No announcement yet.

Bio2 Bio1.5 Mix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you mean weapons that dont shoot projectiles(pistols, smg, shotgun), right? im looking for those values that determine where it hits the enemy based on the vertical axis. i can play around till i figure it all out, but i could never find them.

also i have it in my head its something like "between these '2 zaxis values' it hits the enemy 'here'", like a range for high, mid, and low. but from what you are saying its more complicated than changing a couple of numbers?

Comment

• I meant only weapons that work with projectiles, sprite-based arms work completely differently (knife is handled as such). Weapons use 3 circular+rect ranges, each based on distance. Vertical placement is rect, orientation is circular. Aim direction detection is actually determined by code setting flags under certain conditions, most of the time a calculation based on a vector connecting heads in a visual line (determines if the player can see an enemy's head through collisions), floor value, and super/null bone height difference. Hit boxes for entities are set up by code, those for weapons are a mix of code or data tables, depending on the weapon.
      Last edited by Gemini; 05-13-2015, 11:09 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
      , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• In other words, if you wanted to play the entire game as Sherry, you'd have to adjust quite a lot.

It would likely be best to start by modifying the hitbox structures, then move onto aethstetic stuff, like empty shell casings and fire.

I plan to release a utility to modify/create the weapon hit boxes from scratch - its been complete for about a year now, time to share my spoils soon.
        I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Will this be a part of your program "Mark Grass' Super Amazing Survival Horror Creator"? If that's the case I can't wait to use it. For some reason I wanted to say "reap what you have sown",however I don't know if that would be verbally correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
            Will this be a part of your program "Mark Grass' Super Amazing Survival Horror Creator"? If that's the case I can't wait to use it. For some reason I wanted to say "reap what you have sown",however I don't know if that would be verbally correct.
            xD Nope, it will have another uninspired name, likely with the generic "Bio" prefix.

...not sure what you mean by that last part, but no, I'm not trying to "one-up" anyone and no one is "getting what's coming to them". Karma need not apply here, I just want to see good things come from this, all petty feuds aside.
            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Okay, for the last comment what I trying to say in simple terms was, I can't wait to put your hard work to use. Sorry had too much coffee today.

Now all I'd need for it is a seq/vag/vab composer and exporter and player, model editor and model animator and I would be in complete awe.
              Last edited by Ultimacloud123; 05-13-2015, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
                Okay, for the last comment what I trying to say in simple terms was, I can't wait to put your hard work to use. Sorry had too much coffee today.

Now all I'd need for it is a seq/vag/vab composer and exporter and player, model editor and model animator and I would be in complete awe.
                Off day, here, too. No worries.

I have a working MID->SEQ converter, haven't tested it extensively yet, though. As for VAB, you can create, edit and compile your own banks using Sony's VAB tool. It works a charm and I have used it many times for this project alone.

As for the model/animation editor, most unfortunately I do not have permission to release that. Truth be told, it's not exactly useful for creating animations and such, anyway. You'd really need a well-known modelling app with a custom exporter, to output the MD1 and animation data.

Although it's certainly possible to do by hand with my app, creating/modifying 75+ frames per animation from a bank of 10+ different total animations isn't exactly ideal.

-however-

The app will provide support for loading and displaying models into room environments. That way, the user can create and scale the RDT collisions and such from scratch/etc. For example:

Assembly source code project, combined with all the other features in this app that I simply haven't mentioned yet, should be way more then enough to get people started with PSone modification.
                I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• gemini, thanks for not dumbing it down, for my own benefit i have to do research to figure out what ever word in those last 2 posts mean.

mark, thanks for dumbing it down. fixing hit boxes will also fix duke nukem and mr.x and any other tall characters. putting out a psone version of my mod would be great for availability. that would put it on pc, dreamcast and playstation. each would be different due to limitations, but that might make it easier for me i have alot of ideas XD

