Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mrox2 View Post
    Why are you mad anyway ? lmfao, he is entitled to his own opinion .... How about you don't insult randomly like a dumb ass if you have no idea what you're talking about ? Please ?

oh and Hi there new member ! so many these days ... I mean really !

Originally posted by New member @Joins@
    Hi , I was visting this forum since so long and I decided to register now, Blablablabla ...Y. and the team WOW WOW I MEAN WOW REALLY ! *Kneels down and kisses their feets" < (Sarcasm, Meow!) Amazing Work !
    No really I find it very weird, must be seeing things ...
    Well, I guess DXP's at least right about us harboring some elitist idiots, but I'm not sure if we're thinking of the same people.

Anyway, can we try to avoid stooping to those same lows so I don't have to murder anyone?
    Last edited by Carnivol; 05-14-2013, 03:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
      Well, I guess DXP's at least right about us harboring some elitist idiots, but I'm not sure if we're thinking of the same people.

Anyway, can we try to avoid stooping to those same lows so I don't have to murder anyone?
      In agreement. That is how most wars start anyway. BTW Carnivol is your forum image from a Miyazaki movie?
      Last edited by Ultimacloud123; 05-14-2013, 04:11 PM.

Comment

• he must be trolling, he can't be seriously think that the team used the code of the dreamcast version for the language selection.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
          BTW Carnivol is your forum image from a Miyazaki movie?
          It's from Whisper of the Heart, best one of the Ghibli bunch. Directed by the chap who sadly died.

Comment

• You can't use too much C code IMO, but even if something breaks in the process, you could always whip up a little bit more code to fix it. Isn't 1.5's engine written in a form of C anyways? So you're basically adding to it. Also they probably never got around to fixing Irons yet. I'd probably save that for last, as getting the rooms complete is a higher priority. If Dark Biohazard can fix Irons, they can, they just haven't gotten around to it yet. No biggie.

I think what DXP fails to realize is that they have a bunch of their own code in this version. Sure they used code from other games, but so what? Honestly if the code used fixes something or adds something to the game, then by all means use it. It may even be easier and quicker to port/inject segments of code from the other games. I see no wrong in them doing this. I also don't see why he has to bash The Team. He can't possibly think this stuff is simple. Sure modding the PC version is different, and easier, but the PS1 is a different beast altogether.

I've had enough of the guy and honestly I don't want to hear about his senseless bitching.

Lets move on and await the next update from The Team. Great work as always!
            Last edited by Zombie_X; 05-14-2013, 07:17 PM.
            My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• I think it's easy to say that anyone can do what they're doing since the tools and documentations for modding the engine is readily available, but actually doing it is another thing altogether. It'd be like if some 500 lb. obese guy told me he could actually lose all that weight if he wanted to, but he never actually gets around to doing so; maybe if he can actually get off his high horse and his fat ass, I'd start praising him.
              Last edited by biohazard_star; 05-14-2013, 07:36 PM.
              Seibu teh geimu?
              ---

Comment

• ^Pretty much. Basically gonna add my own 2 cent on that subject with a reply to Zombie_X' post.

Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                You can't use too much C code IMO, but even if something breaks in the process, you could always whip up a little bit more code to fix it. Isn't 1.5's engine written in a form of C anyways? So you're basically adding to it. Also they probably never got around to fixing Irons yet. I'd probably save that for last, as getting the rooms complete is a higher priority. If Dark Biohazard can fix Irons, they can, they just haven't gotten around to it yet. No biggie.
                Yeah. This is what I'm placing my money on too. Basically, you deal with one type of issue at a time and put some stuff on the backburner, as "fixing them now" will just mean you'll have to "fix them again later." So instead of doing incremental fixes of the same issue, you wait until something that's likely to keep on affecting that module is wrapped up ... and THEN you go back and fix/adjust that thing.

Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                I think what DXP fails to realize is that they have a bunch of their own code in this version. Sure they used code from other games, but so what? Honestly if the code used fixes something or adds something to the game, then by all means use it. It may even be easier and quicker to port/inject segments of code from the other games. I see no wrong in them doing this. I also don't see why he has to bash The Team. He can't possibly think this stuff is simple. Sure modding the PC version is different, and easier, but the PS1 is a different beast altogether.
                I think what most people fail to realize is that using code from somewhere else isn't exactly a "copy and paste" job. In most cases, it's usually a matter of seeing what you want to accomplish on your end, then you look at the source code of something that already does what you want to accomplish and then try to figure out how to accomplish the same task/instructions within your own environment. Alternatively, you'll start studying pre-compiled code for whatever's doing what you want to do, to then map that function ... to THEN try to figure out a way to replicate the same result/function within your environment.

Still sounds fairly simple, right?

So how come you don't see anyone making hacks like these? Why don't you see anyone doing such seemingly "simple" tasks as disabling the PS1 RE game's CRC checker that makes sure files aren't tampered with? After all, the info is publicly available out there (both in the form of a chart explaining the code) and by "easily" exploring it yourself with a simple comparison of the Spanish fan translation of Director's Cut with the a regular retail version. Or what about the LBA file table? Already seen people moaning about the filetable on that 1.5 build they leaked, the type of filetable you see there is the type of file table you need to be able to understand and edit if you want to add larger or smaller files w/out padding to the PS1 versions. Again, fairly simple, yet ... you don't see anyone do anything but just talk about how "easy" it is. (I'm often guilty of "challenging" people's "best" in order to see if they'll actually "bother" learning new tricks or do some thinking of their own)

Comment

• Perhaps I'm giving DXP too much credit, but it seems like he gets a silent kick out of indirectly catalysing several new pages on this already saturated thread.

---

Regarding the Pasta Copia a la Codice, it's more complicated like Carn said indeed. It's like trying to borrow the idea of an engine from a motorcycle to use in your aeroplane; extremely helpful but requires a long session of modification and naturalisation. Clearly if IGAS can dig down to that level of back-end programming, they can do pretty much anything. Does DXP even lift?
                  Last edited by Enigmatism415; 05-14-2013, 09:35 PM.

Comment

• Im kinda curious about this because im not sure if you answered it or not. But would it be possible to add more rooms?
                    I mean completely new and custom?

Aside from adding rooms that are supposed to be, how about add new rooms as well?
                    In the resident evil series, for some weird odd reason, the police station (1.5 police station included) and other municipal buildings (Hospital, etc), do not have bathrooms!

What? Do the cops wear diapers to work? You should add a bathroom.

Comment

• .... They have added several brand new rooms....

Comment

• Originally posted by ccrogers15 View Post
                        You should add a bathroom.
                        Re-watch the Halloween Teaser, you may get your wish.

Comment

• I know it's no simple feat. I have very limited knowledge of the C language, but it gets a ton more complex if you want to get fancy. I know basic programming (PHP, HTML) but those are different. I know that in fixing one bug, another my crop up due to conflicts within the code. This can easily be fixed and I'm sure they are more interested in fixing game breaking bugs, broken mechanics, and just sprucing up the already established code.

I am sure they can fix this mess of a prototype. It may not be faithful, but what exactly is faithful? We don't know a lot of things about 1.5. A lot of that info is not available. Sure they'll have to take liberties with the story and design, but if they know the flow of events and general idea of what is going to happen, then good. It's enough for me. We'll probably never get the 80% build, so this if the best bet. It may not be accurate, but it's better than nothing guys. They are taking it upon themselves to finish this game from a very early beta. That is a feat in and of itself.

I still get bothered with some of the comments out there. These other modders proclaim The Team as "nothing special", when in fact they can't do the things they can. Bitching about copying code and whatnot is just a way to take out their own aggression and such. In The case of DXP: show me you an do what they can. If you give me proof then I may withdraw my statements against you, but until then, you can do the same and never could.

BACK TO 1.5!
                          My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• This seems appropriate.

OK, moving on from certain silly people, I really enjoyed the newest video. I couldn't hear that one part due to Elza and her shotgun, but it was nice seeing the item box in action and all the new content.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                              Why don't you see anyone doing such seemingly "simple" tasks as disabling the PS1 RE game's CRC checker that makes sure files aren't tampered with?
                              already done. and tools for it as well.

pointless to me though, the pc versions are superior.

Comment

• The new video was nice. We got to see the item box in action.
                                My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Working...
                                X