Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shanemurphy
    replied
    Hey can someone spoiler tag what this RE6 spoiler from the damnation credits is for me?

Leave a comment:

• Kei_M
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
    Agreed with the above. Nothing to indicate this would be Carla. Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Leave a comment:

• TheBatMan
    replied
    Agreed with the above. Nothing to indicate this would be Carla. Spoiler:

Leave a comment:

• Kei_M
    replied
    I'm more willing to assume it's Ada. The difference in personality could be attributed to direction, translation, actress interpretation, etc etc. If it weren't actually Ada I'm sure Leon would have picked up on it or they would have made more of a reference to her not being who she seemed. I'm assuming Carla is still meant to be a plot twist that just got spoiled too early, so there'd be no point in including a character no one should know exists yet.

Leave a comment:

• [STARS]TyranT
    replied
    Absolutely loved it! I appreciate it's kinda stand alone, and only really sets up Ada's 'position' and Leon's apparent lack of faith in his government, but on the whole I thought it was good solid fun.

My thoughts.

Courtney Taylor tries bless her, but she's absolutely no match for me on Sally Cahill. She sounds the same, the but the acting is just not quite there.

Matthew Mercer must be an alias of Paul Mercier, it's frightning it really is.

Lickers are amazing when taking out of the constrains of a game.

And Tyrant's are unbelievable, honestly this is the first time I think i've actually been frightened by how utterly relenetless and powerful a Tyrant is, Leon and Buddy barely escaped with their lives from a single one, and had the deus ex machina not existed with the 'help' at the end they stood absolutely no chance. Loved Leon's attempt to use a rocket launcher to kill one though, I think we were all thinking "Use a fucking rocket launcher!!! It always works!!" and he tried, to sadly no avail. But they looked amazing, like proper amazing.

Ada/Carla/Carla/Ada, who was it throughout? She's a little out of character in that she goes psycho and full on tries to kill the President, but then at the same time she retains all the spy stuff that we expect (like dagger in shoes.etc.etc.)

I think.....

Degeneration will stand the test of time better of the two, but they are still two rather marvellous movies. And stand proud to show the world you can have a Resident Evil film without the inanity of the Anderson movies.

Leave a comment:

• Kei_M
    replied
    It finally popped up for Canadians, so I just got to watch it. I liked it allot more than Degeneration, allot more! These Plaga-infected were allot more interesting than the zombies from the first film. I just wish Mercer was better at delivering those one-liners. =\

JD was adorable as fuck. <333

Leave a comment:

• Archelon
    replied
    Originally posted by Zombie View Post
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Leave a comment:

• Vito
    replied
    Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
    If he wasn't friends with him then why the hesitation to shoot? The people defending Leon being a dumbass used the friend excuse. If he truly was an asshole to Leon then why not just shoot him and do a happy dance?
    My guess is that Leon finally respected him because he was coming clean about RC.

Also for some guys saying Spoiler:
    Last edited by Vito; 09-17-2012, 08:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Zombie
    replied
    It think there is too much unmarked spoiler from RE6 here, I loved the movie, it's not perfect but it's a RE movie, the fights between the likers and the tyrant are fantastic.

Now I have two questions.

Spoiler:

Leave a comment:

• Rombie
    replied
    Cheers NB. I can see why they'd script that because it would lend weight to him revealing some hidden truths behind the event to the public if he was involved with the original Raccoon event.

It's not implausible that Leon would, after being in the employ of the US for so long now, actually consider him a friend. I and only mean if that had been implied in the original version as well you could understand after all this time Leon may have seen the events and people with a different view than he first did given what else has happened since. But I guess it's alterations for localization run rampant again as you say.

I hope like most of the other games in the franchise you have the chance to play/watch the whole game in Japanese at some time, I'll be interested to know what else the PU crew find if this alone is coming up from trailers and demos.
    Last edited by Rombie; 09-17-2012, 06:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• News Bot
    replied
    Originally posted by Rombie View Post
    The thing that surprises me more out of this entire discussion is that Benford was even involved with Leon being forced to join the US govt forces in the first place, given the length of time between RE2's events and RE6's.

I haven't kept up on where each connection comes from, but where is it that Benford was involved with the events in Raccoon and the start of Leon's career? Other than him saying of course he wants to come clean with the coverup I mean.
    It's stated in his profile on the BH6 website. He was a "high-ranking government official" at the time, and an intelligence agent for the "secret military agency" he recruits Leon into.

Leave a comment:

• Rombie
    replied
    The thing that surprises me more out of this entire discussion is that Benford was even involved with Leon being forced to join the US govt forces in the first place, given the length of time between RE2's events and RE6's.

I haven't kept up on where each connection comes from, but where is it that Benford was involved with the events in Raccoon and the start of Leon's career? Other than him saying of course he wants to come clean with the coverup I mean.

Leave a comment:

• News Bot
    replied
    Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
    Then he is experienced to know to just shoot, hesitation comes from a emotional reason to not want to fire which an asshole would not provide. Either Leon is a complete retard or they friends.
    Or, more likely than either, the translators are retards. Consistency is not their strong point, neither is staying true to the intentions of the developers or writers.

It's kind of just a game. Character reactions aren't always, if ever realistic. This is likely the real reason he hesitates.

Also, it makes sense for Leon to hesitate. Firstly, there is a t-virus vaccine. Secondly, it's the fucking President, the man who would be top of the list of people receiving the vaccine. Leon isn't aware of any new zombie-making virus at this point, so it makes sense for him to hesitate based on the possibility. He isn't the only one who hesitates either, Helena is the one being attacked and she does fuck all, and she has never had any profound interaction with Benford.
    Last edited by News Bot; 09-17-2012, 02:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dracarys
    replied
    Originally posted by Tyrant Rose View Post
    Dude's still the President. Sure Leon knows he can't be saved but he's still the President.
    Then he is experienced to know to just shoot, hesitation comes from a emotional reason to not want to fire which an asshole would not provide. Either Leon is a complete retard or they friends.
    Last edited by Dracarys; 09-17-2012, 02:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Archelon
    replied
    Originally posted by Tyrant Rose View Post
    Dude's still the President. Sure Leon knows he can't be saved but he's still the President.
    Pretty much this.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X