Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 2 Remake, how would you like yours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
    Congrates on proving to everyone yet again you are useless when it comes to reading english, like your translations aren't abominations proving it already. I said nothing about Hunk or Ada running about in co-op with Leon and Claire.

Do you have an empty life that you feel the need to keep taking shots at me, even when you've got fuck all to do with a comment I make? You even do it on other forums, have you got some weird obseesion I should be worried about? Honest question, I want to help you fill you life wit better things so you stop coming across as a complete prick to everyone.
    No, you said Jill and Carlos. Pretty much the same deal considering he was taking the piss out of you. Accusing everyone who argues with you of being unable to read, which is tinged with irony that can only be described as genius, gets old after a while. Don't see why you are attacking my translations when there is nothing wrong with them and everyone except you acknowledges what they've proven, but you're too far up your own vagina to acknowledge being wildly incorrect.

I don't see how pointing out a fact is "taking shots" at you. Perhaps if you had any idea what you were talking about I wouldn't need to reply at all. He was taking the piss out of you. Replacing two names doesn't make his point moot, but it's nice that you try so hard to try and make your constant flurry of bullshit seem relevant or reasonable.
    Last edited by News Bot; 06-27-2012, 02:06 PM.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

"Other than him taking the piss out of you (basically the only thing you're good for)"

More of your useless understanding of english, cannot even understand yourself if you don't think this is a taking a shot. You are pathetic.

I said nothing of the sort about Hunk and Ada, if you think I did, more shitty english and even inventing bullshit to flame with.
      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

"Other than him taking the piss out of you (basically the only thing you're good for)"

More of your useless understanding of english, cannot even understand yourself if you don't think this is a taking a shot. You are pathetic.

I said nothing of the sort about Hunk and Ada, if you think I did, more shitty english and even inventing bullshit to flame with.
        It's a statement of fact. I can't think of anyone who actually thinks your posts are insightful or worthwhile. Maybe you should try reading yourself? The only person who seems to have a problem with my English is, conveniently, you. You might want to try and think of something else to keep replying with. I acknowledged that you didn't mention Ada or HUNK. Doesn't make what he said any less relevant.

No, you said Jill and Carlos. Pretty much the same deal considering he was taking the piss out of you.

Comment

This is why your fanon site is laughed at by some people who bother to look into things themselves, you take one very clear statement and twist it into something completely different and think it is the exact same thing.

..and I laugh and criticism of my posts from you consider had PU staff PM me to ask me to stop making you act the prick.

I'm done in this thread, mods can deal with it. Lowering myself everytime I reply to you.
          Last edited by Dracarys; 06-27-2012, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Okay, I dunno how Jon handled being a mod for so long, but for fuck's sake, both of you stop. Fighting. Now. Holy shit.

As I said in your messages, you're lucky Jon didn't see this first or one, if not both of you would be taking a nice vacation.

Just stop it. Ignore each other if you have to, that's what the function is for. But stop fighting or straight-up bans will be given out.

Edit: If you truly must continue this childish game, do it in private messages. Stop clogging the forums. That goes for both you.

Edit edit: And Dracarys, that PU comment was entirely unnecessary. That's not just insulting Paul, but everyone who has worked on it or is affiliated with it (TheBatman, George Trevor, Mr. Spencer, Neptune, Chimera, etc.) I assure you that, though not a part of PU myself, they work tirelessly at what they do and their work outshines just about everything short of going to the writers and other Capcom employees themselves (which, as a matter of fact, the PU staff generally does anyway). Whether or not you agree about the quality of content is your choice, but insulting the work that went into the site and its content is flat-out wrong.
            Last edited by Canas Renvall; 06-27-2012, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Aaaaw! Canas to the rescue

Here I was browsing through the thread, grinning as I got ever-so-closer to the end of the thread and the almighty "ban all selected posters"-button...

Maybe next time, Bannon ... We'll get 'em next time!

Comment

I try to give as many chances as I can. I don't like to ban if I don't have to... but even my patience runs thin with these two.

Now, with all that done, let's try to keep the fighting to a minimum, okay? I'd hate to have to make it Ban-Hammer Time.

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post

Edit edit: And Dracarys, that PU comment was entirely unnecessary. That's not just insulting Paul, but everyone who has worked on it or is affiliated with it (TheBatman, George Trevor, Mr. Spencer, Neptune, Chimera, etc.) I assure you that, though not a part of PU myself, they work tirelessly at what they do and their work outshines just about everything short of going to the writers and other Capcom employees themselves (which, as a matter of fact, the PU staff generally does anyway). Whether or not you agree about the quality of content is your choice, but insulting the work that went into the site and its content is flat-out wrong.
                  THANKS C.R ~ You're a first class gentlemen; I was almost going to bite after that odious comment pertaining to the quality of our translations. May I also add Welsh to that list, a man who could perhaps show those who are unaware of the Trevor's existence prior to REmake, the light.

Comment

In regards to the concept of a remake, I think the logic of Mikami and Kobayashi when remaking BH1 should be heavily retained by any new staff members if a remake of any other game in the series is to be considered.

