No announcement yet.

Bio2 Bio1.5 Mix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I noticed that Leon's Omake 2 Costume lacks the special handgun animation.
    Normally Leon fires the handgun single-handed when he's wearing the biker costume.

I don't know if this can be fixed, but poor Sherry is still stuck with Ada's AI, even when you select Claire's disc.
    This means that Claire's scenario currently can't be completed.

Edit:
    Another beta finding, SCD 15 in 618 Control Room triggers the BOW Gas, complete with Japanese text.

I've checked Room 508 "Lowering Passage B", by the way.
    None of the events or messages refer to the bloody hole in the wall, unfortunately...

SCD 4 might've been the bloody hole examination spot, but it doesn't do anything in the final build.

Edit2:
    I know it isn't feasible because of the large filesize, but would it be possible to reimplement the voiceovers into Bio Remix?
    If the voice acting returns I'll never go back to regular Bio2 Dual Shock again, this thing's just too awesome!
    Last edited by Upaluppa; 09-19-2015, 04:09 PM.

Comment

• I made a quick icon and background for people using eboots to play this on PSP.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HuDRzkk.png
Views:	1
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	404762Click image for larger version

Name:	NyDwdkJ.png
Views:	1
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	404763
      Last edited by braders1986; 09-19-2015, 10:56 AM.

Comment

• Wow how many patches came out in a relatively short period of time.
        Thanks =)
        sigpic

Comment

• Any update? Is anyone still interested into this great Project?
          "What is it? - BLOOD!"

Comment

• @Braders & Alex - Thank You!

Originally posted by Upaluppa View Post
            I noticed that Leon's Omake 2 Costume lacks the special handgun animation.
            Normally Leon fires the handgun single-handed when he's wearing the biker costume.
            Yeah, I goofed. It only requires an extremely simple file swap to fix.

I don't know if this can be fixed, but poor Sherry is still stuck with Ada's AI, even when you select Claire's disc.
            This means that Claire's scenario currently can't be completed.
            It can be fixed, yeah. It just requires a few simple switches to initiate the proper AI when playing as either Leon or Claire. This hack is based on Leon's disc/exe, so it initializes Ada by default.

Originally posted by CraZyEddy2010 View Post
            Any update? Is anyone still interested into this great Project?
            Nope, I haven't touched this since the last patch.
            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Come on, it's been a week since the last update, I'm sure MG hasn't forgotten about this, give her some time.

Personally I'd love to get the exact same version as in Pacchi 1.8, just with the voice acting reimplemented!
              That's the one thing I'm really missing in Bio Remix.

I love to revisit my favourite cutscenes in the game with the debug menu, but it's just not the same without voice acting.

The only other update/change I can think of is saving the currently selected Event in the menu so that I don't have to scroll through them all again if I want to trigger, say Event 15 out of 37 a second time.

It could be reset to 0 when leaving the room to avoid problems.

I'm also interested in the old version of Bio Remix that was based on the Bio 2 Beta.
              MG's debug menu would be very useful for finding Beta Events/Messages in the Bio 2 Beta and to directly compare them to their retail Bio 2 counterparts.

Most cutscenes have small differences between the Beta and the retail build which are only noticeable if you compare them head to head...
              Then there's also enemy/item/background differences such as that bloody hole in the factory, which I'd like to examine with MG's debug menu...

Plus, I'd love to play the Bio 2 Beta with Claire!

Edit:
              Sorry, MG, I guess you just replied while I was writing this.
              Last edited by Upaluppa; 09-29-2015, 05:47 AM.

Comment

• I think MG deserves like a hundred of these:

Just curious though, what emulator were you using when you were testing/developing this? It's hard to enjoy on ePSXe since it's a crashfest, so I'd rather use whatever you were using to ensure optimal compatibility.
                Last edited by biohazard_star; 09-28-2015, 11:14 PM.
                Seibu teh geimu?
                ---

Comment

• Give pSX 1.13 a try, it emulates Bio Remix, Bio 2 Beta and 1.5 flawlessly and comes with a handy debugger.

In fact, the only PS1 Resi game that doesn't seem to work in this emulator is the Biohazard 2 Trial Edition / Resident Evil 2 Preview, everything else works just fine.

It never goes past the title screen for some reason.
                  Last edited by Upaluppa; 09-29-2015, 05:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                    Just curious though, what emulator were you using when you were testing/developing this? It's hard to enjoy on ePSXe since it's a crashfest, so I'd rather use whatever you were using to ensure optimal compatibility.
                    I use pSX, but I've also tested in real hardware - original PlayStation and PS2 - and it works exactly as intended.

ePSXe has fancy plugins to make the 3D models look good and all, but not worth much of anything else.

Come on, it's been a week since the last update, I'm sure MG hasn't forgotten about this, give her some time.

