Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 2 Remake, how would you like yours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 2 Remake, how would you like yours?

Years has gone by and the closest thing to a Resident Evil 2 Remake has been a rail shooter, a good rail shooter in my opinion but still a rail shooter.

Now what I would like to know is how would you like your REmake 2! pre-rendered backgrounds like our beloved REmake on the gamecube? Resident Evil 6 styled gameplay? or would you like if it had that classic mixture of "corner cams" and the over the shoulder aiming and shooting just like we seen in RE 3.5?

I personally would like to see the RE 3.5 system put into effect if REmake 2 was to be made, it's a nice combination of what us old fans and the newer fans like.

What would you like REmake 2's style to be?

I don't want to see a remake of 2. The game still holds up to this day.
    sigpic

Comment

Non-existent.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

about the 3.5 style, i agree and have said so before. especially with no hud.

funny thing, markgrass found there is a way, in the original RE2, to have the camera follow you over the shoulder, but none of the rooms are textured.

someone is also working on a biohazard-like engine, so a remake of 2 is not totally out of the question, even if capcom doesn't like scary games anymore.

Comment

Should a RE2 remake ever happen (and it likely won't) I'd like to see it have a large amount of additional content. RE2's a short game, easily complete in under 3 hours without even trying for a speedrun. It would be nice if its longevity could be extended.

Personally, I think an interesting approach would be to take an idea that 1.5 would've used (the modern Police Station) and integrate it into the new version. The classic RPD would still be there too, but a new file would suggest that it was "under renovation" and in a kind of temporary state to meet the demands of an influx of new officers. Not only would this make the game a little longer, but it would also a) make it a little more realistic and b) allow us a "glimpse" at something that could've been. New enemy types would be included as well.

Gameplay could be either over-the-shoulder or classic cam, I'm not picky, but for nostalgia's sake I imagine most would want it to be pre-rendered backgrounds and classic cam. Other than that, keep the story roughly as is and we'd have a winner in my book.
          Last edited by DarkMemories; 06-24-2012, 09:39 AM.
          A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

Why does everyone want to remake everything, i NEVER want to see RE2 remake just like i never wanted to see a RE1 remake, the game was good yes but i played it once and i still to this day, play re1 original over and over. RE2 is one of the greatest games ever made still to this day, there is no need for a remake.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkMemories View Post
              RE2's a short game, easily complete in under 3 hours without even trying for a speedrun.
              you can do all 6 scenarios in 3 hours?!

Comment

No, but I consider a single run with any character any scenario to be "complete". They aren't different enough to truly constitute a another 3/4s of a game (Tofu doesn't count, HUNK's UC version is the canon one anyway) in the same sense. A game is complete once the credits roll.

Like I said, the idea of a modern police station would add a different dimension to RE2. Hell, make it the first thing you enter after getting off the streets. Not only would this throw off players familiar with the original (thereby allowing for some new scares) but it would partly satisfy a demand to see "something" from 1.5 should that game never come to light.
                A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

A REmake style of 2 and 3 would have been very cool during the gamecube era. But the Capcom of today has no interest, and nor would I want to see anymore remakes. After Resident Evil 4, the game play has shifted and the demand is for more fluid action with each iteration. REmake worked well because it was scarier and more horrific than the original. Its modern design worked with the classic game play to bring more richness to the mansion, characters and monsters.

Comment

If they did to RE2/3 what they did to RE1 I wouldn't be complaining!

Comment

A Resident Evil 2 remake... I think there's a good chance it will exist in a distant future when they will need to milk the series a bit more. The later the better, I'd want it to be top-notch.

Comment

RE4 Gameplay (without the kicks, punches, suplexes and everything "ninja") with Survival Horror Style. That's all.

Comment

I wont mind a remake , REmake Style or RE4 & 5 Style as it's faithful to the word "Survival Horror" and the original RE2 , And i would like it to be expanded more in a good way like REmake .... However they should never ever think of co-op unless if they wanted to keep Single Player based off original scenario "Canon Timeline" and CO-OP Mode to be "Spin Off" Based on The Dark-side Chronicles , and they should fully use 3D Abilities .....

That's it , i will enjoy it ;D

Only 2 people in the world don't want a REmake to happen because they don't wanna spend their money
                          Last edited by Mrox2; 06-24-2012, 04:11 PM.
                          Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
                          ^ Lol ...

Comment

Strange that I am The First to express this wish but a remake that i would love to see:
                            1.) Gameplay-wise change nothing, of course. Only include the missing guns from Beta1/Bio 1.5 would be cool, though.
                            2.) Rerender the original backgrounds at 4x4 resolution. Thats as close as 4/3 will get to Full-HD.
                            3.) Use the cinematic characters as playable chars.
                            4.) Better sound effects are okay sonic improvements on the music. Include missing Bio 1.5 tunes, of course.
                            5.) Better voice cast.

Minimal effort, and everybody is happy! Likliness of happening= 0%, unfortunately

Comment

I agree with what Smiley said I would have liked to see a Remake back when Gamecube was about but now I wouldnt want to see one. A remake RE4/5 style would ruin the original for me. I am not a huge fan of remakes but if they are done right then I dont see the point moaning about it. Dawn of the Dead, RE Remake, The Thing....there are more but not many. Which is why I choose to not see a remake of 2/3 because they are very rarely succesful and the way Capcom is now I wouldnt want to see one.

IF RE2/3 was to be Remade back in the Gamecube times, I would want to see the same style as RE1 Remake, Crimson Heads, some new enemys, new characters, more backstory. I would also like to see more or Irons, Marvin, Kendo and Ben. We dont need alot more but maybe a new scene or 2 for each. In terms of Ada if anything I would like to see less of her. She is a 'spy' and has way to much exposure as it is. For someone who is supposed to be behind the scenes character I think she needs to learn a thing or to from Wesker. Some new areas would be nice but I wouldnt want them to change anything add new by all means but I wouldnt want a single room replaced. It would have to be survival horror which is a given so that leads me back to the begginning or my post I wouldnt want this game to happen becaause Survival Horror has gone the way of the Dodo bird when it comes to RE.
                              Last edited by CrimsonElder; 06-24-2012, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X