyone have a collection of Bioflames images for download? Kegluneq had a collection up but the links seem to be down.

Comment

• Below is the full watermarked set of the 173 Inflames-exclusive images (the unmarked set is to remain private until its curator chooses to release it):

Since I've already successfully transcribed and translated all of the subtitles from these images, the watermarks shouldn't really impede your enjoyment too much anyway, unless you're concerned with the geometry and/or fine details of the rooms.

As far as I know, the numbered sequence was determined by Kegluneq(Leuchest), who had generously compiled this collection some time ago.

---

Perhaps anyone with sufficient interest in BH1.5 research should become acquainted with this sequence to allow for more convenient citation of the images.
        Last edited by Enigmatism415; 06-18-2013, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
          Yeah, being able to skip doors at will is definitively gonna transform 1.5 into a totally different game. </irony>
          i was talking about loading times

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
            Below is the full watermarked set of the 173 Inflames-exclusive images (the unmarked set is to remain private until its curator chooses to release it):

Since I've already successfully transcribed and translated all of the subtitles from these images, the watermarks shouldn't really impede your enjoyment too much anyway, unless you're concerned with the geometry and/or fine details of the rooms.

As far as I know, the numbered sequence was determined by Kegluneq(Leuchest), who had generously compiled this collection some time ago.

---

Perhaps anyone with sufficient interest in BH1.5 research should become acquainted with this sequence to allow for more convenient citation of the images.
            Thanks for the upload! I wanted them to get as best acquainted with the scenario as I can.

Comment

• Thanks dr. Birkin, for those little gifs of pure pleasure

You guys are awesome!

Ps: Birkin, would you tell us wich is your prior experience as a video game programar ir developer?? Have you ever worked in any known video game?
              Thanks!
              Last edited by Hepatus; 06-18-2013, 05:24 PM.

Comment

• Umm, am I the only one who would of preferred the opposite? A la Code Veronica.. long and slow with heartbeart sound. I mean if I am playing RE 1.5, an old classic game, I'm pretty sure I've made time to play it and enjoy it (soak in the atmosphere etc), rather than skipping all the doors & speed running it. Right now the game doesn't exactly look 10 hours long or anything.

It looks like you added it because you could! Nothing wrong with that though. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Scream View Post
                  It looks like you added it because you could! Nothing wrong with that though. ;)
                  As long as "enhancements" remain optional somehow, I suppose. Like an Arrange Mode vs Classic Mode or something.

Comment

• Yep, I was thinking it should be added to the menu/options when I first saw it. I'm not familiar with RE: DS myself, but I think the door skip was configurable..
                    Last edited by Scream; 06-18-2013, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• That's my stance on the matter as well. It may be the purist in me, which it probably is, but I'd rather all their additions be in some sort of arrange mode or rebirth mode. I am excited to try out quick reload, quick turn, and quick knife, but I feel they may end up detracting from the experience. Thankfully they are optional features.

Me feeling is that all these features may have been scrapped from earlier builds altogether. So by adding them back in, it may in fact mess with how the game was meant to be played. Although they could have been intended for the retail version and there code was never finished. It's hard to say if any of these features were to be used at all.

Now I am looking forward to seeing what is on the horizon for them. Seeing their progress now, they must have a long way to go. It'll probably be another year before we see the final version.

Oh don't let my ramblings piss you guys off. I don't appreciate being made fun of either. You can't tell me none of my points are valid. They are.

I sometimes wonder if some people on the 123 boards have the right idea...

Scream, the door skip option was not configurable at all. It was alway there and there was no way to disable it.
                      Last edited by Zombie_X; 06-18-2013, 05:49 PM.
                      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Scream View Post
                        Yep, I was thinking it should be added to the menu/options when I first saw it. I'm not familiar with RE: DS myself, but I think the door skip was configurable..
                        If you don't want to skip the door animation, just don't press the button. There is no need to create a menu for that.

Comment

• But an arrange mode could enable all these optional features and be activated by default. No need to let the player change all these things individually.

Comment

• Yes, that's my thinking. Leave the core game untouched, then have all the extra features in a different mode.
                            My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Why not just wait for them to finish the game and petition them for updates later? It's not like they can't change things after the fact (it's not a retail title). I think that it would be more fruitful to play through their final product and then deliver informed requests. We're all still blind; how could we know what we really want if we don't know what IGAS knows? As we've been assured in the past, deferential, insightful feedback is always welcomed.

---

EDIT: Awesome update IGAS! It's nice to see Elza armed while praying.
                              Last edited by Enigmatism415; 06-18-2013, 06:14 PM.

Comment

• Totally agree.

Comment

Working...
                                X