No announcement yet.

Capcom looking into creating more DLC for Resident Evil 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeh to be honest that Versus Mode was a big dissapointment. I would like new missions but the question is what are they going to do, how much work are they gonna invest in it and will it cost something?

Comment

Cool news.

"Classic" Mercs stages would be a nice touch (especially if they could let them involve new enemies to go with those locations. Just imagine the RPD or Mansion in Mercs, crawling with classic zombies... mmm...)

A new story mode, either following Josh, or some "behind the scenes" stuff for some other series favorites (taking place parallel to RE5 or at least directly related to it somehow) would've been nice. Unless it involves a B.S.A.A. uniform, I don't think they should do anything with Jill. What would be cool would be if they could make some sort of short 4 player co-op scenario, like how they are doing Lost Planet 2 in full 4 player co-op.
      (actually, that'd be a pretty cool boost, if they could update the engine in general from MT Framework 1.5 to 2.0)

Comment

I'm hoping they would do a "other story" set between the events around Josh during the BSAA and Majini ambush, which leads to the events off him meeting with Jill, having two stories told about it. More levels and characters would be a nice bonus to have for mercenaries, that's probably going to be more logical choice since Capcom love to do it quick, dirty, and cheap while returning in the monies.

Comment

I have a question. I don't mean to sound ignorant, but when it comes to DLC, is that just costumes, weapons, and game modes? Can you actually download entirely new levels even though they are not on the game disc?

I don't know how this DLC stuff works because I don't really play online games.
          My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
          ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

yes you can
            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
              yes you can
              That's pretty neat then. If a company needed ideas on DLC and asked the fans what they wanted, I'd tell them to make new levels to play on.
              My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
              ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Well whatever happened to that suggestion thread that Sven refers to? seems like that went to waste. Capcom can start off by giving the console owners the new PC costumes as DLC.

Comment

I'd be okay with a Horde-style game mode that has 4-player co-op. It's not like it would be difficult to implement, as it would basically be Mercs without a time limit.

Comment

Originally posted by djepic112 View Post
                    Well whatever happened to that suggestion thread that Sven refers to? seems like that went to waste. Capcom can start off by giving the console owners the new PC costumes as DLC.
                    Err, didn't he say they used that thread to show Takeuchi all the ideas and discuss from it?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                      No matter how much it doesn't make sense, no matter how stupid it would be -- it could still happen, because DLC starring whored-out female characters in 'aerodynamic' Matrix suits would sell very well. It would probably sell better than, say, a much more realistic and fitting scenario starring Josh Stone.
                      Yeah because people really want to play as the dull and boring black guy that by the time the dlc comes out....people will have forgotten who he even is. I dont really like the prospect of a Jill adventure either because theres really nothing to do, however if I was working for Capcom...I would force someone to come up with something because it seems as long as it involves Jill, Claire or Ada...fans will eat it up.

Comment

I actually agree with CR29; I would have expected something more for Josh, maybe even in Mercenaries because he has similar A.I to Sheva.
                        But no.
                        It'd make more sense for him to have a side story than Jill.
                        Last edited by Gradon; 09-06-2009, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darinl1979 View Post
                          Yeah because people really want to play as the dull and boring black guy that by the time the dlc comes out....people will have forgotten who he even is. I dont really like the prospect of a Jill adventure either because theres really nothing to do, however if I was working for Capcom...I would force someone to come up with something because it seems as long as it involves Jill, Claire or Ada...fans will eat it up.
                          Is that not what I just said? Your post was meant to agree with mine, right? I certainly hope so. I never said Jill DLC wouldn't sell, because it absolutely would. My point was that it wouldn't make as much sense as a scenario starring Josh would. Anything starring Jill would just be more forced fanservice meant to sell copies. I'm not getting into a fight about this again because I've talked about it numerous times on here. Anyone who isn't blinded by fanboyism can see why a Josh mini-game would work better than a Jill one.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                            Is that not what I just said? Your post was meant to agree with mine, right? I certainly hope so. I never said Jill DLC wouldn't sell, because it absolutely would. My point was that it wouldn't make as much sense as a scenario starring Josh would. Anything starring Jill would just be more forced fanservice meant to sell copies. I'm not getting into a fight about this again because I've talked about it numerous times on here. Anyone who isn't blinded by fanboyism can see why a Josh mini-game would work better than a Jill one.

Yea, there's certainly more potential(and LENGTH) to play around with a Josh campaign. He had 4 members on his team? Four player RE5 co-op then! lol. But then all his team gets killed. . .hmm.

And as far as Jill seperate ways, there's not really much there to play with(unlike Ada's Seperate Ways role). What kind of *bosses* could you actually have, or interesting set pieces. It certainly will be interesting to see where this goes. 4 player or 2-player co-op, singler player, additiona versues mercs.

I Hope in the end, we get a new co-op campaign(save single player's return for RE6 please) with some additional Versues/Mercs content as well. Why one or the other?
                            sigpic

Comment

RE5 DLC? It won't happen...

but if it does they really need to come up with something well done.

I would have more expectations on Dead Rising 2 and Dead Space 2 (in which by the way I can move and shoot at the same time)

What am I saying? I really would have more expectations on a RE4 DLC or a Dead Space DLC

Come back Mikami, get the hell out of here Takeuchi you've ruined Resident Evil
                              Last edited by Handsome Rob; 09-06-2009, 11:30 AM.

Comment

To be fair...this is how the game could be set up...

For the first half or so, you play as Josh with Delta team when:
                                they first encounter Uroboros.
                                they rescue Chris and Sheva.
                                they encounter Ndesu and Josh is the only survivor.
                                et cetera.

Josh is basically two steps ahead of Chris and Sheva until they meet up at the Refinery. Creating this DLC really shouldn't be all that mind-bending. After he drops them off at the caves for the start of Chapter 4-1, Josh isn't seen again until he's in the chopper with Jill at the end of the game.

So, maybe after Chris and Sheva save Jill at the end of Chapter 5-3, you gain control of her and have her fight through some Majini, maybe a Chainsaw Chuck or two, until she meets up with Josh and they get in the chopper.

FIN

Comment

Working...
                                X