Personally I'd love to get the exact same version as in Pacchi 1.8, just with the voice acting reimplemented!
                    That's the one thing I'm really missing in Bio Remix.

I love to revisit my favourite cutscenes in the game with the debug menu, but it's just not the same without voice acting.

The only other update/change I can think of is saving the currently selected Event in the menu so that I don't have to scroll through them all again if I want to trigger, say Event 15 out of 37 a second time.

It could be reset to 0 when leaving the room to avoid problems.

I'm also interested in the old version of Bio Remix that was based on the Bio 2 Beta.
                    MG's debug menu would be very useful for finding Beta Events/Messages in the Bio 2 Beta and to directly compare them to their retail Bio 2 counterparts.

Most cutscenes have small differences between the Beta and the retail build which are only noticeable if you compare them head to head...
                    Then there's also enemy/item/background differences such as that bloody hole in the factory, which I'd like to examine with MG's debug menu...

Plus, I'd love to play the Bio 2 Beta with Claire!

Edit:
                    Sorry, MG, I guess you just replied while I was writing this.

I won't release the Beta 2 build. Trust me when I say that it's for the best. The Beta RDT data can easily be imported and tested in retail; it's a rather simple procedure to change from English->Japanese text via a single bit flag.

Rather unfortunately, voice acting won't be returning, either. In fact, I removed every byte of code related to it because I needed the space for my own code. You can only have one or the other: voice acting & FMV or debug menu & custom file containers. I'll eventually look into what I can do in order to fit everything and retain my menu and file container stuff.
                    I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                      I won't release the Beta 2 build. Trust me when I say that it's for the best. The Beta RDT data can easily be imported and tested in retail; it's a rather simple procedure to change from English->Japanese text via a single bit flag.

Rather unfortunately, voice acting won't be returning, either. In fact, I removed every byte of code related to it because I needed the space for my own code. You can only have one or the other: voice acting & FMV or debug menu & custom file containers. I'll eventually look into what I can do in order to fit everything and retain my menu and file container stuff.
                      Ok, I understand.
                      Thanks for looking into it, but no matter, even if you can't do anything about the voice acting it's still an awesome toy to play around with.

By the way, one single line of voice acting is still in the game!
                      When Leon gets shot by Annette in Room 404 (T Next Corridor) he still shouts "Ada!".

I know about the language flag, it also affects the enemy/item placement, interestingly.
                      They hid some additional items in some rooms and changed some enemy positions for the US version, but if you set the language to Japanese you get to play the game with the original Biohazard 2 placements.
                      Last edited by Upaluppa; 10-05-2015, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• pSX works like a charm. Thanks for that. As for beta stuff, I remember reading that the secret elevator in Chief Iron's office originally had a puzzle that involved switches and a floor trap. The evidence being the background for the elevator itself, there are six levers on the wall and the floor looks like it can drop open. Flip the wrong switch and you'd fall to your death. I wonder if the RDT and masks for this room still contain data for the puzzle, assuming it even existed in the first place.
                        Last edited by biohazard_star; 09-30-2015, 12:02 PM.
                        Seibu teh geimu?
                        ---

Comment

pSX works like a charm. Thanks for that. As for beta stuff, I remember reading that the secret elevator in Chief Iron's office originally had a puzzle that involved switches and a floor trap. The evidence being the background for the elevator itself, there are six levers on the wall and the floor looks like it can drop open. Flip the wrong switch and you'd fall to your death. I wonder if the RDT and masks for this room still contain data for the puzzle, assuming it even existed in the first place.
                          Wow I never heard about that before. Where have you heard or read about it? This is really or would be really cool if there was still code on the game. I never realized these six levers. Need to check that out
                          "What is it? - BLOOD!"

Comment

• ^I remember reading about it over on the old mod forums. It was part of a long text post about beta stuff like the one above. I can't seem to find it anymore though. It had a bunch of other interesting tidbits. If the elevator puzzle did exist, it would be cool if it can be triggered using flags.
                            Last edited by biohazard_star; 09-30-2015, 09:21 PM.
                            Seibu teh geimu?
                            ---

Comment

^I remember reading about it over on the old mod forums. It was part of a long text post about beta stuff like the one above. I can't seem to find it anymore though. It had a bunch of other interesting tidbits. If the elevator puzzle did exist, it would be cool if it can be triggered using flags.
                              Exactly, it was a post made by Resiyoyoyo, here is it:

Comment

• This Chief Irons Elevator Puzzle sounds like a cool idea, I give you that, but neither the final build nor Beta 2 contain any leftovers that would hint at the existence of such a puzzle.

For such a puzzle to work, the background would have to change, however, no alternate background exists.
                                The Trial Edition lacks the background that shows the inside of the elevator, so there's no telling if anything special was planned for it at this stage of development.
                                Last edited by Upaluppa; 10-11-2015, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X