No announcement yet.

Alternate Edition High-Rez Famitsu Scans + Interview Translation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capcom is thinking about adding new costumes and game modes as well.

The blood in the main hall of the mansion symbolizes that an incident has occurred, and gamers will understand as soon as they step in what that incident was.
    That last bit REALLY interests me.

The behind-the-shoulder camera will be used, although if you noticed from the screenshots, there are no enemies present…

When asked whether the enemies with be majinis or zombies, with regards to this chapter, Capcom is making preparations for the type of enemies to be included, especially since the setting is Spencer's mansion, with him actually living there.
    This is great, as when this was first announced, it was one of the curiosities I had about it.

Capcom believes the game will have the types of rooms and locations fans are expecting.

Of course, this isn't the only new content being included…
    !!!!!!!

THIS IS GOING TO BE SO AWESOME.

I also love the fourth scan from Famitsu. How Jill is up on the second floor and Chris is all the way down near the dining table.
    Last edited by Yzak; 10-01-2009, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Not the Spencer Mansion again! R.I.P. Resident Evil. The graphics look freaking hot, though.
      Last edited by The_15th; 10-01-2009, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The_15th View Post
        Not the Spencer Mansion again! R.I.P. Resident Evil. The graphics look freaking hot, though.
        You know this is the castle from RE5, right?

Comment

I will repeat myself but this mansion isn't 100% replica of Arklay mansion
          Spoiler:

Comment

I don't know if anyone's said this before, but the location of Spencer in the flashback looks different from what is seen in the AE trailer. In the flashback, it's basically a giant castle on a cliff, and in the AE trailer it looks just like a mansion in the middle of the woods. Well that got me thinking, maybe Spencer isn't in the mansion seen in the AE trailer, maybe there is some secret passageway that leads to his hideout seen in the flashback. So if there was some kind of outbreak at the mansion, he'd have somewhere else to go. Maybe I'm wrong, but to me the two locations just don't look the same.
            Last edited by CODE_umb87; 10-01-2009, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Well, the flashback only showed the back of the castle, which was on a cliff. And this trailer shows us the entrance and some rooms. Hopefully you're right though,and that the mansion is separate from the castle, and the former has all kind of BOWs while the castle is the final place to visit.

Comment

Having watched the "Shadows of the Past" cutscene, and pausing the newest trailer at the scene where C&J approach the front of the mansion...it has to be the same large sprawling estate. Which just so happens to be on a cliffside.

The front of the mansion isn't necessarily in a huge forest. There are just the withered, leafless branches on the ground, but it is hardly a dense forest like in RE1.

And people keep thinking the Spencer Estate is this old European-type castle, but it doesn't exactly have the same features as one, if you view the brief glimpse of it in the RE5 cutscene.

It is nighttime, on a cloudy evening in both the RE5 cutscene, and the newest trailer. It IS the same building, on the same night. I really don't see how anyone can think otherwise.

Comment

This new scenario looks great and it is almost ruined by having to buy another version of 5. Love the puzzles and environment and happy they are putting effort into. I mean they have to put enemies in this that make sense being there but that fit the new game play.

Comment

Working...
                  X