Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ Zombie_X

The hardest part from here is definitely the background art. By the looks of things D.Birkin has stabilized the engine and implemented core status features (such as item usage, item storage, door locking, etc), they're some of the main features that are required before you can actually populate the game (puzzles will be a lot more complicated to implement), so for all intents and purposes it could be plain sailing from here. The problem is when you've got no rooms and no boundaries to populate. You have to wait for the artist to finish the final render before you can finalize camera angles, finalize boundaries, etc and those things take a lot of time. I imagine that while they have a lot of Trial Backgrounds to work with, a lot of them will have to be written off just because they're so incomplete and it will probably be easier to just make them from scratch. That's going to take a lot of time!

Comment

• I don't care what the team does ' it's there project and I look forward to what ever they do because what ever they do it will still be a resident evil 1.5 game , we were never going to get 100% perfect 1.5 , people are being far too picky and I mean really picky.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisliam2 View Post
        I don't care what the team does ' it's there project and I look forward to what ever they do because what ever they do it will still be a resident evil 1.5 game , we were never going to get 100% perfect 1.5 , people are being far too picky and I mean really picky.
        I think people want a good RE 1.5, so I don't think they're being too picky, it's just this single thread structure makes it appear that way. If this was just another software project in some project management app and people created their own separate issues, people wouldn't give a fuck about half of them, the team could just mark off which one is good or not, and people could also go in and discuss each one individually if they wish. The problem with a single thread is as soon as you mention something, everyone turns their attention to it whether its a good idea/bad idea, a minor point/major point or whatever.

So raising a minor point is not really being picky IMO. All part of the process for professionals..

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
          I imagine that while they have a lot of Trial Backgrounds to work with, a lot of them will have to be written off just because they're so incomplete and it will probably be easier to just make them from scratch. That's going to take a lot of time!
          Some of these partially complete trial backgrounds can be seamlessly mended with masks. Take this almost-complete background from the Factory Chapter for example:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ROOM3XX025.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	403117

One need only apply a "door" mask to the background for it to look acceptable. However, some other backgrounds–like the A-2 Lift Hall from the Laboratory Chapter (below)–would indeed require informed reconstructions.

Name:	ROOM5XX001.jpeg
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	403118

The Factory Chapter will require one complete reconstruction for the southeast office, while the Laboratory Chapter will require five complete reconstructions (D-2 Shelters #01 and #02, Ladder Shaft, A-2 Lift Hall, and A-2 Lift Car). The "fire" version of the D-2 Corridor can be wrought from the "normal" version using Photoshop or comparable software.

My judgement calls may differ from those of IGAS, but I believe them to be reasonable ones.

Comment

• Every thing that has been implemented in their restoration of the main gameplay was either already there, or was confirmed to be optional via menu configuration selection or at the player's discretion. Birkin has stated that nothing will be forced upon the player.

The only things not in the code were quick turn and tactical reload, both of which can be disabled.
            sigpic
            "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
              i was talking about loading times
              Unless the new changes make loading times unbearably long or they start flooding every single room with just zombies because of a complete lack of ideas / talent, I fail to see how this changes a thing.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
              , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                Unless the new changes make loading times unbearably long or they start flooding every single room with just zombies because of a complete lack of ideas / talent, I fail to see how this changes a thing.
                biostar suggested streamlining the engine for super quick loading times.
                I said it wouldn't be PSX-esque then and many will play it on PS1 hardware for like a classic experience

Comment

• ^How would that not be PSX-esque if it's all still running on a PSX, though?

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                    biostar suggested streamlining the engine for super quick loading times.
                    I said it wouldn't be PSX-esque then and many will play it on PS1 hardware for like a classic experience
                    Most PlayStation games *were* optimized for loading as fast as the drive could allow. In other words, the faster it loads the more "classic" it definitively is.

Comment

• The PS1 really didn't have long load times. The Medal of Honor games had some of the longer ones from what I remember though. I'm all for streamlining the engine if it improves the games performance and load times. The door skipping shows that loads times are already fast. Now my question is that was it much slower before the existing code was optimized or was loading always this fast?

Even streamlining it so we could have higher poly count models would be cool (but not needed). Speaking of that, are any of the existing models going to be touched up at all? I don't mean only poly count, but textures as well. I know Marvins model/texture is still a placeholder and will be worked on later.
                      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• The PlayStation drive wasn't really that fast. It reads at speeds ranging from 150 kb/s to 300 kb/s (in the best case), which isn't even that good considering all the restrictions some aspects had (i.e. STR sequences in poor quality or halved resolution if you wanted to use 30 fps). In general most developers were clever enough to mask loadings with some transitions (FF7-8-9 battle transitions should ring a bell for most of us) while using other invisible solutions to reduce disk seek & read like compression. Some worked pretty good while others were terrible at best. One example of obscene games in that regard was Covert Ops: Nuclear Dawn, a real jam of programming nonsense.
                        Last edited by Gemini; 06-18-2013, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• I personally think that what DarkMoon stated was I.G.A.S. original intention (to make two separate versions, one that was a version that fixed all bugs, crashes, and non-working elements in RE 1.5, but kept all of the original Capcom data intact, and another version that was a full restoration) was probably the best idea overall. Now we have a purist cult springing up with others here recently leaning purist arguing with I.G.A.S. over what should and should not be included, while the rest of us just want to see RE 1.5 become full retail quality. The purist cult faction might have been prevented had both ideas been in effect, fix the original build, then work on a full restoration, but, Restoration over Purification won out. Fine by me, as I care about playing RE 1.5 as the potential retail title it could have been rather than a shitty bug infested early prototype build with only a few crash-ridden rooms and very little workable content, but others clearly disagree. And wear these robes with pride.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Eteponge; 06-18-2013, 09:29 PM.

Comment

• Were it not for the plethora of available media and information from the Era-5 builds, I might have been a purist myself. However, since IGAS is no stranger to these facts, their restoration will be far closer to Capcom's original intention than a debugged Era-4 WIP beta could ever be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                              Were it not for the plethora of available media and information from the Era-5 builds, I might have been a purist myself. However, since IGAS is no stranger to these facts, their restoration will be far closer to Capcom's original intention than a debugged Era-4 WIP beta could ever be.
                              Yep! :3

Comment

• I still chuckle at that image. I'm not that hardcore when it comes to being purist, but some additions I don't honestly like. I have no control on what IGAS does, and honestly, what they are doing is way beyond what I can do. Heck, even RE1 rebuilder has been giving me troubles and I have no tech know how knowledge. While I want it to be faithful, it's still really cool to see what they are adding in and what the RE1 is capable of.

Now I'm sure some of you can understand how I'm feeling. I'm not bashing them at all. I am still quite grateful for what they are doing.

Now here's some slightly revised artworks. I added a newly made NTSC-U/C stamp as well as ® symbols. This is based off the Directors Cut Dual Shock' box art slightly. Enjoy guys! The updated tray card inserts will be made available shortly.

Name:	front2.png
Size:	581.2 KB
ID:	403120 Click image for larger version

Name:	front copy.png
Views:	1
Size:	619.7 KB
ID:	403121
                                Last edited by Zombie_X; 06-18-2013, 10:14 PM.
                                My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Working...
                                X