--I understand, by the way, why did you remake Resident Evil this time?

M: First reason is simple, I thought it is hard for users to play original Resident Evil one more time with the same graphics.
                    K: Original Resident Evil released 6 years ago.
                    M: I didn't want people to be judgmental of the graphics before they realize the charm of Resident Evil. So, we fixed the graphics and people can enjoy the world of Resident Evil easier.

--If that was the reason, why didn't you change only the graphics?

K: In the beginning of the development stage, we planned almost no change in the game, only graphics.
                    M: Die-hard Resident Evil fan would buy re-make with only new graphics, but I think it is not fun to play, in the beginning, I thought only small change but finally, we made a lot of changes.
                    K: Last fall, we made a lot of changes on the mansion, made new graphics and everything. even changed strategy. But still Resident Evil was Resident Evil.
                    At that time, Shinji had one more idea to change....
                    M: First, I thought make all enemies invisible, but people said that would make the game completely different. I was in a dilemma, if I change a lot, people would say "This is not Resident Evil" or if I don't, people say "repeating same". So, I had an idea it is on the very limit of allowable change that if dead enemy will come back, it will be a thrill.
                    K: "This time, the zombie will come back." That is our biggest sales point.
                    M: If you want to make them not come back, *****************
                    K: We can't tell you how, but there are 2 ways.

Comment

To clear some confusion, I was not taking a pop at the entire PU site though I can see why it can be taken that way from my wording, I have a couple people on IM and PSN who I chat/game with occasionally and they know in better detail my thoughts on things. Apologies to anyone else though.

Comment

To clear some confusion, I was not taking a pop at the entire PU site though I can see why it can be taken that way from my wording, I have a couple people on IM and PSN who I chat/game with occasionally and they know in better detail my thoughts on things. Apologies to anyone else though.
                        I got quite a different impression from your sweepingly blind review of our translations as "abominations".

May I point out that without these abominations you would still be stuck with the completely inaccurate English amateur translations of the Resident Evil game files, rather than have the considerable benefit of the true content as contained in their Biohazard counterparts.

OR would you prefer to rely on the irrelevantly erroneous English files ? Without Newsbot et al you would surely be lumbered with that.

When you refer to Project Umbrella as a fansite, it's breathtakingly obvious that you insult both staff & members alike. Poor show indeed.

Comment

I know exactly what I meant since I am the one who said it, please do not presume to tell me otherwise. It isn't like you're the only group who does translations and even if you were supplementary material has just as many errors and inconsistances as english releases and I find the suggestion it is still better than english flawed at best. I'm done discussing this and if you wish to proceed to try tell me my own mind then I have no time for you and rescind the apology.

Comment

I thought you were done discussing it already. Everyone took it as a blatant insult, so don't be surprised that people get upset by it when you use hard-to-misinterpret phrases as "your site is laughed at by some people" (who you never extrapolate on, curiously) or again, calling his and other peoples' translations "abominations". Not to mention ripping on people for their lack of English comprehension when just now you had to clarify yourself for everyone because of your misinterpreted insults.

If you say you're done discussing it, be done discussing it.

Comment

Originally posted by GEORGE TREVOR View Post
                              I got quite a different impression from your sweepingly blind review of our translations as "abominations".

May I point out that without these abominations you would still be stuck with the completely inaccurate English amateur translations of the Resident Evil game files, rather than have the considerable benefit of the true content as contained in their Biohazard counterparts.

OR would you prefer to rely on the irrelevantly erroneous English files ? Without Newsbot et al you would surely be lumbered with that.

When you refer to Project Umbrella as a fansite, it's breathtakingly obvious that you insult both staff & members alike. Poor show indeed.
                              People who confuse the U.S. Congress with "federal council", National Security Council with "National Species Protection Committee", FBI with "Federal Police Department", biological defense with "wildlife protection", dominant species with "master/control", Sacred Snakes with "Sacred Serpents", Oswell with "Ozwell", Zinoviev with "Ginovaef", completely retcon a character's history, don't know the meaning of "plasmolyze" and think "Mr. Death" is better sounding than Grim Reaper know more than us, man.

Because localization.
                              Last edited by News Bot; 06-27-2012, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Congrates (sp? ...) aside.... Look, enough of the petty arguing. Let's just agree to disagree, huh peeps?

Anywho... I wouldn't mind a sort of remastering/remake of RE2 that featured both Leon and Claire as partners throughout the game as long as the following criteria was met:

1. The audience was pretty much explicitly given a reason why the two SHOULD NOT split up. I mean, c'mon, don't make sense.
                                2. Capcom does what no one else has done and makes 2 player co-op an actual horror experience
                                3. The mish-mash story of Leon/Claire A and B becomes somehow understandable between all 4 scenarios
                                4. Some goodie type unlockables were available ala HUNK.
                                5. Newsie and Draycarys didn't argue

That being said, I do like the retelling via Leon that DSC provides of those scenarios. Seriously, it does make sense to me that Leon and Claire don't split up. I mean, once they met up (either in the STARS office or the hallway, they should've stuck together. Hell DSC could've taken precedence from that point on).

Comment

Working...
                                X