Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 2 Remake, how would you like yours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the sad thing is there's not even a RE2 remake to debate about. It's all speculation at this point how the game would be conceived. So no one should get worked up here.

That said, poking fun at Project Umbrella is laughable when you compare it to gossip filled trash like Rely on Horror. I don't agree with News Bot on everything, but the man gives it his all on his site.

Comment

Co-op was planned in the series since the first game, they just realized it wasn't very good for horror at the time and cut it out. Incidentally they were correct, as BH5 proved. REV took a more restrained approach and basically had sections reminiscent of when Ada, Sherry or Carlos followed you in BH2 and BH3 only you couldn't even notice the partner half the time because they were always behind you. If it weren't for the in-game dialogue, you'd forget they were there. The partner is also much more out-of-the-way in BH6, from what we've seen so far. Watching the Leon gameplay video I had no idea Helena was even there until the player looked behind.

Darkside Chronicles should be Darkside Chronicles. A remake should not be Darkside Chronicles. Particularly since the original game is still vastly superior to its re-telling in that game, likewise with all three re-tellings in Umbrella Chronicles.
      Last edited by News Bot; 06-27-2012, 04:46 PM.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
        I thought you were done discussing it already. Everyone took it as a blatant insult, so don't be surprised that people get upset by it when you use hard-to-misinterpret phrases as "your site is laughed at by some people" (who you never extrapolate on, curiously) or again, calling his and other peoples' translations "abominations". Not to mention ripping on people for their lack of English comprehension when just now you had to clarify yourself for everyone because of your misinterpreted insults.

If you say you're done discussing it, be done discussing it.
        Please do not mistake my attempting to be nice and apologising to people who may have felt insulted for a mistake on my part, I was clearly replying to Newsbot when I said "like your translations aren't abominations proving it already."

You are now twisting my words to say I called all of PU translations abominations.

...and I need to reply despite trying to leave the thread because of posts such as yours and GTs making inaccurate claims and twisting words, like I just pointed out.
        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

99% of PU's translations are mine. Ergo, 99% of PU's translations are "abominations" and have a poor grasp of English, and twist words, and "just translate". Man, we sure do suck.

If anyone has any real problems or genuine criticism with any of the material on PU I would very much appreciate if you brought it up with me so we can work towards improving the quality further.
          Last edited by News Bot; 06-27-2012, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Not poking fun at PU at all. I respect what they (especially Paul) does for the community, as does most. Not that anyone's getting worked up. An RE2 remake would only seem to happen in the same circumstances as a FFVII remake. The company desperately needed the money but they had the resources to pull it off.

That being said, I do love how the co-op was employed in REV. RE6 seems to be very much in the same vein. 5 tried to get the formula right, but was fundamentally flawed. Sunlight throughout does not equal horror. At all. People complain about the melee available in 6. Why? It's an evolution of the series. If you ran out of bullets, you wouldn't try to run past, you'd fight for your life! The only laughable thing about the melee (in my opinion) is that most moves seem to end in a meatsplosion decap. I'd be better off w/ roundhouse kicks and zombie facepalms that incapacitated the enemy for a few seconds than annihilated them on the spot. More realistic and more frightening. At least to me....

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
              99% of PU's translations are mine. Ergo, 99% of PU's translations are "abominations" and have a poor grasp of English, and twist words, and "just translate". Man, we sure do suck.
              No one has any reason to feel insulted then. Great we cleared that one up.
              Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Seriously, it's getting really petty here... but seriously, between the two of you, how would you have your remake of 2?

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                  No one has any reason to feel insulted then. Great we cleared that one up.
                  It's still an insult against me and there are many translations that aren't mine, also. 99% is an exaggeration given the sheer volume of content we have. TheBatman paid for translations to be handled by professional translators, upwards of £100. Welsh and BioTech did quite a lot of translations and have a 20+ page topic dedicated to them. You're still insulting them. Not giving any specific examples does not help, but since you're full of shit and have no idea what you're talking about, it doesn't really matter. Your "apology" was also quite hilarious, so thanks for that laugh at the very least.

By the way, your "I HAVE BLACK/GAY FRIENDS TOO" defense was nice in regards to having "some people" from PU having you on IM and gaming together. That "some people" is one person who hates you just like everyone else. Nice try, though.
                  Last edited by News Bot; 06-27-2012, 05:13 PM.

Comment

I don't know if I said it here or not but an RE2 remake not following the same formula as it's predecessor would not be a good idea.

The way the architecture is built in the first two games really worked well for the game mechanic they were using at the time. An RE4 approach would not be practical unless they made some changes to the way the building looked (made it more expansive to move about) as everything would be linear. It just wouldn't feel right. I'd love to see a RE2 remake like the style they did with the first game but that time seems to have come and pass when it would have been most beneficial to the company (the Gamecube versions) but even then they said it would take too long for them to go through and redo all of them. I'd just be happy with a HD version of RE2 at this point but until that or a remake of a true survival horror genre that follows fixed-cameras I am content with my copy of RE2.

Comment

@ Newsie and @ Dracarys. How would you do an ReMake 2?

Comment

Revelations is different. The main campaign was originally intended for co-op, but they moved it aside to Raid Mode and left the story portion as a single player game. RE6 will have Mercenaries and its main campaign with the full intent to utilize co-op.

I don't think melee was a problem. If you're looking for good horror experience then less is more so more vulnerable characters equals more fear for their safety. But in terms of action the melee is fine. The new games use it effectively when breaking out of holds or kicking people away. Where it can get silly is when they have a variety of stylized maneuvers that allow you to stun or kill enemies in a variety of ways. That stuff is better suited for Mercenaries.

But things change. RE is more action oriented now so they might as well make the action good to play through. And despite the heavy emphasis on action RE6 will likely try to draw in fear through other means. Like the story or conflict of the characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiser View Post
                          @ Newsie and @ Dracarys. How would you do an ReMake 2?
                          Not at all.

Comment

Taken. Again, I would welcome a horror-oriented game that makes sense of why Leon and Claire stick together. Sadly, there's not a reason for her to reappear in a game (thanks Degen...) God I'd like to see her back in lead role. Less than 3 sign.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiser View Post
                              Taken. Again, I would welcome a horror-oriented game that makes sense of why Leon and Claire stick together. Sadly, there's not a reason for her to reappear in a game (thanks Degen...) God I'd like to see her back in lead role. Less than 3 sign.
                              I would prefer that CAPCOM keep to being consistent bastards rather than inconsistent bastards.

Comment

When would you have last considered them to actually be consistent?

Comment

Working...
                                X