Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, what is that screencap of? Possible fatal error screen that allows you to reset the game?
    RSoD by the looks of it.

I have to say seeing stuff like this shows that the level of work being put into this project is beyond exceptional. This is no hack job by any means. It's ironic but this is probably the most satisfying of all the images posted so far for me, because this shows how important the quality of this project is on the inside and the lengths they're going to to attain it.
    Last edited by Guest; 09-03-2013, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• It could also be a hint that they're at the stage of development where they're doing continual play-throughs and looking for specific bugs and glitches.

Comment

• I wonder if they implemented a ton of extra debugging features. To me this thing is going to be more polished than RE2. One things for sure, it's going to be better than the 80% build. Not that i've played it, but I feel like it's a much more complete 40% build. The teams builds already looks so good.

Birkin, please forgive us, the hungry ones. We only thirst for new info. Take as long as you need. Any updates as time pass are cool.
        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
          It could also be a hint that they're at the stage of development where they're doing continual play-throughs and looking for specific bugs and glitches.
          That was my initial impression when he had the "preview edition" avatar but it would seem that it's a little further away than I had originally guessed. Oh well, no big deal. It will be worth the wait regardless.
          sigpic
          "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Thanks for the reply D.Birkin, take your time.

Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
            They don't have to do anything they don't want, and I am fine with that.
            Obviously they could do whatever they want, but a polite petition with a little sense of humour don't hurt anybody, isn't it? And at least with my ''stupid'' request, now all of us known that the trial edition won't come in September... I think was an useful post.
            Last edited by The_Wes; 09-04-2013, 04:48 AM.
            Si guisante se dice "pea" y chiflado "nut", ¿Un cacahuete "peanut" es un chiflado de los guisantes?

Comment

• Lets hope for a October release for the demo. I'd have 2 thing to look forward to that month if that's the case. The demo as well as season 4 of The Walking Dead. And if not the show will keep my mind off of it till it's unexpected release which I think is going to happen. No "it's coming out next week" and more on the line of "the demo is finally out".
              Last edited by Ultimacloud123; 09-04-2013, 09:36 AM.

Comment

• . . . Still there are far too many people asking when it's ready. Patience is a virtue. It will come when it's ready, not when it's not

Comment

• You can't blame them though. The anticipation is high.
                  My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                    You can't blame them though. The anticipation is high.
                    Def. It's built up in me too tbh

Comment

• Halloween for the demo, maybe? One can wait and hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northman View Post
                        Halloween for the demo, maybe? One can wait and hope.
                        I was thinking that as a plausible time about 8 weeks till then so could be possible. It's is just a matter of time till IGAS has it prepared to their standards.

Comment

• We do not give estimates because there is nothing to estimate. Who knows when new errors or features come about? I am working on enhancing sound engine at this moment. Dynamic voice allocation and reduced memory consumes will be done soon. CPU usage must be happy to use code 10 times smaller and faster. I linked updated sound libraries to make BGM engine produce less problems too. It is nice to have 1.5 with libraries more updated than PsyQ 3.5.
                          Last edited by D.Birkin; 09-04-2013, 05:10 PM.
                          “How far can they control my mind? But to know God you must be God! And to be God you must let go of anything you thought you were... So we return the gift...”

Comment

• Originally posted by D.Birkin View Post
                            We do not give estimates because there is nothing to estimate. Who knows when new errors or features come about? I am working on enhancing sound engine at this moment. Dynamic voice allocation and reduced memory consumes will be done soon. CPU usage must be happy to use code 10 times smaller and faster. I linked updated sound libraries to make BGM engine produce less problems too. It is nice to have 1.5 with libraries more updated than PsyQ 3.5.
                            That's awesome. I find it interesting that you are able to program the game in ways that makes it run more efficiently than from when it was originally conceived. I wouldn't have thought things like that would have been a possibility given the source material. But then again that sort of thing is a whole other world to me.

As for the release timeframe...I think many of us looked too far into it when you had the Trial Edition art for an avatar as though you were dropping a hint. But none of us here would want you to rush your work, so hopefully we haven't given you the wrong impression. We simply guessed wrong.
                            sigpic
                            "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Yes we did all assume the Trial Edition avatar was hinting at an impending release. B.Zorks comment also kinda made it sound like it was coming out in September. We were probably reading into it too much.

What is dynamic voice allocation though? Is that for enemy grunts/groan/roars? With this implemented, could more sounds play at once rather than waiting for one moan to complete, then playing another? If so that sounds great.

More updated than PysQ3.5? Man that's old as hell. Back from early PS1 days.. I'm sure the libraries will help with many things.

Are the improvements from your tweaks noticeable as of yet? I'm super interested on what sort o improvements these implementations will have.
                              Last edited by Zombie_X; 09-04-2013, 05:59 PM.
                              My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• D.Birkin may I assume that since you just mentioned your code is "10 times smaller and faster" that you will have more enemies on screen at one time? I actually don't mind a challenge if that is your plan.

Comment

Working...
                                X