Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good stuff Zombie! Very professionally done! Out of curiosity, have you done a "Biohazard 2" version? Maybe even a "Biohazard 2: Prototype" version (for my satisfaction)?

Comment

• Yes I have, and here it is:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Biohazard 2 Spine Card Prototype - Final.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	290.5 KB
ID:	403122 Click image for larger version

Name:	Biohazard 2 Prototype - Final - 2.jpg
Size:	847.3 KB
ID:	403125 Click image for larger version

Name:	bio2back-final.jpg
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	403123 Click image for larger version

Name:	bio2-cd.jpg
Size:	205.9 KB
ID:	403124

Or how about this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	front2.png
Views:	1
Size:	705.6 KB
ID:	403126
      Last edited by Zombie_X; 06-19-2013, 01:14 AM.
      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• 1.5 is the technical nickname the community made for this build. In reality it is Biohazard 2: Prototype/Resident Evil 2: Prototype. i It sounds more retail then Biohazard 1.5 or Resident Evil 1.5 which just sounds like a improved and revised version of the original game.

Great job zombie. Hope to see a US cover made.
        Last edited by Ultimacloud123; 06-19-2013, 01:13 AM.

Comment

• Did you want a US cover with the subtitle "prototype"? I can make that if you wish.
          My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• The opinions of certain people got me crazy... You are saying better load times will break the classic experience??? No words... Like Birkin said, faster load times and quick knife was ORIGINAL FEATURES of 1.5. If you don´t like this things, you don´t like 1.5...
            Si guisante se dice "pea" y chiflado "nut", ¿Un cacahuete "peanut" es un chiflado de los guisantes?

Comment

• ^ They should be thankful they're playing a completed 1.5 at all - some people are so ungrateful xP

I'm all for it - plus if it's optional (via button presses or controls options menu) then I don't see the problem. Its a choice and not a forced thing..
              Some people .. Geez
              "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• The slow opening door sequences is part of the resident evil experience if you ask me, it always scared the hell out of me because i had no clue what was waiting for me beyond these bloody doors !

Comment

• The fact of the opening door sequences can skip, DON'T MEAN you must skip that. It's like the opening movies in videogames, the first time you see, you like it. But if you have to see the same movie always you put the game, without the possibility of skip, it's boring. Whoever want to see the door sequence DON'T PRESS THE BUTTON. Whoever want to skip the door sequence PRESS THE BUTTON. Easy and for all the family!!!
                  Last edited by The_Wes; 06-19-2013, 08:57 AM.
                  Si guisante se dice "pea" y chiflado "nut", ¿Un cacahuete "peanut" es un chiflado de los guisantes?

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Wes View Post
                    The opinions of certain people got me crazy... You are saying better load times will break the classic experience??? No words... Like Birkin said, faster load times and quick knife was ORIGINAL FEATURES of 1.5. If you don´t like this things, you don´t like 1.5...

In general, I get the feeling that people hate everything new they're learning about 1.5 that deviates from the old screenshots and/or interviews. This is like when indepth Sonic Xtreme media showed up and people had to face the fact that their AMAZINGLY TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE cancelled Sonic game was actually just a piece of crap that was canned with good reason Or, well, it's not just like that ... 'cause, in general, 1.5 seems to still be a salvage game experience.

Comment

• I might press the door skip button by accident though, and it will destroy my RE 1.5 experience

I'm all for the inclusion of more PS1-era details.. How about adding the PS1 disc reading sound effect when the doors are displayed or before every line of dialogue. I really miss those when playing on a emulator.. People on consoles will get double the fun.

Hard to believe we actually played games from such a primitive device. My spindle thing was eventually held together by blu tack, when you heard a loud crashing noise with the disc having a party inside you knew the game was over.

Comment

• My PS1 is a beast!

The spindle hub on it, after getting some wear and tear, required the system to be upside down in order to pull the disc around ...
                        when I fixed that, I had to switch the rest of the laser too ... so my 3502 (Or whatever) has the lens of a 9002, but the wiring is different in those, so it's all cocky around with the ribbon cable ... and the mod chip in it is wired all over the place.

But, yeah, emulators totally need a feature that simulates hardware noises, that way, Dreamcast emulation can become the greatest experience never.
                        Last edited by Carnivol; 06-19-2013, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• ^ Yeeaaahh I don't think so LOL - why in the hell would ya want that? Hmmf..
                          Sometimes my laptop does loading whirs and thats good enough for me hehe

Yeah I do agree that the door/stairs/ladder etc sequences build the tension most of the time - but yet again, if your running through the same room several times - obviously this effect doesn't apply.

I loved Code Veronica on those first set of stairs, hearing Claire's heartbeat - or how some doors opened even slower (and some super quick like in RE3)
                          Last edited by RaccoonSurvivor; 06-19-2013, 08:36 AM.
                          "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                            But, yeah, emulators totally need a feature that simulates hardware noises, that way, Dreamcast emulation can become the greatest experience never.
                            Haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                              In general, I get the feeling that people hate everything new they're learning about 1.5 that deviates from the old screenshots and/or interviews. This is like when indepth Sonic Xtreme media showed up and people had to face the fact that their AMAZINGLY TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE cancelled Sonic game was actually just a piece of crap that was canned with good reason Or, well, it's not just like that ... 'cause, in general, 1.5 seems to still be a salvage game experience.
                              I think the matter is RE 1.5 was too much years in the collective imaginary. Everyone imagine the game with his personal preferences, and then, when the real game comes to the surface, with his real features, the people are dissapointed. Don't take 1.5 like the ultimate RE experience, take it with curiosity and without expectations. Then try to enjoy the experience the most you can.

Another thing, i'm sure the team won´t consider this. But there is an option to keep all the people happy. The first time you open a door, you can't skip the animation. The rest of the times you open THAT door, you can skip the animation. It's just an idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
                                ^ Yeeaaahh I don't think so LOL - why in the hell would ya want that? Hmmf..
                                Sometimes my laptop does loading whirs and thats good enough for me hehe

Yeah I do agree that the door/stairs/ladder etc sequences build the tension most of the time - but yet again, if your running through the same room several times - obviously this effect doesn't apply.

I loved Code Veronica on those first set of stairs, hearing Claire's heartbeat - or how some doors opened even slower (and some super quick like in RE3)
                                yup, the door loading should be used to create more exciting situations, like in resident evil 2 where some zombies from the parking lot go inside the rpd

Comment

Working...
                                X