Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 5 Directors Cut Detailed : Extra Episode Confirmed + 360 Version.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 5 Directors Cut Detailed : Extra Episode Confirmed + 360 Version.

Gamespot have put up much needed detailed clarification of some things about the Director's Cut. The extra scenario featured in it will indeed be the Spencer Estate incident that was shown in flashback scenes in the regular game. An xbox 360 version is also confirmed but it is intended to be released in another format, possibly DLC. Capcom USA have not confirmed the existence of a US version of the game as of yet but it's pretty much a certainty at this point. A teaser trailer highlighting the new content is also expected to go up later today.

Read the entire thing here. Thanks to Mr. Rod.
    Last edited by A-J; 09-24-2009, 12:40 PM.

trailer - later TODAY or later this WEEK??
    Last edited by Dark_Chris; 09-24-2009, 01:08 PM.
    Spoiler:

Comment

Mr. Rod said today. I dunno.

Comment

DO WANT.

I kind of saw it coming though. I'm a little shocked that Capcom actually took the wants of the fans into consideration.

Comment

I read later today, though I could be wrong. Gonna check it again...

Comment

Eh, this is pretty disappointing if I'm honest.

Comment

Of course there's always the possibility of an expanded playable flashback in Spencer's estate... but you know they won't do that.
              Er, guess I was wrong, Capcom actually did what was the most obvious choice for fan service.

Comment

But, there can always be MORE in it right ? Like another scenario ? Jill + Josh ? Capcom ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
                  trailer - later TODAY or later this WEAK??
                  Lol, 'weak'.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I'm lame, I know I know. Haha.
                  Last edited by ElusionM; 09-24-2009, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Whilst the idea of Chris and Jill together again is pure win, making the flashback sequence playable is a little redundant, what the fuck are we going to be doing? Fighting Spencer's Majini bodyguards?!

I'd rather it be a brand new adventure of Chris and Jill during the BSAA years.
                    http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                    http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                    Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

I'm going to be pretty damn annoyed if 360 ppl got this as DLC and the PS3 is only disc based because of the new "motion controls." I wish there would be a program to get a coupon like $20 off the new version if you already own Re5. Won't happen though.

Comment

Why would one format only get it on the disc and the other as downloadable content? Where'd your logic for that?

Comment

The prospect of playing through an eerie mansion with Chris and Jill gets my interest...but just how long could this scenario actually be?
                          Last edited by Vector; 09-24-2009, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
                            Lol, 'weak'.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I'm lame, I know I know. Haha.
                            ahhhhh it's ok, I'm an idiot
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Big Stu View Post
                              Why would one format only get it on the disc and the other as downloadable content? Where'd your logic for that?
                              "An xbox 360 version is also confirmed but it is intended to be released in another format, possibly DLC."

Where's your logic?

Comment

Working...
                              X