[RELEASE] Biohazard 1.5 Hacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dark Biohazard View Post
    In PVB DEBUG MENU data is inside PSX.EXE, so to see it you should open that file with any Hex Editor (I use Hex Workshop) and go to address: 00060734 (address is in HEX format).

There you will see lines of 26 bytes each one, the first line is for ROOM100, second for ROOM102, third for ROOM103, etc. Also there you can see the name for the rooms in each line (some of those lines have not name, because is unused in game).

Now, to unlock this lines in game, you just should look for the first byte of each line:

00 = Locked
    01 = Unlocked

You just should change 00 by 01 to unlock the line.

Save the new PSX.EXE and import it with CDmage.

Here I will give you a already edited PSX.EXE for the PVB with all lines unlocked:
    MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Note: Just in case, if you try to enter to the unlocked lines in DEBUG MENU, that will crash the game, just ROOM20B not crash the game, however, that freeze the game a few of seconds later.
    Thanks for the help! I learned something new messing around with CDmage! So how come the rooms crash? Is that a problem in the RDT file?

Comment

I'm working on it. ;)
      I respect you!
      Then can you add the Japanese subtitles?
      I'm Japanese. I live in Japan. I like Biohazard (Resident Evil)! The Japanese people wants to play the RE1.5 for Japanese language Ver.

Comment

I'm working on it. ;)
        Keep up the entertaining work.

Any new 1.5 stuff is always good to pass the time.

"A can of fizz. It's sure to yellow and mellow those things." - Barry Burton

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
          So how come the rooms crash? Is that a problem in the RDT file?
          RDTs are not the problem, but the .EXE.

Originally posted by AnzuAme View Post
          I respect you!
          Thanks you, but sorry, I can't add japanese subtitles.

Comment

• Ah, I guess that's a whole different challenge?

Hey Martin, you unlocked the beta basement in the MZD build, but did you ever get it working in the Trial Edition?

Comment

• Is the beta basement even part of the vanilla build?
              I could've sworn it came from early retail BH2 development, just like the medical room backgrounds...

Has anybody extracted all the backgrounds of the vanilla build yet?
              Would be interesting to compare and look for differences between them and the final build backgrounds we got from the BH2 Trial Edition.

Some rooms, like the conveyor line room in the factory (ROOM 304) and the laboratory 3-B corridor (ROOM 510) use rough placeholder backgrounds, for example.

I was away from the community for a while and have just been catching up on all the recent IGAS facebook news and the vanilla build leak. If it's already been done, I'm sorry, I guess I just missed it in the recent 1.5 news flood...
              Last edited by Upaluppa; 10-11-2013, 06:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
                Hey Martin, you unlocked the beta basement in the MZD build, but did you ever get it working in the Trial Edition?
                That's because BH2 Trial have some problems in .EXE too.

Originally posted by Upaluppa View Post
                Is the beta basement even part of the vanilla build?
                No.

Originally posted by Upaluppa View Post
                Has anybody extracted all the backgrounds of the vanilla build yet?
                I have it, I will try to upload it today. ;)

Comment

• Whoops, sorry, geluda.

I should've actually read your question before posting. Just realized that you asked about the BH2 Trial Edition, not the 1.5 vanilla build.

I'm feeling really stupid now, sorry again...

@Dark Biohazard:
                  That would be great!
                  I'm really looking forward to seeing the backgrounds!
                  Last edited by Upaluppa; 10-11-2013, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnzuAme View Post
                    If I may be permitted to misquote D.Birkin?

"If you want Japanese, go play the PVB."

All in good humor, of course .... Been waitin' for a chance to use that. Thanks, AnzuAme.
                    Last edited by RMandel; 10-11-2013, 03:53 PM.
                    Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
                    Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Upaluppa View Post
                      @Dark Biohazard:
                      That would be great!
                      I'm really looking forward to seeing the backgrounds!
                      Here all Biohazard 1.5 (Vanilla Build) backgrounds in PNG format:
                      MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I keep working in cutscenes, here a update of my last two cutscenes:

Updated version of my previous v2.0; Roy in Mirror Room cutscene:
                      Updated version of my previous v2.0; Roy in Mirror Room cutscene.I hope you like it!

Updated version of my previous v1.0; John in Prison cutscene:
                      Updated version of my previous v1.0; John in Prison cutscene.I hope you like it!

Also, I discover a incomplete puzzle in Chief Irons Office:
                      Probably all you know about this puzzle, because Team IGAS show us time ago, but recently I discover that this puzzle exist in the original BH1.5 disc data,...

I hope you like it!

Comment

• the mass effect style ass shot of elza was perfect

Comment

Thanks you, but sorry, I can't add japanese subtitles.
                          OK! I understand!
                          I'm Japanese. I live in Japan. I like Biohazard (Resident Evil)! The Japanese people wants to play the RE1.5 for Japanese language Ver.

Comment

• Excellent work, Martin! =)
                            sigpic

Comment

• Friend DB could make a patch for Resident Evil 2 beta 2 to change to Lion by Claire interezante serious please respond

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesus Romero View Post
                                Friend DB could make a patch for Resident Evil 2 beta 2 to change to Lion by Claire interezante serious please respond
                                Well, that's very possible dude, but I see nothing interesting about it. :S However, let me see what I can do. ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X