Resident Evil 5 PlayStation Move Gameplay - E3 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Rod View Post
    Because when they announced it back in September 09, Arc/Move wasn't delayed. Why announce it again when Gold Edition is just Alternative Edition for the western market?
    Next time, look up the history in the series of different subtitles for many of the games:

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis/Biohazard 3: Last Escape
    Resident Evil Survivor/Biohazard Gun Survivor
    Resident Evil Survivor 2 CODE: Veronica/Gun Survivor 2: Biohazard CODE: Veronica
    Resident Evil: Dead Aim/Gun Survivor 4: Biohazard Heroes Never Die
    Whatever, you obviously don't understand what I'm talking about.
    I know enough of the series thanks, don't need an history lesson from you.
    Read carefully my post and then maybe you'll have something to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Rod View Post
      Because when they announced it back in September 09, Arc/Move wasn't delayed. Why announce it again when Gold Edition is just Alternative Edition for the western market?

Actually at that time the Alternative Edition was just for Japan, they were still deciding what to do in the west if just to release it as DLC or not. Hence this shortly afterwards.

I'll highlight

Notice that I defined Alternative Edition as a "Japanese product." Here in North America, and over there in Europe, Capcom is wrapping its collective head around the notion of how the new content will be delivered to RE faithful.
      and

This makes absolutely perfect sense for the Japanese gaming market, where the uptake of digital content is a bit behind the western markets. However, based on the success of the RE5 "Versus" downloadable content, as well as digital-only titles like Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix and Marvel VS Capcom 2, we know that the demand for DLC in the west is huge. More and more, gamers in North America and Europe want content immediately and are less inclined to be tied to boxes and packages.

If you would read this quote made in January this year.

Find in-depth gaming news and hands-on reviews of the latest video games, video consoles and accessories.

Capcom has not announced any compatibility between Sony's motion controller and Resident Evil 5 in North America.

It was never said the Gold Edition would support it until very very recently.
      Last edited by Dracarys; 06-20-2010, 05:42 AM.
      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Alkar View Post
        "Capcom has not announced any compatibility between Sony's motion controller and Resident Evil 5 in North America."
        This is the main point not what you quoted. They never said a thing regarding Move support until now, 3 months after the release of DLC+GE.
        So you've gone from Capcom saying Move wouldn't be supported, to Capcom not saying they wouldn't support it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
          I brought the Gold Edition out of pure laziness about 2 months after the DLC came out. Still haven't even played the whole thing because my PS3 died and the save went with it, meaning I'll have to replay the whole game again to unlock everything once more. This maybe the incentive for me to do it.
          I had a similar situation but not because my PS3 died. I imported my original game from Hong Kong and unlocked everything etc. The AE edition was released in HK only 2 weeks after the first DLC and I wanted a disc-based version of the new content, so I was happy to import again from HK.
          However... despite both games being printed and sold in HK, the save files are NOT compatible! So I had to start again from scratch.
          I enjoyed my first playthrough. Playing on 'normal' with the bare-bones equipment, without the (I am DEATH incarnate) upgrades and bonus weapons, was fun and challenging. But then I began to realize just how much time I had put into my original save file. I still play the game on occasions but I'm yet to catch up to the level of progress made on my original game...
          But the extra missions, costumes and Mercs Reunion, are definitely worth the price of the game.

My version is called 'Biohazard 5 Alternative Edition' but it's all in English. I presume it will support the move controls.

Comment

Originally posted by Skunky View Post
            I had a similar situation but not because my PS3 died. I imported my original game from Hong Kong and unlocked everything etc. The AE edition was released in HK only 2 weeks after the first DLC and I wanted a disc-based version of the new content, so I was happy to import again from HK.
            However... despite both games being printed and sold in HK, the save files are NOT compatible! So I had to start again from scratch.
            I enjoyed my first playthrough. Playing on 'normal' with the bare-bones equipment, without the (I am DEATH incarnate) upgrades and bonus weapons, was fun and challenging. But then I began to realize just how much time I had put into my original save file. I still play the game on occasions but I'm yet to catch up to the level of progress made on my original game...
            But the extra missions, costumes and Mercs Reunion, are definitely worth the price of the game.

My version is called 'Biohazard 5 Alternative Edition' but it's all in English. I presume it will support the move controls.
            Yeah I have that issue to, I have RE5/BIO5 from each country release, and they all use there own saves, it is indeed annoying. slowly progressing through like 5 copys of the same game is annoying, not to mention each one wants to install 5GIG data on the PS3.

Comment

This is pretty cool. I enjoyed RE4 with motion controls on the Wii. I'm not sure if I'm gonna get a Move though.

Comment

I wonder if the update would be free? or like a pay for like versus and such ??

Comment

It'll be a free patch, guaranteed.

Comment

Working...
                  X