[RELEASE] Biohazard 1.5 Hacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
    How accurate are the room dimensions/shape/measurements in these custom rooms, if you don't mind me asking?
    Vey simple, DXP is using a prefessional method to created the rooms, what he is using is a plugin for Blender (made by mortician), with this you can get perfect camera angles for your custom room, no more camera errors!

Originally posted by AleX_Red_07 View Post
    Looks good.
    Thanks!

Originally posted by Aydan View Post
    its the archives room right? at the end of that hallway with the cameras in?
    Exactly!
    ----------------------------------------

I am happy to announce that RPD will be completely playable in next patch!
    Last edited by Dark Biohazard; 11-11-2014, 10:10 AM.

Comment

• Full RPD ??? God. You make me happy!
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by AleX_Red_07 View Post
        Full RPD ??? God. You make me happy!
        Yeah, I'm not kidding, all you will be able to play a complete RPD! courtesy of DXP, because without him this would not have been possible.

Comment

• so will you make a working elevator and a stair case for the 1 2 and 3 floors?
          4 Itchy Tasty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aydan View Post
            so will you make a working elevator and a stair case for the 1 2 and 3 floors?

Oh man that would be really fantastic! I think this next new Patch will kicking our asses as fuk!
            "What is it? - BLOOD!"

Comment

• Sounds awesome. Looking forward to it.
              sigpic
              "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                How accurate are the room dimensions/shape/measurements in these custom rooms, if you don't mind me asking?
                I'm very tempted to answer this...

Comment

• I'll just leave this here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	bh2.rpd.3rdfloor.3tower01.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	403822Click image for larger version

Name:	CAex1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	403821Click image for larger version

Name:	2F_LiftHall(hirez).png
Views:	2
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	403823
                  Last edited by Enigmatism415; 11-12-2014, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                    I'm very tempted to answer this...
                    What you mean?

Dimentions for new rooms are perfect, since DXP is using a prefessional method to created the rooms, to be exact, he is using a plugin for Blender/Maya (made by mortician), with this you can get perfect camera angles for your custom rooms, so no more camera errors like in the past!

Comment

• Look at the picture. None of the dimensions match. In DXP's room the entrance is narrow and it becomes much wider near the elevator. As shown by Enigmatism, it's the contrary for the real room and it's supported by the official map layout and screenshots.

Comment

• It's also a bit daft to show a extra shot of the elevator door when backtracking past the vending machine, if crows are supposed to break through the windows, it makes sense to keep them out of view until your on the angle with the vending machine or elevator, the halfway house angle with both visable when backtracking doesn't fit, the elevator / vending machine wall is too wide, it only just needs to be wider than the vending machine itself atm it's almost double.
                        Last edited by Mikhail; 11-14-2014, 08:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                          I'll just leave this here:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9854[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]9853[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]9855[/ATTACH]
                          Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                          Look at the picture. None of the dimensions match. In DXP's room the entrance is narrow and it becomes much wider near the elevator. As shown by Enigmatism, it's the contrary for the real room and it's supported by the official map layout and screenshots.
                          Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
                          It's also a bit daft to show a extra shot of the elevator door when backtracking past the vending machine, if crows are supposed to break through the windows, it makes sense to keep them out of view until your on the angle with the vending machine or elevator, the halfway house angle with both visable when backtracking doesn't fit.
                          I think you guys are confused, all you is talking about the 3F Elevator Hallway, but what DXP did was 2F Elevator Hallway, there is not a screenshot reference about 2F Elevator Hallway.

Comment

• We don't have screenshots of it, but we do have the official map which was ripped from the leaked build. The maps come with a built-in scale ruler, which while isn't completely accurate, allows you to get a rough estimate of the room. The second floor and third floor elevator halls have the same exact shape and size, the only difference being the double doors used on the second floor. For reference, here is a partial recreation I built according to the dimensions in the map. As you can see, it roughly matches up with the room shape in IGAS' recreation:

Name:	HaFfv79.png
Views:	1
Size:	254.2 KB
ID:	403825

Name:	iNCaf0h.png
Views:	1
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	403826

Also, the maps have an in-game scale ruler with 1 pixel being the equivalent of approximately 0.25 m. This is not a completely accurate way of measuring rooms though, BUT there is another possible use for it. In the example above, the width of the hallway segment leading back to the lobby is 8 pixels wide, while the correspondng width on the second floor hallway is 17 pixels wide (I marked them in neon blue in the picture). The second floor hallway is therefore 2.125 times as wide as the corresponding hallway segment on the first floor. Since DXP can import the official camera angles from RDT files to a 3d modelling app, he can faithfully recreate the dimensions of the first floor shutter hallway by tracing over the backgrounds. From there, he can adjust the size of the recreated first floor shutter hallway dimensions to perfectly match the intended dimensions of the second and third floor hallways by calculating the size difference using the map dimensions.
                            Last edited by biohazard_star; 11-14-2014, 09:36 AM.
                            Seibu teh geimu?
                            ---

Comment

• In the start I was thinking you ask me about camera angle dimentions, but now I can see what you was mean, about map dimentions, well, maybe is not like the official map show, but anyway, I'm not care if is not 100% perfect, I appreciate DXP help, the reason of this mod is just to give you folks a more complete 1.5 version to play, if you think it is not perfect, is ok, I respect it.

Comment

• Oh, I'm no doubt grateful for the additional rooms he has made, but if there's an easy way to make it more faithful to the intended room dimensions, then why not make use of it. Anyway, keep up the good work and I hope you release the next patch soon.
                                Last edited by biohazard_star; 11-14-2014, 10:31 AM.
                                Seibu teh geimu?
                                ---

Comment

Working...
                                X