Comment

• Originally posted by J0shuaKane View Post
                    fixing hit boxes will also fix duke nukem and mr.x and any other tall characters. putting out a psone version of my mod would be great for availability. that would put it on pc, dreamcast and playstation. each would be different due to limitations, but that might make it easier for me i have alot of ideas XD
                    You can't use a tool to fix those, you need to rewrite or update the code, as player initializers are hardcoded to only have unique hitboxes with some IDs (most are shared). In other words, if you pull the trick with one version, it's going to be different on the rest of them, being them all compiled to separate machine languages and with varying toolchains. And no, player hitboxes are not considered for weapon calculations, they are used for some collision detections.
                    Last edited by Gemini; 05-16-2015, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• THANKS TO YOUR EXPLANATIONS I WAS ABLE TO HILLBILLY RIG IT TO DO WHAT I WANTED, FUCKING WITH THE MODEL AND ANIMATIONS TO MAKE THE PLANETS ALIGN. NOT A PRETTY WIN BUT I WILL TAKE IT FOR NOW

WE GET TO USE RDTWALKER!?

Comment

• Pickaxe.exe will do the job, I'm sure. Jokes aside, I guess Mark will expand upon what I said, since it's a one-way road no matter the irony or the platform.

Comment

• I know this has probably been asked countless times, but how different are the animations from 1.5 to 2? Like for Leon/Elza walking, running, pointing a gun etc?

I'm guessing it's probably a lot easier just using retail seeing how messed up 1.5 is.
                          Zombies...zombies everywhere...

Comment

• Originally posted by J0shuaKane View Post
                            putting out a psone version of my mod would be great for availability.
                            ...and it pretty much ends there.

r3000a MIPs machine code simply isn't compatible with either PC or DreamCast... but for what it's worth, at least you'll be able to burn something to a disc and play it in a real PSone console.

Gemini is correct, too, by mentioning that either old or new weaponry for old/new characters requires modifications to code, in some extreme cases, complete rewrites. Hence, what is seen in that H&K MC51 video I presented.

Hitboxes are only the tip of the iceberg - it's really much more complex than just editing a few values and hoping for the best. My utility can fix/adjust hitboxes to your heart's content, but it doesn't adjust or fix machine code and the way in which the weapon works.

The solution I'm providing can only do so much. Yes, it will be usable for beginners with little-to-no learning curve, but anything further than what I am providing "as-is" will require an expert in the field of either PSone programming and/or assembly. There never was and never will be a simple be-all end-all solution for anything of the sort, no matter the console or video game.

Originally posted by Darkside05 View Post
                            I know this has probably been asked countless times, but how different are the animations from 1.5 to 2? Like for Leon/Elza walking, running, pointing a gun etc?

I'm guessing it's probably a lot easier just using retail seeing how messed up 1.5 is.
                            I believe the runtime data is compatible, but that doesn't mean that it's going to work as intended.

For example, animation bank #01 may be the walking animation for 1.5, where animation bank #01 may be the running animation for retail. Hence why when one imports the prototype data into retail, the player goes bonkers with unwanted animations.

It can be fixed, but it's certainly not within my interest, most specifically because I cannot stand the animations from 1.5. Other than the goofy running animations, holding a fire-arm up in the air close to one's face/head is a rather idiotic stance. Oh, an that hair thing Leon does. No. Thanks.
                            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                              I believe the runtime data is compatible, but that doesn't mean that it's going to work as intended.

For example, animation bank #01 may be the walking animation for 1.5, where animation bank #01 may be the running animation for retail. Hence why when one imports the prototype data into retail, the player goes bonkers with unwanted animations.

It can be fixed, but it's certainly not within my interest, most specifically because I cannot stand the animations from 1.5. Other than the goofy running animations, holding a fire-arm up in the air close to one's face/head is a rather idiotic stance. Oh, an that hair thing Leon does. No. Thanks.
                              Come on now, we all know we love a bit of Leon waving his hair during a zombie outbreak

Click image for larger version

Name:	resident_evil_1_5___piers_nivans__by_zellphie-d6ex5rx.png
Views:	1
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	403928

But fair enough, I guess something like that would be the least of the troubles seeing the final is more smooth running and walking wise.
                              Zombies...zombies everywhere...

Comment

• Quick-turn is complete.

I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Working...
                                X