No announcement yet.

[RELEASE] Biohazard 1.5 Hacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get off it. Some of you people are always quick to turn on whoever IGAS label as "bad". DB has been doing stuff like this a long time. So leave him be to do what he does.

Comment

• Well, not know really what the problem is here, I use my free time to do this work, to give people a more stable and complete version to play and could enjoy better this great game, not to get "attention" or "be famous" (like the stupid things I see in the other topic).

I'm sure there are people here who follow my work since 2008 (when I started recently in the world of modding) and know me, know who I am.

And yes, in my last patch I have used a few of elements that can only be obtained from the vanilla build, things I use to fix some cutscenes and to make more stable some rooms.

I do not have the vanilla build, only I have some data of the same, that a friend (obviously not going to say his name) very kindly, sent me to help me to make this work.

All this was done with the best intention, not to cause fights or anything. ;)

And to reply to Gemini: Yes man... yes... I have these famous emulator call PSX 1.14... I hope you are now finally satisfied and stop talking about that.

Comment

• great patch really enjoying it

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark Biohazard View Post
          And to reply to Gemini: Yes man... yes... I have these famous emulator call PSX 1.14... I hope you are now finally satisfied and stop talking about that.
          Nope, not satisfied, as you never had the permission from the author to use it and people who got it actively contributed to the emulator's progress. But I can see people turning a blind eye just because they get more "new" stuff from you. Massively sad how society works.
          Last edited by Gemini; 05-27-2013, 09:16 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
          , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
            Nope, not satisfied, as you never had the permission from the author to use it and people who got it actively contributed to the emulator's progress. But I can see people turning a blind eye just because they get more "new" stuff from you. Massively sad how society works.
            Whats the big deal about this emulator? Ive heard alot of about it. Whats the big deal if someone has an unreleased build of a emulator, when there are *many* others like it?

Comment

• Originally posted by ccrogers15 View Post
              Whats the big deal about this emulator? Ive heard alot of about it.
              It's a special build meant for developers only, very much like an expensive SDK.

Whats the big deal if someone has an unreleased build of a emulator, when there are *many* others like it?
              Let's say somebody comes, steals something away from you and then uses it to make "profit". Would you just pretend nothing happened? Of course not, unless you're actually one of the parts who get all the benefits. Theft is never a nice thing, especially when you have contributed *nothing*.
              Last edited by Gemini; 05-27-2013, 09:33 AM.

Comment

It's a special build meant for developers only, very much like an expensive SDK.

Let's say somebody comes, steals something away from you and then uses it to make "profit". Would you just pretend nothing happened? Of course not, unless you're actually one of the parts who get all the benefits. Theft is never a nice thing, especially when you have contributed *nothing*.
                So basically you are saying, you helped develop this, and supposedly db has the program? How in the world would he of obtained that unless you had rouge developers who helped you, but leaked it to him.
                Last edited by ccrogers15; 05-27-2013, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• No one cares I don't give a shit It's just nice to play 1.5 with a few extras here and there while I wait for the teams proper build.

I don't care if he has some special version of the emulator , the world wont come to end because some other guy around the world has this "special" emulator.

Life moves on (for most of us)

Comment

• Originally posted by ccrogers15 View Post
                    So basically you are saying, you helped develop this, and supposedly db has the program? How in the world would he of obtained that unless you had rouge developers who helped you, but leaked it to him.
                    "With a few more people" to the first and "Colvin" to the second.

Originally posted by chrisliam2 View Post
                    I don't care if he has some special version of the emulator , the world wont come to end because some other guy around the world has this "special" emulator.
                    I was expecting a reply à la Robin Hood, given how people are fine as long as they get a slice. Please, let's not bury every single thing under a metric ton of sugar. It's disrespectful to somebody's hard work, simple as that.

Comment

"With a few more people" to the first and "Colvin" to the second.

I was expecting a reply à la Robin Hood, given how people are fine as long as they get a slice. Please, let's not bury every single thing under a metric ton of sugar. It's disrespectful to somebody's hard work, simple as that.
                      Well sorry to hear that happened. Was this emulator version ever intended to release? Or was it some kinda dev build only type of content?

Comment

• It was meant for development only, as it also contains some bits of Ps2 emulation which gets removed on public releases.
                        Last edited by Gemini; 05-27-2013, 10:11 AM.

Comment

• Look the point is DB told us the truth. He admitted to being sent data from the vanilla build to help with his work. He told us that he doesnt have said build. He admitted to using this "special emulator". So seriously let it go. He's been one of the most honest members of this community I've been happy to talk to. Its not like he's doing any of this for fame, he just wants to make the game more enjoyable for everyone else and expect nothing in return.

DB my friend at least you can know I'm on your side buddy

Comment

• ^ I see your point, but that's not what this is all about.

IGAS had people with connections to later 1.5 builds - which obviously would have had new/changed content and ideas - which they could have used to make the 40% build (WIP one) more complete and playable.
                            But thanks to these fixes - as nice as they are - those contacts have now pulled out of the deal - IGAS may have lost all contact IDK?

So their final release of 1.5 might not be as complete as it could have been..
                            Doesn't that get to anyone? Very sad ..
                            Last edited by RaccoonSurvivor; 05-27-2013, 11:32 AM.
                            "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• well now you are playing hero to his hard work.

if he did not breach trust with anyone directly, he did nothing wrong. and nothing different than any of us would do.

well, except for all the hard work hacking stuff.
                              Last edited by J0shuaKane; 05-27-2013, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by J0shuaKane View Post
                                if he did not breach trust with anyone directly, he did nothing wrong.
                                Does this even make any sense? Why many people like to play devil's advocate is beyond me.

Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
                                So their final release of 1.5 might not be as complete as it could have been..
                                Doesn't that get to anyone? Very sad ..
                                Sometimes I'm under the impression that a few people ignore this completely on purpose and just go "better an egg today than a hen tomorrow". But honestly, I give up trying to make any sense out of this. If people want to ignore shady facts on purpose, so be it. Ignoring theft on purpose? Good, even if generally it's not. With this attitude it's no mystery if the community as a whole can never expect getting good things.
                                Last edited by Gemini; 05-27-2013, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X